shape
carat
color
clarity

Two Rings which one? Settings and Diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Roupey03

Rough_Rock

So I have two choices that fit under my budget of 2300

Ring 1:

18k White Gold Setting with Channel-Set Diamonds (1/8 ct. tw.)
http://www.bluenile.ca/product_details.asp?oid=4779&page=1&filter_id=1&col=1&row=1&pos=1&set_shape=
0.66-Carat Blue Nile Signature Round Diamond
This Ideal-cut, H-colour, and SI1-clarity
http://www.bluenile.ca/diamonds_details.asp?__fun_frm=i&pid=LD00918693&filter_id=0

Ring 2:

0.63 Carat F-SI1 Ideal- Cut Round Diamond
http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?cid=53&item=1007266
18kt White Gold Round Brilliant ''Bow-Tie'' Channel Diamond Engagement Ring
http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/settings-with-sidestones.asp?module=setting&cid=58&item=874

What are your thoughts?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the James Allen setting better and i'd try to get the stone and setting from the same place if possible..

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow...tough pick!
i''d probably go with jamesallen for the upgrade policy.
either way, both look very nice.

Roupey03

Rough_Rock
James Allens upgrade policy is where u can uprage only within 5 years correct?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would only go where you can upgrade.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2007 4:51:26 PM
Author: Roupey03
it''s changed a couple of times, so i am not sure what it is right now. but i also read a post from someone that said they talked to ja and they said they are in the process of making the policy better.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/25/2007 4:51:26 PM
I think it's they'll upgrade you for your purchase price within five years.

After five years, you never know where the diamond market is going to be. So they'll upgrade you after five years, but maybe not exactly for your purchase price.

jamiesorr

Shiny_Rock
I like the James Allen but it will be easier to find a wedding band that will sit flush and be able to stand alone with the Blue Nile. Both are good choices.

Roupey03

Rough_Rock
I sort of like the James Allen band better, but was worried it might look stupid because the wedding band wouldnt sit flush. Also are u going to see a size difference in the 2 diamonds really? Is one going to sparkle more then the other?

Right now its a 60/40 lean towards JA.

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Put in another vote for the James Allen setting. I like how the setting is similar to the Blue Nile one, but more unique. I also would get the stone and setting from the same place. And you won''t see a size difference, unless one is cut super shallow or something, which doesn''t seem to be the case.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Since they''re both so similar, I''d go for the BN setting since it allows a band to sit flush.

Roupey03

Rough_Rock
Is it really going to look bad if it doesnt sit flush? I am starting to lean towards JA. They have been very helpful as far as answering questions and customer service.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2007 9:55:55 PM

Is it really going to look bad if it doesnt sit flush?
that''s up to you. i don''t think it''s bad at all but some people are particular about it.
good cs goes a long way for me too.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks like it should sit flush to the wide points of the bow, it just has a hole.

Roupey03

Rough_Rock
So the Channel set wedding band from James allen would look good with this ring? Thats what I was kind of thinking.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2007 10:12:02 PM
So the Channel set wedding band from James allen would look good with this ring? Thats what I was kind of thinking.
I think they would look good together, but you''d really need to see them together to make sure. JA has a good return policy, so you could always try out the band with the setting later on.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the BN setting better.

grapegravity

Shiny_Rock
I like JA setting better, because the bow-tie effect... it is more appealing to me...

Roupey03

Rough_Rock
The Blue Nile had a 1.0 on the Cut Advisor. It also has the inclusion more near the outer edge of the diamond. A slightly bigger table.

The James Allen has a better color grade. It has a 0.9 on the cut advisor and I think the band is nicer.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results