shape
carat
color
clarity

Ugly Christmas Ornament Competition Assistance (again!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Rats...trying to fix them...

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not sure why this frog looks so stunned...or happy...
3.gif

link

79_1_b.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ho Ho HORROR!

link

f4_1_b.jpg

sera

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/26/2007 11:17:05 PM
Author: KimberlyH
Date: 11/26/2007 11:13:32 PM

Author: luckystar112

Date: 11/26/2007 11:00:44 PM

Author: KimberlyH

Date: 11/26/2007 10:56:32 PM

Author: Haven

Ahhhhhhhhahahahaha! Those ornaments are so ugly, I can''t stand it! I didn''t know they made ugly ornaments!

We''re having an ugly baby photo contest at work, this totally reminded me of that!

It''s one of the big highlights of Christmas in my family. Everyone but my hubby and I have already purchased their ornaments and are laughing about them, but keeping them secret, of course. If you can find my thread from last year you''ll certainly get a kick out of some of the things people came up with.

ETA: the competition has also resulted in the tradition of passing the most hideous, oversized fake rat -- my dad purchased it to scare my sister and mom at Halloween, and then decided to dress up as an ornament -- back and forth amongst my parents, my husband and myself from holiday to holiday. It is now adorned with turkey feathers, a birthday sign, a t-shirt that says ''Worlds Greatest Dad'', 4th of July holiday beads, and other odd things. I think he''s being returned to us soon, and I look forward to what he has grown into...or perhaps I should be scared. My mom claims he''s been decorated enough to hide his ugliness, I don''t think he''s there quite yet.

Okay....you officially have the best family ever. I wanna play with my family!!!!!

I do have a pretty fantastic family, I must say. I am a lucky lady to have been born into them. And I encourage you to start the tradition with your own family, it is truly a hysterically fun time.
OOHHH we (my parents and their friends) pass the flamingos! It just started out as a mutual hatred of yard flamingos... to sticking a flamingo in the other''s yard... flamingo margarita glasses... flamingo lamps... all things flamingo hideous!

We also pass "the kids" who were born from the most awful pic of my mom and my dad and then transferred onto cloth doll faces. We have not seen the kids for a few years now... they were kidnapped and taken to Mexico, but they did manage to get a postcard out to us. Maybe someday we will have a miraculous reunion.

Since I''m always on the lookout for tacky flamingo ornaments and knicknacks, I''ll keep an eye out for you, too.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Just a snowman, right? Except it's made out of horse poop! Don't worry, each clump is hand-picked for the perfect shape.

Hand Crafted Snowman Ornament

snowmanpoop.JPG

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Vote for me or I''ll kill you.

link

lf5983a.jpg

sera

Ideal_Rock
How 'bout Cosmo Merman? Unfortunatley, Clint Cowboy Merman is sold out... awww shucks. I'm gonna need that cosmo. Cheers!

Cosmo_lg.JPG

sera

Ideal_Rock
That pickle is hideous, TG!

sera

Ideal_Rock
OMG!!!!!!!!! I am SO getting this for a Pass the Flamingo gift!!!

Leather_lg.jpg

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
STOP IT! I'm going to wet myself!

BTW- the pickle is popular around my area. Apparently whomever finds the pickle on Christmas Eve gets to open a gift. There's no pickle on my tree! I'll wait til morning!!

ETA~ SDL, you didn't ask when the fishing line was used.....

If you read the Sibling Torture thread, I posted about my bro and I fishing for turtle. These ornaments were made out of that line a couple days after the bb in the nose incident of 1985

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/27/2007 12:44:57 AM
Author: SanDiegoLady

Date: 11/26/2007 11:05:05 PM
Author: somethingshiny
OH, I wish my mom still had all of her uglies. Unfortunately, she lost all of her hideous Christmas ornaments when their house burnt down a few years ago.

Luckily enough, I was already married when the fire occurred, and so had been bestowed with my very own set of these handmade fantasies. Here is one of the dearest.

Yes, it IS a styrofoam ball. Yes, it has been hollowed out with the flaming hot lava end of a glue gun. Yes, it did stink terribly for days. Yes, that is a Christmas card cut up and placed ever so gently in the center of the crispity whiteness. Yes, it is plastic ribbon and plastic beads encircling the ball. And, Yes, it is hung my fishing line. Yes, it was used fishing line.

Maybe you could make something like this for your OWN tree.

ENJOY!

I shouldn''t speak so badly about these grotesque things. My mom did her best to decorate a tree for us when we had no money. tsk tsk on me!
ROFLMAO omg got me to laugh hard enough to snort... outloud even.. Steve asked me what was so funny.. LMAO.. too funny. Priceless.. really it is.
I have to agree...that is just really really funny. In a poignant-weird kinda way.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Tgal~ I say my brother is "poignant", but he doesn''t understand the word and calls himself "pungent"!!!!
1.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
For those of you who missed it, here's is the KimberlyH family competition link of 2006

ETA, A lot of the links on that thread are dead. Kimberly's homemade prize winner is on page 3 of that thread. But Kimberly, you never did post the other contestants?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, I have two beagles, and this beagle jingle bell ornament is the ugliest depiction of a beagle I''ve ever seen. So there, TG, maybe it''s not as ugly as your green screaming looking thing, but it''s fugly. LOL!

beaglejinglebell.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/27/2007 1:38:45 AM
Author: monarch64
Ok, I have two beagles, and this beagle jingle bell ornament is the ugliest depiction of a beagle I''ve ever seen. So there, TG, maybe it''s not as ugly as your green screaming looking thing, but it''s fugly. LOL!
It looks like it was beheaded and put on a platter. DOG UGLY fer sure!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
39.gif
Looks like the auction ended with Buy it Now....

Linky for last years $64 contender
16.gif

ugface.jpg

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I turned on the computer at 5:30 a.m. and am doing my best to keep quiet so as to not wake my DH sleeping in other room, but I'm failing because some of these are so darn funny.

TGal, you are more then welcome to come to Christmas, I think we're celebrating on the evening of the 25th. My parents are in north LA County, it wouldn't be a far drive for you and TGuy. I'll dig through pictures and post.

Harleigh, you are my Sacramento sister, and my family is so big one more person wouldn't make a difference (but it's just my mom, dad, sister, her husband, her 2 year old, me and my husband that particpate, so being my sister is your in this ridiculously funny competition
2.gif
).

Sera, I'm lovin' the flamingo and baby passing. My parents, my husband and I all anticipate when the rat will make his next appearance. I decorated him for Thanksgiving so it's our turn to get him back.

Thanks to all of you I have ornaments for years to come.

I am loving the "Ugly" ornament simply because it would have to win for being such a literal interpretation. I'm also diggin' the rock around the clock guys. I should be getting ready for work. I'm going to need to carve out some serious time to dig through all of these, they are so fantanstic!

AH.UglyOrnament.JPG

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I didn''t remember this, but I actually got a pickle last year.

KH.UglyOrnament.JPG

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
The beginnings of the rat (my husband was the lucky recipient).

JMRAT.JPG

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
A WalMart Special (I know because my husband contributed it to the contest). Who doesn''t want a lovely peacock on their tree? My grandmother thought it was pretty, no joke.

Dad.UglyOrnament.JPG

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Last one. The gem my sister recieved. My mom was the recipient of my lovely prize.

PHUglOrnament.JPG

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Not sure what this creature is....

ornamentwhattheheck.jpg

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
I''m pretty sure the pickle ornament is a German tradition. Hide a pickle on the tree, and the person who finds it gets.......something. FI''s Grandmother hid a pickle on a tree last year (we aren''t German, we were just doing it for fun) and you wouldn''t believe how hard it was to find that little sucker!!!

Xtreemski1

Rough_Rock
For the outdoor lovers!

842092.jpg

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/26/2007 11:45:39 PM
Author: TravelingGal
It won''t let me save the pic, but if you want to see a funky yoga flamingo ornament, click here

Oh my God! I just laughed so hard I choked up and started coughing! This might not be the ugliest, but it''s got to be the dingy-est!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/27/2007 12:26:14 AM
Author: EBree
Just a snowman, right? Except it''s made out of horse poop! Don''t worry, each clump is hand-picked for the perfect shape.

Hand Crafted Snowman Ornament

Oohhh! I have tears running down my face! Priceless!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results