shape
carat
color
clarity

Ugliest Christmas Ornament

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
My family has a Christmas tradition, The Ugliest Christmas Ornament Competition. We each purchase an ornament and place it under the tree in an unmarked paper bag. Then, before opening presents we each open a bag and then vote for the ugliest. It''s pretty informal as most of the time spouses have seen each other''s ornaments, but it''s still a ton of amusingly silly fun.

I have won 4 years in a row, so the stakes are high and I need to continue the streak. So, has anyone seen any hideous ornaments this year while online browsing that might help my cause? My dad claims to have the competition all wrapped up this year and I MUST defeat him.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Ah, see this is one of those touchy areas where I post something I think is ugly and somebody else says "I have that and I love it!" So please, nobody take offense...

but this gold plated flying pig with crystals is truly hideous!
pig

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha ha! My husband actually likes it!!!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Ha, DeeJay... that''s exactly what I was talking about! And isn''t it Cincinatti that has the flying pig sculpture?

anyway, here''s another that I HOPE your hubby doesn''t like!

TACKY

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
They''re both ugly, sum. No offense to your husband''s taste DeeJay!
9.gif

I wish I had pictures of some of the others that have been given. They''re have been some hideous ornanments over the past few years.

Keep em'' coming!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol i think piggy is cute! and he's got bling so what more can you ask for?
9.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/6/2006 7:24:52 PM
Author: KimberlyH
They're both ugly, sum. No offense to your husband's taste DeeJay!
9.gif

Absolutely no offense taken!
2.gif
Before The Demon came along we had somewhere along the line acquired a stuffed pig (named POG--go figure) that we became quite fond of, so maybe the happy hubby was having pig flashbacks, LOL.

(P.S. - we still have the pig. We refer to him as The Demon's brother. Yes, we might have a problem...)

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Here IS ONE on Ebay- pretty awful to me

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
That ornament is terrible, it made me jump when I looked at it.

*M*

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/6/2006 8:01:31 PM
Author: Dee*Jay

Date: 12/6/2006 7:24:52 PM
Author: KimberlyH
They''re both ugly, sum. No offense to your husband''s taste DeeJay!
9.gif

Absolutely no offense taken!
2.gif
Before The Demon came along we had somewhere along the line acquired a stuffed pig (named POG--go figure) that we became quite fond of, so maybe the happy hubby was having pig flashbacks, LOL.

(P.S. - we still have the pig. We refer to him as The Demon''s brother. Yes, we might have a problem...)

My mom has a stuffed dog that she purchased at the grocery store over 5 years ago, he''s actually quite cute. She said he "spoke to [her]" and she had to bring him home. His name is Alfie and my sister and I tease her that she loves Alfie more than she loves us. We often torture her by hiding him (in the oven, in the fireplace, etc.). The last time my sister, BIL and nephew visited my BIL accidentally packed Alfie when collecting my nephew''s toys. My sister returned him on the next visit and my mom swears my BIL did it on purpose.

I have a stuffed pink bear that my DH gave me for Valentine''s Day with a necklace around his neck when we started dating. DH and I place have played quite a few jokes on one another using the bear as a pawn (he may end up in the pantry with his nose in hubby''s popcorn, or looking up information on the internet in hubby''s office etc.). We''re fond of him, as you are of POG (except he wasn''t lucky enough to get a name, we just call him "pink bear").

Wow, my family and I really are normal, we just have a strange sense of humor!

My point is, DeeJay, my mom can relate, as can I.

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
This isn't an ornament per se, and I only *wish* I had a picture, but our family has a white elephant exchange and for years this . . . "thing" was passed around until it finally disappeared. It was a plastic wreath, except in the shape of a candy cane. Fully, obviously plastic complete with plastic holly berries.

I really wish I had a pic--it doesn't sound that bad now that I'm trying to describe it, but trust me, it was.
4.gif

ETA: OK, I just read the original post more carefully and noticed that you're looking for something you could actually buy . . . so never mind. It's always good to read before posting, I guess.
9.gif

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/6/2006 8:36:14 PM
Author: VegasAngel

Yeah, that is pretty terrible! I saw that one and couldn''t figure out why anybody would have made such a thing! And it''s so expensive! I think maybe (hope) that the eyes fell out?

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/6/2006 8:58:11 PM
Author: Christa
This isn''t an ornament per se, and I only *wish* I had a picture, but our family has a white elephant exchange and for years this . . . ''thing'' was passed around until it finally disappeared. It was a plastic wreath, except in the shape of a candy cane. Fully, obviously plastic complete with plastic holly berries.

I really wish I had a pic--it doesn''t sound that bad now that I''m trying to describe it, but trust me, it was.
4.gif

ETA: OK, I just read the original post more carefully and noticed that you''re looking for something you could actually buy . . . so never mind. It''s always good to read before posting, I guess.
9.gif
Christa,

But I still think it''s funny and I''m glad you shared!
35.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/6/2006 11:54:31 PM
Author: AmberWaves
This is pretty bad.
It''s so ugly I almost want to like it. My grandma would think that was the most awful thing ever... and then buy it and put it in the center of the tree, hahahahaha. I''m tempted to get it....

*M*

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not being Christian is it ignorant to ask what a pig has to do with Xmas other than to be on the table with an apple in it''s mouth?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
What IS that supposed to be?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I challenge anyone to say something nice about the shrunken head unless you are from a tribe that collects them!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/6/2006 11:54:31 PM
Author: AmberWaves
This is pretty bad.

are some of these jokes, seriously? we do not celebrate Christmas but even if we did I cannot imagine having those on my tree... I would be a silver tinsel, snowflakes and white tiny lights type of girl, maybe throw in some ribbons but some of this stuff is just insane to me!

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/7/2006 1:39:43 AM
Author: diamondfan
Not being Christian is it ignorant to ask what a pig has to do with Xmas other than to be on the table with an apple in it''s mouth?
A pig has about as much to do with Christmas as chocolate eggs and bunnies do with Easter and the Resurrection. In short... NONE. I don''t know why someone would ever do a pig ornament... the eggs and bunnies are derived from the seasonal pagan celebration of fertility that was in place before Christians replaced it with the celebration of the Resurrection, so there is ALMOST a connection. But only almost.

*M*

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, DF I want to see the ugliest ornament/dreidl/whatever your religion is/symbol ever. Now. LOL!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/6/2006 8:36:14 PM
Author: VegasAngel

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGHH!!!
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif

It looks like a shrunken head for sure, first thing I thought too DF and oh those eye sockets....
40.gif
40.gif
40.gif
40.gif

I know that...thing is going to give me nightmares, rarely have I seen anything so hideous
emotion-41.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
kc,

My parents actually have this leg lamp up in their family room, year round no less. I bought it for my dad for Christmas 2 years ago and he thought it was so funny he won''t take it down. He loves A Christmas Story the movie. Their house is so nicely decorated (I kid you not) and in the middle of it all stands the leg.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/7/2006 1:49:21 AM
Author: poptart

Date: 12/7/2006 1:39:43 AM
Author: diamondfan
A pig has about as much to do with Christmas as chocolate eggs and bunnies do with Easter and the Resurrection. In short... NONE. I don''t know why someone would ever do a pig ornament... the eggs and bunnies are derived from the seasonal pagan celebration of fertility that was in place before Christians replaced it with the celebration of the Resurrection, so there is ALMOST a connection. But only almost.

*M*
Ditto what she said. Christmas has become a secular holiday in many ways and people decorate with what they like, think is pretty, etc. as opposed to religious symbols. Next time you drive through a decorated neighborhood check out how many people have any religious decorations up. We went Christmas light looking last weekend and counted three houses with nativity scenes and one star representing the Star of Bethlehem. We looked for an hour and had to have passed at least 100 houses.

Our tree is pretty secular, we have a few religious ornaments, the rest are beaded ball ornaments that my MIL made years ago and ornaments I inherited from my dad''s family. Oh, and a few of the ugly Christmas ornaments, one of them is a pig because it was my sister''s ugly ornament for last year and I got it.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The shrunken head listing is gone from e-bay.

OK, fess up -- which one of you bought it?!?

>>

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/7/2006 10:23:04 AM

It wasn't me, but I am considering purchasing some clay and replicated it ($64 is way too steep to win a contest).

DeeJay, you are not alone. Pink bear was looking up therapy on my computer yesterday when I got home from running errands. Perhaps he and my hubby think I spend too much time on PS!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/7/2006 10:23:04 AM

>>

It was me, I bought it for Diamondfan
12.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
That face actually might be good on the tree next to the feast table - "Don't drink too much" kind of reminder. Hangover is not a pretty thing?

We had a funny story about Christmas Decoration nightmares and how scary and irritating an innocent design may be to a particular person.

Our school was next door to a huge amusement park. Every season the management decorated the gates with 50 meters Snowflake of 8 stars.

Our crystallography professor 80 yo lady freaked out every time for several years it was up. "Water does not form 4th symmetry!" - she screamed.

We thought it was hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results