shape
carat
color
clarity

ugh gained weight!

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
Ladies - so I gained some weight :( I can't wear my diamond solitaire ring and wedding band on the same finger until this weight comes off! Which ring should I wear on my left hand? Thanks and sorry for the ridiculous question!

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
I always bang a solitaire if it is on my right-that is my two cents.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You're saying one will fit but not both (due to width). If you're just running around and have a regular wedding band, wear it.
If you are going out to dinner or somewhere nice then wear your engagement ring.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some mornings I just feel too bloated to wear two (or three, I'm a stacker) rings on one finger. My solitaire is set a little too high to feel safe on my right (dominant) hand, so I make it the star of my left hand. Sometimes I'll wear a slightly larger band on my right hand, sometimes not. Honestly, no one has ever questioned the arrangements.

I'm a firm believer that jewelry is meant to be worn and enjoyed. If you have to adjust according to your current needs, go ahead and do that. Wear one of the rings on it's own and make it the star of the day. If you wish, switch it up tomorrow. Or not. It's your hands, your rings. Find what you like best (even if that is done one day at a time.)

Or, and here's my favorite: get yourself something to wear for now. You can decide later whether you just want to go ahead and size one or more of your rings to your current size. It's a fact that some of us do find our hands and fingers change over time and sizing may be needed. That's not something to worry about, it's a fact of aging, and if you ask me, as long as I'm still here on this planet, everything else is just details.

quaddio

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Lovely post KaeKae, I agree with enjoying life and focusing on what's importany (husband/marriage - not a few pounds). Will you post pictures so we can admire - or in true pricescope.com style, recommend more blind to compliment your current un-stacked set?

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
KaeKae|1444193777|3935675 said:
My solitaire is set a little too high to feel safe on my right (dominant) hand, so I make it the star of my left hand.

I'm a firm believer that jewelry is meant to be worn and enjoyed. If you have to adjust according to your current needs, go ahead and do that. Wear one of the rings on it's own and make it the star of the day. If you wish, switch it up tomorrow. Or not. It's your hands, your rings. Find what you like best (even if that is done one day at a time.).

Yeah, I put the lower or more securely set thing on my right hand. I know from experience that I manage to do lots more weird stuff to my dominant hand, and I'd rather put rings that are less likely to get damaged on it.

I also absolutely agree with your advice to mainly not worry about it and do whatever you want. And honestly, if your rings are both easily sized (e.g., solitaire and plain band, rather than pave or engraved), I'd just get them sized now, and then get them sized again when the weight comes off. I'd much rather that than not wear them or run the risk of getting one stuck and needing to cut it off!

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results