shape
carat
color
clarity

Two rocks to compare.

Deedeelu

Rough_Rock
Hi all, I am new and created this account to get a view from unbiased experts on two rocks I have shortlisted for my engagement ring. Price aside, which is the better diamond? GIA report numbers 2208010584 and 2216939945.

Please let me know if you guys require more info, thought it would be better to let you all view the full cert details directly from GIA.

Thanks in advance.

Deedeelu

Rough_Rock
To add on, I like the f vs2 that has a hca score in the TIC range but is it all bs? I am also concerned by the inclusions quite center of the table of this diamond.

Thanks again.

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think either stone is fine. But they will look slightly different as the lower half lengths are different. The F VS2 has 75% while the G VS1 has 80%. The arrow "size" is determined by the lower half length. The higher the %, the thinner the arrow. You can watch this instructional video made by GOG to get a better understanding and see if you have a preference between the two.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9FtRj_IG9Y&spfreload=10

Deedeelu

Rough_Rock
First off CareBear, thank you very much for the response. Yet as a complete diamond noob. I still cannot tell the difference when the jewellers tell me stuff. From your video I am led to believe that the longer Lower half length makes the diamond sparkle more? Yet in your msg you say the arrow is thinner. The bottom line is this. I am untrained. Most of my fiancé to be (hopefully) friends as well as herself will be equally untrained. I would like to know which diamond looks the best in most conditions. My title and initial query may have been a little misleading coz I was worried about the clarity of the vs2. But at the end of the day, I would like the diamond which looks best to everyday people like myself and her included, once set against a white gold simple 6 prong setting. Thanks again.

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You're welcome! I only got this technical because both stones you posted are within the PS preferred range. When both stones are acceptable, we can get start getting nit picky. I think generally 80% will look slightly brighter than 75%, but some folks here don't like the 'splintery' look the 80%. No one around you will ever be able to tell the difference. Both will be great performers! Clarity wise, IMO, neither are considered 'high' in their respective clarity grades. The VS1 has naturals which are surface a level inclusion. The VS2 has quite a lot plotted on the diagram. That said, they are both VS stones, you will probably never see the inclusions. The F will be ever so slightly whiter than the G, but most people can't tell the difference side by side even.

Do you have photos of the stones or ASET images?

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I cannot comment on either diamond as I am a trade-member.

As far as wanting any diamond to 'look better' you will find most people on PriceScope will ask if you can get light performance images (ASET or Ideal-Scope) which will tell you a terrific amount about light performance.

The numbers for any diamond are rounded averages of several measurements, so even two "identical" diamonds are not identical, though they could have the same numbers and color and clarity grade.

If possible get an ASET of any diamonds you are interested in and post it here for more advice.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results