shape
carat
color
clarity

UK jeweler does not grade gems, concern?

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
There's also lab created sapphires to worry about. :eek2:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have zero concerns about heat treatment since it's so common. But others may disagree. For me, unheated vs. heated is a difference I can't see, so I'm not willing to pay tge premium for unheated.

The one you linked from Etsy is pretty, but very dark. And that stone is also heated (see the description).

voce

Ideal_Rock
Personal preference for color varies. Some of us prefer darker blues and some of us prefer lighter. I think that there's someone very important you're not involving in the decision making process, but I've said quite enough about that and will not comment or post on this thread again.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s blue green, not blue. Which will she prefer?

Carcosa

Rough_Rock
[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]
I have zero concerns about heat treatment since it's so common. But others may disagree. For me, unheated vs. heated is a difference I can't see, so I'm not willing to pay tge premium for unheated.

The one you linked from Etsy is pretty, but very dark. And that stone is also heated (see the description).

Thanks again lovedogs. After a lot of twisting and turning I went for the:
r8264-sapphire-ring-01.jpg

In a month I will be going to a castle in a remote place at the end of the world and propose. Fingers crossed she likes the ring (but how can you not?).

Last edited:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

Thanks again lovedogs. After a lot of twisting and turning I went for the:
r8264-sapphire-ring-01.jpg

In a month I will be going to a castle in a remote place at the end of the world and propose. Fingers crossed she likes the ring (but how can you not?).
yay, so happy for you! I think she'll love it, especially if she liked the UK one online. This one is so much nicer and higher quality.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results