shape
carat
color
clarity

Two things! How to wear my diamond now that I’m separated and my Tiffany earring find!!

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
hi lovely PS’ers!
Well some of you may know but I have officially been separated from my husband for 9 months. It’s been a rollercoaster and I’ve learning more about myself every day.

Some of you may remember my gorgeous upgrade about 20 months ago, a 2.01 antique pear set by Victor Canera..

This ring is everything I ever dreamed off and being my third e-ring I don’t hold sentimental value to it nor do I associate it with my ex.

My question is, I cannot bring myself to sell it, i know I’ll never be able to replace it and it’s unique and just utterly amazing. So..... what do I do? Wear it on my right hand? Wear it on my left hand anyway? A pendant isn’t going to happen after spending $6k on the setting alone :???:! Would love your ideas and opinions.

Secondly, I’ve eyed the Tiffany Victoria earrings off for ages! I considered having a replica pair made but it proved too tricky with finding 8 exact marquise with no bow ties etc.... anyway, I always wanted the .64 size but a friend of a friend is selling her .19 mini studs for $2500. She was gifted them but they’re not her style... so do I take advantage or wait out to find the .64? I want to wear yheee every day, in the shower, playing with kids, exercising. I wonder if the .19 are better suited to everyday wear and if the .64 are a little too flashy? Just after ideas.

Thanks lovelies!!! _39083.jpg IMG_3751.JPG

BlingObsession

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Pear Ring :
1. You will never be able to replace it if you sell it;
2. You love it; and
3. You have no emotional "engagement" attachment to it sooooo....

I say "Rock that ring on your right hand" or give it to me.....:Up_to_something::Up_to_something::Up_to_something::Up_to_something::Up_to_something:

Tiffany earrings - I think both sizes are lovely and both are very wearable for everyday but it depends on what you are comfortable with. Have you tried both sizes on in Tiffany? That would be my recommendation. Only then can you decide what you love. Let us know how you go.

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Pear Ring :
2. You love it; and

I say "Rock that ring on your right hand" or give it to me.....:Up_to_something::Up_to_something::Up_to_something::Up_to_something::Up_to_something:

Tiffany earrings - I think both sizes are lovely and both are very wearable for everyday but it depends on what you are comfortable with. Have you tried both sizes on in Tiffany? That would be my recommendation. Only then can you decide what you love. Let us know how you go.

Ok I’ll dig it out of my safe tomorrow and see how it feels!

I have tried both sizes on at Tiffany’s but cannot for the life of me decide!! First world problem I know :)

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wear it on your right hand, it's tooooo beautiful to sell.

BlingObsession

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Do Tiffany give refunds? If so, you could buy both and try them at home....

I don't think they do though - credit only maybe?

If you didn't have the option to buy the smaller pair at a discounted price, would you have been planning on buying the larger pair? What I mean is, has the option for the discounted smaller pair thrown your logical brain into "bargain" mode?

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Do Tiffany give refunds? If so, you could buy both and try them at home....

I don't think they do though - credit only maybe?

If you didn't have the option to buy the smaller pair at a discounted price, would you have been planning on buying the larger pair? What I mean is, has the option for the discounted smaller pair thrown your logical brain into "bargain" mode?

I don’t think they have returns outside of a certain period, but good thinking I’ll check that out!

My brain is certainly thinking bargain! But I need to make sure the size is perfect. I’ll pop into Tiffany’s tomorrow and try both and post pics and you amazing ladies can guide me!

BlingObsession

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Well, there is quite a difference between the bargain price of the small pair and the full price of the larger pair so you could buy the bargain small pair and bling funds left over for another project....

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lauren, you love the ring and since you don't have any emotional attachment to it, I think you should wear and enjoy it on your right hand!

As for the earrings, I dunno - .19 is for 8 stones, right? I'm thinking that might be a tad small but it's hard for me to picture them so yes, it would be really helpful to see them on your ears.

Sending good thoughts to you, I'm sure these past 9 months have been difficult and I hope you're doing ok. (((Hugs)))

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, definitely rock your gorgeous pear!!!

As to the Tiffany earrings: I believe those are pieces that can't really be replicated. As you said: the 8 matching marquises are one thing, and then the setting is another story.

I also think you need to try both sizes. Coverage is pretty good with those earrings due to the design, but obviously depends on your earlobes.
If you find the minis too small, there are 0.64 ctw ones from time to time at trustworthy resellers (1stdibs, oakgem). Those are also around 30%off retail. So while it's nice to buy from your friend and know they are authentic, I think you could also get the bigger size at around the same discount.
(I'm sure the folks on RT will LOVE to hunt down a pair for you)

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
4CAB82F9-3CDE-4BCD-B952-EDA8F7A90756.jpeg
Lauren, you love the ring and since you don't have any emotional attachment to it, I think you should wear and enjoy it on your right hand!

As for the earrings, I dunno - .19 is for 8 stones, right? I'm thinking that might be a tad small but it's hard for me to picture them so yes, it would be really helpful to see them on your ears.

Sending good thoughts to you, I'm sure these past 9 months have been difficult and I hope you're doing ok. (((Hugs)))

Thank you Junebug! It’s been harrowing but every stage confirms it was the best decision. I have happy confident content children and whilst we have ups and downs I know without a shadow of a doubt that my daughters will learn how men should treat women and my son will learn how to treat women. I’m totally exhausted but happy.

Attached are the Tiffany pics I’ve just joined Together so you can see the two sizes.... :)

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending you lots of dust (and rest). You deserve your dream bling!

I personally prefer the bigger size. JMHO . But I also have to warn you: those sparkle like crazy and really pack a punch. A friend of mine has them and I got scolded by her because I don't look into her eyes during our conversations, just at her ears when she's wearing those.
If you have very small lobes/ live in an area with hardly any bling/ are generally self conscious about bling the minis might be better suited.

(In that case I'd additionally help you out by babysitting your pear for you:lol:)

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pear Ring :
2. You love it; and

+1...that ring would look killer on your right hand middle finger imho. best wishes to you and your kids in such a difficult time. if the ring makes you happy by all means keep wearing it.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
4CAB82F9-3CDE-4BCD-B952-EDA8F7A90756.jpeg

Thank you Junebug! It’s been harrowing but every stage confirms it was the best decision. I have happy confident content children and whilst we have ups and downs I know without a shadow of a doubt that my daughters will learn how men should treat women and my son will learn how to treat women. I’m totally exhausted but happy.

Attached are the Tiffany pics I’ve just joined Together so you can see the two sizes.... :)

Ah thanks for the pics Lauren, very helpful! This is tough, they're both so pretty lol - I think I'm leaning towards the larger ones, I think they just have a bit more presence...but otoh you know your friend's are geniune and the smaller ones might be a good size for everyday wear, - gee, I'm no help whatsover :roll2: It comes down to how you feel about them I guess - I'm sure the smaller ones will look beautiful on you, if you love how they look I say go for it!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@laurenk, I am sorry for what you have been going through but glad you are doing so well and yes keep that gorgeous pear and wear it proudly! I would choose the middle (haha) finger as a big here I am and I am good! ring and I would choose the larger studs. Though they are both blingtastic and you cannot go wrong with either choice. Just depends on your preference really. Wishing you all the best and sending hugs your way. You go girl!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your pear and if you do not have any icky feelings attached to it when you look at it then wear it on your right hand. You love it and you should be able to look at it. I like the bigger earrings as well and they make such a statement. Best to you through this difficult journey.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring is a no-brainer. Make a tiara. (just joshin' - rhr, of course!)

Re the earrings - I think mock ups are often misleading. They make whatever you're pointing out the center of the photo, making that object appear larger and more noticeable. But in real life, tiny earrings have to compete with faces, hair, other features, that jaunty scarf you decided to wear that day, the...oh, look! Shiny!...and all that type of thing.

Get the larger ones.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you have small earlobes and don't have space for medium size, go for minis. Otherwise, I'd pass on the bargain and hold off for more ctw.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rock that gorgeous ring, who cares what sentiments people who don’t know you might ascribe to it!! :cool2::love::mrgreen2:

I’m partial to the larger earring size in the site modelling image, but if you have smaller lobes the minis would be adorable :kiss2: so I realise I’m not much help!

Given that you have a trusted source for an authentic pre-loved mini pair at a good pricepoint now... I’d probably go for it, TBH. Since you’re buying them pre-loved you won’t swallow the depreciation inevitable with buying new - you can always sell and purchase the bigger pair down the road if you decide you’d rather the larger size. Just my 2c ::)

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
99.9% of other people do not know or care about our jewelry :lol-2::mrgreen2: they are too busy obsessing over their own circumstances in life. Do what *you* want to! I love your ring and I'd wear it on my RH in a hot minute!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wear the ring, it's stunning. For the earrings, it would depend on your everyday comfort level. I would probably get the smaller ones.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I have the large ones and I love them. They are set beautifully which lends to their attraction. They get noticed. I have smaller lobes and they are a substantial.

Can't loose with either.

cheers--Sharon

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry you're going through the stress and everything else that comes along with a separation and being a single parent. As a divorced Mom of two amazing (now adult) children, I completely understand your words about it being the right move and teaching your children how to be treated and how to treat others. Exactly my thoughts when I ended my marriage.

Keep and wear your gorgeous diamond! Wear it on whatever finger, whatever hand you choose!
Initially, I was uncomfortable being in public with my kids and having a 'naked' ring finger. The horror! :lol-2: I then realized that strangers at the grocery store just care about getting home and getting on with life. Except PS'rs. They'll notice your stunning ring - but only its beauty! Have you ever seen a comment about which finger a ring was on - nope! - just its beauty. So, wear your ring on whatever finger you want.

Regarding the earrings, you said you couldn't decide when you tried the two sizes on at Tiffany. Obviously, the smaller weren't an automatic 'no'. Can you go back to Tiffany's and try both on again? Perhaps a second look might result in you having a preference. If not, its an opportunity for you to take photos of both sizes on your ears -'cause you know we love photos! :mrgreen2:

Wishing you and your children well.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds like you have been a real trooper to endure all that you have been through. Kudos to you and your children and best wishes for a bright future!

I would wear that pear ring every day! It is beautiful, brings your joy without reservation so enjoy it. As for the earrings, from the model's ears I would definitely say the larger pair. I don't know how much they retail for but getting them second hand would be wonderful!! They really look beautiful!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wear that stunning ring on whichever finger feels good to you. I have seen some beautiful pieces, but seldom notice which finger they are on... or that there even is a finger :lol-2: (The one exception may be if I am guessing married/not based on a wedding band but even then different cultures have different traditions so I never assume.)

The earrings are beautiful. I'd suggest try them both on again and get pictures of your ears but also full face. See which you like. Go from there.
If you like the small best, enjoy the great find.
If you like the larger best, you have a couple of options...
One option is that you are getting a pre-loved price so you could buy them and wear until you feel like selling them to upgrade.
Another is to just tuck the money into an account and hold off until you just purchase the large.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You might not be ready for this, but I made a middle finger/left hand ring out of the center stone of my engagement ring (see my profile pic). The process of resetting the stone into something so very very not engagement ring style was cathartic and empowering. I wear it almost every day now and it only makes me think happy thoughts.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd wear that ring on any finger you want! I personally only wear rings on my ring finger, and I wouldn't want to resize a ring with a pave shank much at all. So I guess I'd wear it on a finger that it fits!

I was thinking just the other day about what I'd do if my husband died before I did, and I think I'd still wear my diamonds on my left hand because I like it that way. I think you can do whatever you want!

I very much prefer the larger Victoria earrings. And I do think you could have them made if you don't want Tiffany second hand. Check with someone like David Klass.

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your ring is a classic, there is no way you should ever let it go! I also agree with azstonie, most people are too self absorbed to notice what others are wearing (even with big items like clothing). Anyone who notices will probably have damned good taste, and be more interested in talking daimond stats with you than anything else.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results