shape
carat
color
clarity

Ugh! I am so annoyed!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
So, we were supposed to receive my new diamond from GOG yesterday. And it''s here, but it is locked in my apartment buildings mail closet!

We were so upset. There is supposed to be someone here from 6 AM- 9 PM to get packages and handle other problems. Well actually when we signed the lease there was someone here 24 hours a day. But they were running into finance trouble (everyone is taking advantage of low interest rates now and buying a house) so they had to lay a bunch of people off. But there was still supposed to be someone here until 9.

We get home yesterday at 6:30 (earliest we can get home, we work about 40 miles away and with traffic on fridays, that is actually a pretty decent time) and there is a notice taped to the desk that no one would be here untl 9 AM Saturday. We were soooooo upset! We had been there the night before and there was no notice up. I don''t see how you can just post a notice up mid day. That package is very expensive and we don''t like it being left overnight in the closet. If we had advance notice, I''d have had it sent for a Saturday delivery. Also, this happened a week ago with another package that wasn''t expensive, but it was still very annoying as they give us no warning on this. I mean what if is was someone''s medication or financial papers they needed in a hurry or well jsut anything you needed that day?

We tried calling the help line, but they wouldn''t send someone even when we told them what was in the package. The landlord said he didn''t care that it was an engagement ring, that my fiance should have planned better. How can you plan when there is no rhyme or reason to when someone will just not be there?

Sorry, had to vent. We are so anxious to see the diamond and are worried about it being in a mail closet. We don''t know who has keys to the closet and the apartment says they are not liable for stolen, lost or damaged packages.
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
HI JAX- YOUR RING WILL NO DOUBT BE THERE. SO YOU DECIDED TO GO WITH GOG AFTERALL. I AM GLAD YOU DID...

-JOSH
SITKA, ALASKA
9.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Oh Jax, How AWFUL for you!
8.gif

I can truly sympathize. White Flash ships to Fed Ex stations and you have to go pick up the package. When the diamonds arrived for preview, it was no big deal (HaHa). I'd arranged for the package to go to the Fed Ex station adjacent to Hubby's work. He picked them up and brought them home. The day the finished pendant arrived was different. I burned rubber to get to Fed Ex and ripped open the boxes right there in the parking lot.

I truly hope by the time you see this, you have ring on hand and have left a piece of your mind in the apt complex office!
2.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Oh how awful. To know it's so close yet you can't get to it!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Got any friends that can pick a lock? Right about now that would be my idea!!! Hope you get it soon. It's Sat now...so maybe it was all resolved!

Post PIX too
1.gif

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Diamond has been rescued! You better believe we were there right at 9 waiting for them.
1.gif

And we gave them quite a bit of our minds yesterday. We will wait until Monday to do more, but we are going to send a letter and make a phone call to their superiors because hanging up on my fiance was uncalled for. Just didn't want to ruin another day with arguments.
1.gif

Anyways...diamond is gorgeous! Fiance is taking pics now...I will post them shortly. Stats for those interested:

1.34 G VVS2 H & A from GOG
http://www.goodoldgold.com/1_34ct_g_vvs2_h&a.htm

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
PICS!!!

Diamond1.gif

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Pic 2

Diamond2.gif

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Pic 3

Diamond3.gif

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Pic 4

Diamond4.gif

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Pic 5

Diamond---White-Cloth.gif

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Pic 6

Hand---Close.gif

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Pic 7

Hand---Far.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow you can see the arrows and everything, very nice. The thing is a fireball and looks huge! When are you getting it set and into what?

Congrats!!

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
It will be set into a Vatche Royal Crown setting..but it has to be rebuilt to fit the bigger stone and our designer needed the diamond first, so it will probably be another week or so... I CAN'T WAIT!!!

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! I love the way those arrows photographed. When you get the ring, please post all angles, cause I am considering the Vatche crown setting for a reset. Just too much fun!!
10.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely GORGEOUS!! Great ARROWS and COLORS!!!
love.gif

You had me worried you didn't get the package when you didn't post you'd gotten it yesterday.
6.gif
Bad Jax! Leave us all hanging like that! LOL
16.gif

Pics were definitely worth the wait! You MUST post eye candy of the finished ring!
1.gif

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks all for the nice comments. I am beaming with joy over this diamond. It is just gorgeous. I can't wait to have it on my finger.
1.gif
Off it goes to the designer tomorrow. I'm hoping she is able to have it done within a week and a half (She said about a week.)
1.gif

I will have my camera man (fiance) take pics from all angles.
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've attached a picture..I think it's Kayla's ring..and I think it's in the Vatche Royal Crown (can't keep all the settings straight), even though the picture is named XProng (that was my doing as I saved it from the web to my computer).

Anyhow--I saw this picture when it was posted here, and loved both the stone and the setting for the stone. I think these two work very well together, and the size of your stone in the setting will be somewhat similar Jax, as the ctw is not that different. So if this indeed is the same setting, here is a glimpse of the future!!

2.gif
Congrats.

1.51 F VVS ACA in Vatche X Prong.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
One more...

1.51 F VVS ACA in Vatche X Prong 2.jpg

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Yep that's my setting! I had the royal crown when I had the 1.04...but the setting will definately be a bit bigger now.
1.gif

I can't wait to get it!

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Hey Jaxie...

Now that's a BEAUTIFUL diamond! Looks like a ball of fire! And such beautiful arrows! Enjoy it!
1.gif
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results