shape
carat
color
clarity

Tybee''s Wedding in St. John

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Okay Ya''ll,
Sorry that I am so late in posting. I hope to add more pics as they come in from friends and family. I am not supposed to get my professional proofs for a MONTH! That seems like soo so so so long!

Well, it was beautiful. It was really beautiful. It was everything that we wanted it to be, and HIGHLY personal, despite the fact that there were so many people there!

As many of you know, I was absolutely NOT sleeping or eating before leaving. I always thought I''d be such a zen bride, but not me. As soon as we got to the airport in St. Thomas, though, things started to feel real, and great. With my first rum punch I started to relax.

Here''s my beautiful dress at the airport... waiting waiting waiting...

dressairport.jpg

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
We stayed in St. Thomas a couple of days, just my FI (now husband!) and I. We needed to stay there to get our marriage license. It was nice to be there away from the friends family and guests... but we were eager to get to St. John and get this thing going! This is after we got our liscence.

marriagelicest.jpg

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Friends and family started to arrive. There was a welcome party at a villa on Saturday night hosted by our dear friends who were staying there. (no pics of that yet.) I had a wee too much to drink and didn''t feel so rosey for the rehearsal the next day.

The rehearsal was maybe the hardest part. My husband''s dear brother married us, and we had written our own vows and letters of intent to each other. He told us to read just the first and last lines. I couldn''t get through mine! Started sobbing!! It was tough! But with the rehearsal behind us... we were ready to roll.

After rehearsing, our great friends joined us on the beach for drinks and fun.

That night we had our rehearsal dinner. I was still a bit nervous.

The next day--- our wedding day--- was quite possibly the best day. We decided to forgo all tradition and stay with each other. WE woke up super early, had a wonderful breakfast, then went snorkeling. We saw sea turtles, squid, and thousands of beautiful fish. We also snorkeled past our wedding site and saw them preparing it.
It was strangely zen and relaxing! I had stressed out for so long... then was so relaxed on our wedding day.

After a quick jog, we went our separate ways to prepare. My bridesmaids and step mother met me, and there was tons of food to snack on as we prepared. Who says that brides don''t eat on their wedding day?
36.gif

Here''s a picture of the wedding site before we were all there.

wedsitest.jpg

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Our ceremony was really really personal. Neither of us is very religious, so our readings weren''t from the bible. We chose a reading from Robert Fulghum on marriage, and one from the little prince. My brother got up to do a reading in honor of my mother who had passed away. Here he is... I am holding back the tears. There wasn''t a dry eye there.

ceremony3.jpg

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
The next two are the only ceremony pics that I have so far... sorry! I will post more when they arrive!

Tybceremony.jpg

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
another

ceremony2.jpg

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
I swear that there are some of my face out there!!!!
Yes, I did my own hair and make-up--- I look strangely like I look everyday! I guess I didn''t want to go to my wedding looking like someone different.

Here are our rings...

OurRingsJuly17.jpg

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Okay, I''ve been waiting for you to finish posting before I replied so all your pictures would be together but I can''t wait any longer! WOW!!!! Everything looks soooo beautiful and you two look soooo happy and I''m so glad it all worked out perfectly!!!!!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
I can''t WAIT for more pictures!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Albi,
I can''t wait for more pictures either! I''m currently emailing my friends, and forcing husband to scan some film shots. I''m having a bit of "post-amazing trip" let down... boo hoo, I need a rum punch! Here''s a picture of a cocktail cruise we took during the honeymoon. Ahhhhh, look at that sunset!

sunsetcocktailcaneel.jpg

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Yes,
Beware of writing your own vows!!! We both cried through ours, but so did our guests and attendants! Even my brother-in-law cried through his part of the service.
I practiced the heck out of my after sobbing through the rehearsal, but husband almost couldn''t make it through his! We''re such saps!

But everyone said that it was so personal and beautiful. I wouldn''t have changed a thing!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Oooooh, Tybee, I''ve been waiting for your photos! I''m so glad it all went so well. Everything looks amazing but we definitely need a million more pictures!!! Congratulations!!
36.gif

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Awww, that sounds amazing!!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

And yeah, I know I''m going to cry like crazy no matter what! I already got made fun of yesterday for crying during the My Fair Brady wedding!
20.gif
And I don''t even CARE about them!!!!

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
lol,
a million more to come---The ones that my darling husband is scanning show the bridal party, etc...

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Albi,
I would start sobbing when I was out jogging and my ipod would shuffle to our first dance song (For Once in my Life, by Stevie Wonder.) It gets worse the closer you get!

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/24/2006 3:54:50 PM
Author: Tybee
Albi,

I would start sobbing when I was out jogging and my ipod would shuffle to our first dance song (For Once in my Life, by Stevie Wonder.) It gets worse the closer you get!

Haha, I already cry when my processional song comes on my ipod!
9.gif
It''s all good though, I just have to keep reminding my fiance it''s HAPPY crying so he doesn''t freak out!
3.gif

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, I''ve got more! I really should have waited until I had them all together~~~
These just came in from friends, family, and husband.

Here''s the group that threw our welcome party in their rented villa in St. John. I was so happy to see them all!
Yup, this is probably in the midst of me getting pretty sauced. At least I over did it this night, and not the rehearsal dinner night!

partytennisvilla.jpg

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Here we are at the rehearsal dinner! It was a really fun Caribbean restaurant. Please note the HUGE fruity drinks. Rum costs less than water down there!!

reh dinner.jpg

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
MORE! MORE!!! Must see more! Everything looks AmAZING!!! I love reading your story!!

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Here are my amazing bridesmaids. I love them all. I asked them to choose a dress that they liked in any shade of blue. At the last minute I started to worry that it wouldn''t work out, but I think they look pretty good! Phew...

bluebridesmaids!!!.jpg

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
I love you MelissaSue!
Oh, that one came out really small... wonder why...
Here is the bridal party.
The guys wore tan pants and white shirts. We all wore flip flops.
This pic is strange because it''s on a hill.
It also looks a little off balance because there are more groomsmen than bridesmaids!

allofus!!!.jpg

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s a close up of my bouquet...

bouquetst.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
how cute are you guys tybee!! congratulations!!! your pictures are fabulous...

it''s so funny, i am REALLY NOT an emotional person AT ALL...but the last few weeks up to the wedding i would hear these songs on the radio, like just sappy love songs i''d always liked and i would totally start crying! it gets pretty scary.

oh and day of the wedding...i forgot my vows and started bawling at the altar. greg was sooooo shocked. i mean literally i really NEVER cry. it was kind of funny when you look back on it....i bet you have the best memories. we still daydream about our wedding and honeymoon. oh the life!!!

congrats!!

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s a kiss that we stole between pictures. I love my husband!

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Mara!
It really was so wonderful. I''m getting teary posting these! That kiss pic was too big. Let me try again...

kiss300.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Amazing pictures!! You guys look so happy and wonderful I might add...I''d love to see more pics....

cheers--Sharon

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Here are the parents!
My daddy is the cute little one with the moustache. I tower over him and I''m 5''4"!!! My wonderful stepmother (who did my nails!) is next to him.

parents!.jpg

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
AAAAAAHHHHHHHH THAT LAST ONE IS SOOOOOOO BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
You look soooo in love!!!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
And that sunset (& dress!) are phenomenal!!!!!!

ETA: I'm so slow! I meant the one of your stolen kiss! But your bridal party & family are gorgeous too!
9.gif

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Truly picture-perfect, Tybee!! Congratulations!!
36.gif

ETA: I WANT YOUR DRESS! I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT!! It's beyond gorgeous!

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Drat, that''s tiny too!

Oh well, must carry on. Here we are, finally done and ready to head to the party!

post wedding.jpg

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Our arrival at the cocktail reception. There are no pictures that do this place justice! It''s at the ruins of an old sugar mill plantation. There were torches lit everywhere! So fun, steal pan playing, friends lingering! Oh... to be back there!!!!

arrivalatcocktail~!.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results