shape
carat
color
clarity

Two-thousand-year-old earrings--mystery solved!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
The spot with the glue.

romaneargl4.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s incredible! You make the best finds.
36.gif

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, Michelle.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW that''s a really interesting solution to the mystery. I''m so glad that you found an answer. And of course that you have such a neat part of history.

Congrats!!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Aw, thank you, Stone Hunter!

lulu

Ideal_Rock
I keep coming back to look at these. It''s amazing to think that a woman, who was obviously wealthy, wore those 2000 years ago and they are still intact and beautiful.

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
OMG, how on earth did I miss this?!? That is absolutely amazing, such an incredible and unique piece of history! I so so glad for you (and just a tiiiny bit jealous! lol I''m a sucker for anything old and have always loved history.) Great find, glitterata!
36.gif

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, Lulu and AdiS. I wish I had a magic wand that could make the earrings speak and tell their story. Who wore them first, and what did she think when she wore them? How did they make their way to the seller''s ancestress?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW!
This is the most cool thing ever.

Just imagine if they could speak and tell you about each owner.
What a treasure!
Congratulations!!!!!!!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, Kenny!

I know, don''t you wish you had a magic wand that would make things talk and tell you their history?

I have a feeling these earrings were buried with the original owner and unearthed sometime in the 19th century, rather than passed down over the centuries. I don''t have any evidence for that hunch, but all the other similar earrings I''ve seen online, in museums and such, were found at archeological sites.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results