shape
carat
color
clarity

Ugly tourmaline

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought this was funny. This is Dan''s latest stone. He needs to advertise better.
emwink.gif

uglytourmaline_what.jpg

LOL, did he have any other comments on it?

nope.

Well geez...might as well really ramp it up and call it "fugly tourmaline"...

I don''t know anything about tourmalines...is it really that ugly?

Well, if his pictures are much lighter than the stone, as everyone attests to, then it''s probably a brown color.

The rough looks more brown.

I''ve used ACS and Precisiongem, who is this from?

lol at Dan. hey it made us take notice!
2.gif

Too funny. It got all of our attention.

I just saw that on my daily flyby of the site and it completely cracked me up, LOL!

Did anyone ask Dan why it''s "ugly?"

I haven''t asked.. When I saw the rough I was wondering what the color was going to be... gray, lavender...coal??
40.gif

I saw that too, I should have known it would already be posted. I asked, I had to email him anyway.We''ll see if he answers... Maybe it was supposed to be more pinky? I don''t know, it''s really brown.

Thats pretty funny!

Hmm... what color of metal for a setting would make the stone less ugly?

Too funny!

Though the color is a bit of a mystery, it is clear that the tourmaline is cut well, so how ugly can it really be?

Date: 2/26/2009 9:21:26 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Did anyone ask Dan why it''s ''ugly?''
Yes. He hasn''t answered yet...

Dan the Man is funny!

That''s funny! I think it''s a purty stone. :)

LOL! Maybe he should try heating it to see if it becomes less ugly!
9.gif

I got a response:

"The color is a sick slightly pinkish (maybe) brown-gray. It is the most repulsive color I''ve ever seen in a tourmaline. I was hoping for a stone that was just "silver", as that is very rare and oddly attractive. But noooo.....it came out to be "corpse" colored. The stone is clean, brilliant, etc., but that color is just horrid. :-)"

I''m ROLFMAO!!!!!!

Date: 2/26/2009 2:09:36 PM
Author: FrekeChild
I got a response:

''The color is a sick slightly pinkish (maybe) brown-gray. It is the most repulsive color I''ve ever seen in a tourmaline. I was hoping for a stone that was just ''silver'', as that is very rare and oddly attractive. But noooo.....it came out to be ''corpse'' colored. The stone is clean, brilliant, etc., but that color is just horrid. :-)''

I''m ROLFMAO!!!!!!
So are we thinking rose gold here people??
31.gif

Corpse colored! Ewwwwwww.

Hilarious this Dan. Definitely hilarious.

ROTFL!!!

Date: 2/26/2009 2:09:36 PM
Author: FrekeChild
I got a response:

''The color is a sick slightly pinkish (maybe) brown-gray. It is the most repulsive color I''ve ever seen in a tourmaline. I was hoping for a stone that was just ''silver'', as that is very rare and oddly attractive. But noooo.....it came out to be ''corpse'' colored. The stone is clean, brilliant, etc., but that color is just horrid. :-)''

I''m ROLFMAO!!!!!!

Bwahahaha what a great response back from Dan!

OMG! Bwahh hah hah hah! HILARIOUS!!!

Now I want it ,just to see how bad it is, LOL!

I saw that too and started cracking up. I can''t wait to see what he says.

Ahahaha I want it now! How much is it going for?

He''s a riot.

MonkeyPie: it is going for $45.00.

When I asked about the stone, I didn''t get nearly as much information as Frekechild did when she inquired about it. There are a couple people in line to get the stone.

LMAO!!!! Well I hope whoever gets it is a PS member and posts pics!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP

Featured Topics