shape
carat
color
clarity

U prong eternities?

DiamondsNPearls

Brilliant_Rock
Thoughts? Here is my u prong asscher eternity weighing in at 2ctw image_1088.jpg image_936.jpg image_935.jpg

I thought about switching it for this eternity setting 371000pdc-boodles-rbc-full-eternity-ring-2_1.jpg

What are your thoughts? image_933.jpg

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always loved my 5ct asscher in a u-prong, I have it for consignment now but if I were to keep it I would have eventually re-set into bezels as opposed to another pronged ring.

Similar to this ring by CVB but without the little prongs.

cvbexeter.jpg

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thoughts? Here is my u prong asscher eternity weighing in at 2ctw image_1088.jpg image_936.jpg image_935.jpg

I thought about switching it for this eternity setting 371000pdc-boodles-rbc-full-eternity-ring-2_1.jpg

What are your thoughts? image_933.jpg
:kiss: Quite honestly, the second band style is not easy to keep clean, but it's a great ring!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it the way it is. I have a U-prong and really like it. I like it better than basket set.
What are your concerns with the way it is?

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
U prongs are beautiful. I was referring to the second choice...the baskets are not always easy to keep clean. I love the u prong design. It all depends on what you're looking for, and how much maintenance you are willing to put into it. Either style is gorgeous. I, personally, love the u prong style.
:D

flash_and_fire

Rough_Rock
I agree with matthews1127 about it being hard to keep clean. I recently bought a u prong asscher 3/4 eternity although I like the look of more metal with the basket setting. I'm planning on taking pics and will post mine soon. Whatever you decide, it'll be beautiful! Good luck!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love step cut diamonds. They are the true loves of my life. Selecting a setting that allows the diamonds to give off their internal beauty is key, as step cut stones notoriously have fewer facets, and do not give off as much "firey" brilliance; they are more "pillars of light" or "houses of mirrors". Asschers are timeless, and sophisticated. In their case, less is more, and showing as much of their natural beauty is essential in allowing them to sparkle at every angle; hiding them in metal is sinful. Step cuts can appear "dingy" in comparison to brilliant cuts. Baskets only make step cut stones work harder to shine; continuous maintenance is a prerequisite. U prong, 4 prong, and shared prong settings are best, when showcasing a step cut stone. Every angle of that diamond should be exposed to let her show her true stuff!! ;-)
Flash_and_fire, I can't wait to see photos of your eternity Asscher band. I am in the beginning, brainstorming stages of creating my own anniversary band, showcasing Asscher Cut diamonds. My husband promised me the ring of my own creation that will represent our blended family, and the love that brought us together. I can't wait to make it!
I enjoy sharing my love of diamonds, and jewelry; we are all kindred spirits! :D

FeFeV

Shiny_Rock
I have a U prong, double row, 3/4 eternity (lots of pics in my forum thread) and I too struggled with the setting choice while designing this ring. I am ecstatic that I chose the U prong setting because the windows let in the most light so the diamonds can have the most sparkle performance... I do clean my ring frequently (which is tedious) but I wouldn't change the setting for anything, except maybe heart shaped U's.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results