shape
carat
color
clarity

Tycoon Cut Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Linda Altman

Rough_Rock
I would appreciate it if you could tell me
if the depth % table % I see for Class 2A
Emerald Cut Diamonds would also apply for the
Tycoon Cut?Would like any info concerning the quality,
etc. of these diamonds and is there only one
supplier (i.e.Tycoon)?Thank you
LA------------------
LA

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The chart gives how they cut the stone. Who knows what the "best" way to make that stone is in terms of briiliancy? We know that financially, the way they cut the stone comes out for them and probably it does look very good. No one knows where the maximization of brilliancy lies with this kind of different cut.I will say the depths tend to be pretty nice rather than way too deep as they more typically are in Princess cuts. I have seen several Criss Cuts and saw they were not deep stones and looked very nice, This may be the same.Tables are more typical of emerald cut stones, a bit broad, but a good part of the table is not as open as emerald cut because the table is not shaped the same and much smaller in surface area overall...Lots of luck with the purchase if you proceed.------------------
David Atlas
Accredited Gem Appraisers

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I can't tell you that I know what a Tycoon cut is. Nearly all special cut diamonds suffer from being overly deep. This is excused by the particular design of the cut and said to enhance the brilliancy, etc. However, the truth may be elsewhere. I think many of these overly deep styles are gaining valuable extra weight and it is much more marketing than science.I could tell you more if I knew specifically about this cut. It may be a good one and I would not want to diminish its importance out of ignorance..------------------
David Atlas
Accredited Gem Appraisers

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I looked at the site but can't tell what the proportions. It is a nice site but not heavy with facts and data. I suggest you actually find an AGS member store somewhere and take a look at the stone.. It may be wonderful, but I don't know.

Linda Altman

Rough_Rock
Mr. Atlas,
www.tycoonjewels.com I saw pic in a magazine called "Professional
Jeweler", then I went to their website.When I mentioned "Chris cut" diamonds to a jeweler, he said they were "tycoon cut".
On their website it looks like it is a new
cut presented last August to GIA.Thank you,Linda

Linda Altman

Rough_Rock
Hello,I thank you for your time. After studying the emerald cut diamonds, we decided on the tycoon cut. I very happy, its outstanding.
Linda

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi Linda
smile.gif
Congratulations! Glad to hear you like it!Do you have a picture? We could post it here.Did you buy from online or local vendor?

Linda Altman

Rough_Rock
Sorry, no I do not have a pic of this diamond. Guess that will have to add that to my "to do" list. No, did not buy it online.
Linda

Beth Marie

Rough_Rock
Hi,

We are considering buying a Tycoon cut (having always loved Emerald cut, but wanted a bit more life in the stone)....are you still happy with your choice?

Thank you, BM
:twirl:

big12bus

Rough_Rock
tell me more about the tycoon cut. I saw it in a postcard and want it is it deep or wider. because it is new is it priced out of line?

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
When I went to a nice store in Key West, FL, I tried on a 1 1/2 carat tycoon cut stone in a ring. If I wasn't such a brilliant-cut fan, that's the one I would have picked. It was just stunning! Seemed to carry the weight well, too. I liked how it seemed to have more oomph than just an emerald-cut (even I think those are very nice, just more understated in appearance).

If you get one, please post pics! Enjoy shopping.
10.gif

rhondawr

Rough_Rock
My husband and I purchased a tycoon cut diamond approx 6 months ago from a store in Addison TX (which is North Dallas) and I am simply in love with it. We studied all that depth and cut and found that it was better cut than emerald (most of the Tycoons were approx 67% depth) and the salesperson told us that using the Sarin machine that the diamond returned more white light than many of the other cuts. I know they are the only store in Texas that carries it. I got a ring that not very many people have or have even seem and I get tons of compliments on it. My husband likes that part! I will be happy to write anyone if you have more questions, Rhonda

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results