shape
carat
color
clarity

u prong eternity in 10, 12 or 15 ppointers. size 7.75 ring

ringsearching

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I think I decided to put my pear ring re-set on hold and go for an eternity for my right hand for my 20th anniversary project. I think I like u prong best because of the side view, and it will be for the right hand so it will not need to sit with any other ring.

how does idj's best quality- ideal cut, compare to white flash and brian gavin heart and arrowa? and is there any height, comfort or quality difference in the actual setting between idj, white flash and brain gavin?

also does anyone think it is worth getting a quote for 12 pointers? or should I just go for 10 point (standard for white flash Annette) or 15 pt price comparisons?

I think I will do white gold to save money somewhere.

any pictures or info any of you took into account when making the decision?

mns12

Shiny_Rock
Re: u prong eternity in 10, 12 or 15 ppointers. size 7.75 ri

Hi!

I purchased a Whiteflash 15 Pointer U-prong eternity last year. Gorgeous and love the profile. I previously had a shared prong eternity and no difference to me in comfort. Below is the thread with pictures. Hope that helps!

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-first-whiteflash-acas-annette-u-prong-eternity-band.212916/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-first-whiteflash-acas-annette-u-prong-eternity-band.212916/[/URL]

NuiX

Rough_Rock

Hey there! I ordered a 6.25 15 pointer Annette u-prong from WhiteFlash in 2011 because of the gorgeous rings LAG2010 & Shelleydog had made there. The ring produced in 2011 was definitely smaller in total carat weight than theirs but also seemed heavier in prong width and size. I can say that originally I was disappointed that my setting wasn't as petite and graceful as theirs were, but I hardly noticed that after a few weeks wear. Looking back, I'm not gentle or kind to my jewelry so it's probably better it wasn't so fragile.

Shelleydog: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-whiteflash-3-40-tcw-custom-eternity-band.110414/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-whiteflash-3-40-tcw-custom-eternity-band.110414/[/URL]
LAG2010: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/picked-up-my-u-prong-eternity-band.150043/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/picked-up-my-u-prong-eternity-band.150043/[/URL]

Here a few shots of my 2011 ring:
custom-full-eternity-plaitnum-wedding-band-by-whiteflash-30806_f.jpg
custom-full-eternity-plaitnum-wedding-band-by-whiteflash-30806_ttr_1.jpg
custom-full-eternity-plaitnum-wedding-band-by-whiteflash-30806_ttr_1.jpg

Earlier this year my eternity band was stolen from my home and I contacted WhiteFlash to make another one. I got an estimate and sent them a wire transfer. There have been numerous problems with production, communication, and general customer service during the last few months. Here is the ring they first produced and which I did not accept:
tom-annette_s-u-prong-full-eternity-diamond-wedding-ring-in-platinum-by-whiteflash_42718_20921_f.jpg

Vera Wages talked to the production team and they tried to address my problems with the piece. That resulted in this -- which was both better and worse:
custom-annette_s-u-prong-full-eternity-diamond-ring-in-platinum-by-whiteflash_42718_20921_f.jpg

The ring was more rounded and less squared, but the diamonds were poorly matched which resulted in widely varying U sizes as illustrated here:
custom-annette_s-u-prong-full-eternity-diamond-ring-in-platinum-by-whiteflash_42718_20921_ttr.jpg
bad_proportions.png uneven_posts.png

I did not accept this version either and sent the ring back. Vera let me know that they were very sad that I didn't like the piece and that they'd be willing to remake it for me from scratch to address the problems I'd had. She told me that I needed to confirm the changes to the order via email before they made a second ring. I was weighing my options over the holidays when I got a notice that the redo was finished and was going to ship -- even though I hadn't approved a second try or any of the changes. This is what the current iteration looks like:
custom-annette_s-u-prong-full-eternity-diamond-ring-in-platinum-by-whiteflash_43155_20921_top.jpg
custom-annette_s-u-prong-full-eternity-diamond-ring-in-platinum-by-whiteflash_43155_20921_ttr.jpg
custom-annette_s-u-prong-full-eternity-diamond-ring-in-platinum-by-whiteflash_43155_20921_f.jpg

I wasn't happy with this iteration of the ring either and Vera recommended that I go to a full-custom process which would cost "quite a bit" more. I'm obviously hesitant to give them more money for a ring they made successfully in 2011 and have not skillfully reproduced so far. I will say, however, that Vera has been fairly gracious as I decline piece after piece and that the diamonds in the ring are absolutely ah-mazingly gorgeous and I find no fault in their quality just their mis-matched sizing.

tl;dr: If you go with WhiteFlash, expect amazing diamonds with really solid pricing but make sure you get quote that includes full custom work with CAD drawings and a very clear idea of what you want -- their production team is less consistent than it once was and I'd give their communication a D-

ringsearching

Rough_Rock

Gee! The first ring is beautiful! And i did not find it bulky at all! I agree that the recent order isnt the same. The ring mold being differnet is crazy as the cast is not custom! Do they have any explanation for why this is ocurring?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I have the WF 10 pt in yg and it is perfection. Comfortable, durable, no problems. Shrinkage will set in. Get the 15 pt if you can do it.

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock

NuiX - thank you for posting your rings. I totally see the difference between your original and your current. How disappointing that their quality has gone downhill.

tiger007g

Shiny_Rock

Go with the 15-pointers of you can swing it! Big enough to stand alone and still small enough to stack!
I highly recommend getting in touch with Mark T at Brilliantly Engaged. My ring is a 20-pointer shared-prong and the workmanship is excellent - delicate,strong and very comfortable. I can see distinct arrows in every stone and his pricing was very, very good. He can make the ring with different grades and cut quality of diamonds, per your specifications. I've seen others post photos on this site of their u-prong eternities by Mark...

unsettled

Shiny_Rock
Premium

I have a seven stone from white flash with 10 pointers. I Personally don't like the feeling of stones between my fingers. When I got it,I thought it was too much. Now, I think one days will do a band with 30 pointers! I wear a size 7.5 and have longer fingers. So if you can swing it, I would for sure get the 15 pointers.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I wear size 6.5 down from a size 8. I had a 10 pointer eternity I just sold, and I never wore it. It wasn't blingy enough for me. I wear a 2.75ctw with 11 stones 3/4 eternity and I feel that size is perfect. Go as large as you can. I'd rec to even not do a full eternity for flexibility in resizing as well as putting more $ into larger stones.

On my size 7.5-8 middle finger :

_1382.jpeg

NuiX

Rough_Rock

ringsearching|1451956480|3970726 said:
Gee! The first ring is beautiful! And i did not find it bulky at all! I agree that the recent order isnt the same. The ring mold being differnet is crazy as the cast is not custom! Do they have any explanation for why this is ocurring?

Vera seems to think that the problem is mostly in communication. I can't tell if it's because she thinks I'm being unclear or if she thinks that the production team isn't understanding my comments that she passes on, so I'll be very explicit on the next round. I do not doubt that Vera will help me get the ring that I want and she has said that WhiteFlash is going to cover the cost of redoing the piece fully-custom since it should have been estimated that way from the beginning. I will say that when I'm frustrated I can adopt a very biting tone over text and Vera always graciously responds to my bluntness. Like I said before, though, if you use WhiteFlash know that you will get great stones and will need to have a very clear idea of what you want.

To answer your point size question, I really liked my 15 pointers and don't think I'd go any higher since I saw a lot of visual difference between 10 and 15 point eternities but not so much between 15 and 20 points. I felt like I got diminishing returns for my money going above 15 pointers. My original ring cost just under $7k and the remake is just under $6k. WhiteFlash always quotes based on current diamond and platinum pricing so your milage may vary with pricing.

pinkgem2522

Shiny_Rock

That ring is beautiful!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium

ringsearching|1451926716|3970439 said:
Hi all,

I think I decided to put my pear ring re-set on hold and go for an eternity for my right hand for my 20th anniversary project. I think I like u prong best because of the side view, and it will be for the right hand so it will not need to sit with any other ring.

how does idj's best quality- ideal cut, compare to white flash and brian gavin heart and arrowa? and is there any height, comfort or quality difference in the actual setting between idj, white flash and brain gavin?

also does anyone think it is worth getting a quote for 12 pointers? or should I just go for 10 point (standard for white flash Annette) or 15 pt price comparisons?

I think I will do white gold to save money somewhere.

any pictures or info any of you took into account when making the decision?

That is pretty much exactly what I'm doing too. I'm putting my pear reset on hold and having Yekutiel make me a U-prong eleven stone band of fifteen pointers. Just ask Yekutiel for "Pricescoope quality". I think I bugged him enough years ago to force them to use better than average stones for us. I've had pieces made by them before (10 or 11 projects I think), and I've been happy with the results and that's good for someone who my husband calls a "detail oriented PITA". LOL!

The only difference in their stock style with mine is- I have two shared prong bands already. Now I like four micro prongs per stone and that's what he's making me. I believe it's more secure. I'm going with white gold too over platinum to save money. There's no visible difference.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium

madelise|1451968146|3970820 said:
I wear size 6.5 down from a size 8. I had a 10 pointer eternity I just sold, and I never wore it. It wasn't blingy enough for me. I wear a 2.75ctw with 11 stones 3/4 eternity and I feel that size is perfect. Go as large as you can. I'd rec to even not do a full eternity for flexibility in resizing as well as putting more $ into larger stones.

On my size 7.5-8 middle finger :

We need a giant "like" button!!

ringsearching

Rough_Rock

sounds like 15 points will be a good point size!

gemgirl- you also had a pear reset project on your mind? it is so hard to decide what to do first?

madelise- I would love to have that finger problem!!! one of my issues with deciding whether to get an eternity or not is that I am a size 8 but a lot heavier than I used to be and I really want to make this year my loosing weight year, which is likely to make my ring size smaller. but I don't know if I want to wait because a 20th anniversary is such a perfect opportunity for a large gift .if I did do a u prong and need to reset the stones because of decent finger shrinkage, is that likely to be over 1,000? anyone know? I was also thinking to do a half eternity now and then maybe change it to a full eternity in a year if I loose weight. any opinions?

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium

ringsearching|1452138197|3971999 said:

gemgirl- you also had a pear reset project on your mind? it is so hard to decide what to do first?

madelise- I would love to have that finger problem!!! one of my issues with deciding whether to get an eternity or not is that I am a size 8 but a lot heavier than I used to be and I really want to make this year my loosing weight year, which is likely to make my ring size smaller. but I don't know if I want to wait because a 20th anniversary is such a perfect opportunity for a large gift .if I did do a u prong and need to reset the stones because of decent finger shrinkage, is that likely to be over 1,000? anyone know? I was also thinking to do a half eternity now and then maybe change it to a full eternity in a year if I loose weight. any opinions?

Yes, knowing this now I urge you VERY strongly to not go with a full eternity. Some people never gain/lose weight. Others do, but their fingers don't change size. It sounds like you're like me; our fingers change size easily. Go with a 3/4 eternity. It'll give you space to resize it up or down by a size or two. You want flexibility.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium

ringsearching|1452138197|3971999 said:

Yes, I was absolutely going to reset my pear, which is my real wedding set, next. I reset my round into a halo, had Yekutiel make me nine stone band of 8.5 pointers, bought a plain WG wedding band and a hand engraved band to mix and match with the halo. Next on my list was my pear that is still in yellow gold and has a wedding band on either side. I haven't found "the one" yet when searching for remounts, so I'm buying the larger stone band to commemorate our vow renewal. Y's also setting my cushion cut Tanzi into a pendant finally. I'll get around to the pear at some point.

Just my opinion, but I have a seven stone band from Fortunoff that I love that has ten pointers in it. Go for the fifteens. You won't be sorry. Believe me, I wish I could do .20s or .25s. LOL!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Huge mistake to get an eternity if you think your weight will change. Why not go for a 5 stone with 30 (or more) pointers? I personally like eternities as a wedding band (smaller stones like 10 points or smaller for wear with an e-ring and larger, 15+, for a stand alone band). If you are right handed, I would be afraid at the wear and tear a full eternity would get on the palm side of the hand. With any size fingers, I think a 5 stone would give a MUCH bigger impact because all anyone can see is the top of the finger. There are many threads with beautiful 5 stone rings. I think the most recent is LLJsmom. But regardless, it will be very costly to reset an eternity with weight changes.

I don't think diamond quality will be the same if you go with anyone outside of a H&A dealer. They are going to source excellent cuts as their best quality and it is not going to be as perfect as H&A. I am not sure the difference would be detectable in 10 pointers (as I have had a band with 10 pointers by Memoire and they were fine). I would absolutely want the WF ACA stones in a 5 stone ring or even a 15 pointer band, though.

NuiX, wow, your first band was amazing! I am pretty surprised to see the difference in the setting they are using now. That last version has prongs that are :-o . There must have been changes in their bench people.

mjg

Rough_Rock

diamondseeker2006|1452264604|3972616 said:
Huge mistake to get an eternity if you think your weight will change. Why not go for a 5 stone with 30 (or more) pointers?

I am similarly looking at bands, and I have to jump in and ask, is a 3/4 eternity a fine choice for someone expecting weight/finger size change? Or does resizing a 3/4 eternity disrupt the integrity of the ring?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

mjg|1452289704|3972883 said:
Huge mistake to get an eternity if you think your weight will change. Why not go for a 5 stone with 30 (or more) pointers?

I am similarly looking at bands, and I have to jump in and ask, is a 3/4 eternity a fine choice for someone expecting weight/finger size change? Or does resizing a 3/4 eternity disrupt the integrity of the ring?

I think it has a greater chance of being sized, but my own experience resizing a band with just diamonds across the top resulted in loose stones. But the real answer to your question is, it may depend on the style of setting chosen, and you'd have to ask the jeweler if it would be safe to resize. I think diamonds across the top (like a 7 or 9 stone) would be safer to resize than a 3/4, though.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium

mjg|1452289704|3972883 said:

You can always just go for the larger comfy size you think you'd need, and add sizing bumps to make it smaller. Luckily, most humans' fingers under normal circumstances don't really change more than +/- 2 sizes. I know no matter how skinny (HA!) I get, I can't get smaller than a 6... And at my heaviest I was a 8.5. And I really fluctuate in weight easily.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results