shape
carat
color
clarity

Two Stones..Which one is better?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

The Rock

Rough_Rock
Here are 2 stones that I am looking at.7.90-7.97 X 4.64 mm
G VS 1
Depth 58.5
Table 59
Girdle thin to medium
Culet none
Polish very good
Symmetry very good
Floures. none
Comments pinpoints are not shown$15,000Here is another one: SHAPE: ROUND
> MEASUREMENTS: 7.92 - 8.03 X 4.89MM
> WEIGHT: 1.89CT
> DEPTH: 61.3%
> TABLE: 60%
> GIRDLE: MEDIUM - SLIGHTLY THICK FACETED
> CULET: SMALL
> POLISH: GOOD
> SYMMETRY: GOOD
> FLUORESCENCE: NONE
> CLARITY :VS2
> COLOR:G
$16,000I do not have the crown or pavillion angles. I have seen both of the diamonds and they both look beautiful. What do you think? These are both B & M stores. I am still negotiating the price for the 2nd one which is $16,000. I am wondering which one is the better stone based up on what you see here. Both are GIA certified.Thanks
The Rock

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi The Rock,
smile.gif
The first stone is a bit shallow and as a result has better spread. It's diameter is almost the same as for the second one. If the first diamond is not a fisheye, I'd like it more - higher clarity grade and same diameter for less money.But this is just my personal preference based only on the data you posted.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Both could be great or could be terrible in ordianry light when they have a bit of soap and dirt on the pavilion.
Is a $20 investment in www.ideal-scope a good way to be sure about the cut?
I think so, .
without crown and pavilion angles I never buy a diamond without my Ideal-scope.
garry

The Rock

Rough_Rock
Thanks. I am waiting for the cert for one more. I will post it when I get the info. I will have it evaluated before I buy it. I have a pretty good eye and can see the flaws of a diamond. This is what drives me crazy. In the end...I think I will buy the diamond that looks best .

rodentman

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Please, no offense intended, but be very careful about what you see. I am not sure what you mean by "seeing the flaws" but if you mean seeing inclusions, feathers, crystals, etc through a microscope, OK. But how do they affect the stone's beauty? Also, I personally consider a poor cut a "flaw" since it detracts from the appearance through light loss. I don't know if anyone can "see" this without the proper equipment.I make these comments as a novoice who has only just begun to learn what to look for. It's similar to, say, high-end audio. You must know what to listen for to hear differences in amplifiers, cables, etc. The more perfect we want it to be, the more difficult it is to judge.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results