shape
carat
color
clarity

U-prong eternity band questions

callalily

Rough_Rock
I'm so glad I found Pricescope - I'm completely thrilled with my WF diamond in my engagement ring :D Now I'm looking at getting an eternity wedding band from either BGD or WF, and I'm pretty set on a u-prong setting. I just wanted to ask for some advice on a couple of things:

My solitaire engagement ring has an I-coloured diamond in it - do you think I should go with F/G or H/I in the eternity band?
What about clarity? Is it worth spending the extra for VS, and is there a visibly noticeable difference between that and SI in diamonds of that size? Is it even necessary to ask if they're eye clean?

I've gotten quotes that puzzle me a little - my ring size is J 1/2 in NZ, so I think that is a US size 5. In the quotes I've gotten, some suggest the ring would take 21 .10ct diamonds, and some say 20. Some say the diameter of .10cts are 3.2mm, others say 3.4mm. Is there really that much variation? I'm slightly paranoid that the sizing would be off in some way?

I'd really appreciate any feedback you had on these questions :D

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
callalily|1316136200|3018586 said:
I'm so glad I found Pricescope - I'm completely thrilled with my WF diamond in my engagement ring :D Now I'm looking at getting an eternity wedding band from either BGD or WF, and I'm pretty set on a u-prong setting. I just wanted to ask for some advice on a couple of things:

My solitaire engagement ring has an I-coloured diamond in it - do you think I should go with F/G or H/I in the eternity band?
What about clarity? Is it worth spending the extra for VS, and is there a visibly noticeable difference between that and SI in diamonds of that size? Is it even necessary to ask if they're eye clean?

I've gotten quotes that puzzle me a little - my ring size is J 1/2 in NZ, so I think that is a US size 5. In the quotes I've gotten, some suggest the ring would take 21 .10ct diamonds, and some say 20. Some say the diameter of .10cts are 3.2mm, others say 3.4mm. Is there really that much variation? I'm slightly paranoid that the sizing would be off in some way?

I'd really appreciate any feedback you had on these questions :D

The sizing variation is weird. I'd just contact the vendors and ask them to clarity. The number of diamonds could be because of the differences in the settings. Maybe there's more metal with one or something? Again, I'd ask.

As for VS versus SI... personally I have a beautiful band in G SI BGD signature diamonds. I think you will be perfectly happy with SI and I don't see the point of VS unless it's a mindclean issue for you or something. As for color. I'd go with H/I colored stones instead of F/G if you plan to wear it on the same finger as your I diamond. But if you aren't planning on wearing them side by side... do whatever you want!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results