shape
carat
color
clarity

Two rings vs one ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
I know this topic has been discussed, that it is OK to wear just one wedding/e-ring combo vs separate wedding and e-rings. But I wanted to ask how long it should take to get used to wearing two rings?

I wore a stand alone ring for almost 6 years. I never liked the setting so I set out to find a new set. Plus, I was kind of tired of people asking me if I was just engaged. It wasn''t that big of a deal looking back, but at the time I was tired of hearing about it.

So, I bought an eternity band and a new solitaire. I bought the band in May and got this latest solitaire in July.

I like the look of both together but hate the way it feels on my finger. I think they spend more time on my little ring box than anywhere else. The eternity band is totally bugging me. It scratches the bottom of my hand and is not the easiest to keep clean.

Everyone keeps telling me that I''m thinking too much about it and that''s why it keeps bugging me.

Has anyone gone back to just wearing one ring? I am considering trading in my 5 stone band toward a Scott Kay set. I''m concerned however that I won''t get used to wearing that set also. I did see a SK ring that to me looks like a stand alone ring that I really like. Am I just a complete dork?

Here''s the semi mount of the set:

16411019_x234.jpg

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s the stand alone ring. My family thinks I have completely lost it.
19.gif

16324428_x234.jpg

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
my new E-Ring mounting was made much wider (by the basket and the side stones were twice the size they were supposed to be) than designed and thus my wedding band really doesnt work. Since i couldnt afford to get a new wedding band i started where my ER alone......................everyone asked if i was engaged........was i getting remarried (I have a little boy)..............so i just wear my old band for now but NO i dont like the ER alone

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Both rings are beautiful :) Please clarify which one you are currently wearing with a band.

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/14/2005 10:03:32 AM
Author: woobug02
Both rings are beautiful :) Please clarify which one you are currently wearing with a band.
I am currently wearing neither of these rings with a band. I have a 4 prong tiffany type solitaire and a SP eternity band.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Jellybean for many years I wore a wide wedding band with a narrow engagement ring. I had no problem wearing them, but when I upgraded later my new ring did not look good with a band so I wore it alone. Now I have a new three stone ring and thought about getting a band again, but decided I am now used to wearing only one ring. You need to determine what works best for you and don''t worry about what other people think. Who cares if people think you are engaged or married? People who really know you already know.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for clearing that up. I love both rings but I think the second one would look best alone and the first with a band. Wear what feels comfortable. The ER today seems much wider than my orginal thin band ER...

peachy

Shiny_Rock

Hi Jellybean:

I know what you mean about the eternity band bugging you and being tough to keep clean. I love both of your current choices - especially number 2 as a stand alone. I agree with Woobug that the first one would look better with a band. But maybe you have another option... What about trading in your full eternity for a half eternity shared prong and soldering the tow rings together? I know many people don't go for that, but I wore my set soldered for many years. It will give you that great look that (I think) you love with the feel of a single ring, and you won't have the spin issue or the diamonds scratching the prongs of your e-ring issue...

Anyway, just a thought.

ETA: I just went back to see a picture of your 5 stone. I love it. Pairing your e-ring with your 5 stone and soldering them is the look I'm talking about... What do you think?

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/14/2005 1:15:03 PM
Author: Paula C

Hi Jellybean:

I know what you mean about the eternity band bugging you and being tough to keep clean. I love both of your current choices - especially number 2 as a stand alone. I agree with Woobug that the first one would look better with a band. But maybe you have another option... What about trading in your full eternity for a half eternity shared prong and soldering the tow rings together? I know many people don''t go for that, but I wore my set soldered for many years. It will give you that great look that (I think) you love with the feel of a single ring, and you won''t have the spin issue or the diamonds scratching the prongs of your e-ring issue...

Anyway, just a thought.

ETA: I just went back to see a picture of your 5 stone. I love it. Pairing your e-ring with your 5 stone and soldering them is the look I''m talking about... What do you think?
Well, it''s too late to trade in my eternity band. I got it from Signed Pieces and they only have a 30 day return policy.

Interestingly enough, I wore my solitaire with my 5 stone band today for a change of pace. Didn''t like the look at all - the two rings competed with each other. Plus, it was not very comfortable. I guess I am a one-ring kind of gal.
2.gif

The bad news is that I was going to trade in my 5 stone band at Bailey Banks & Biddle (where I originally bought it from) for one of the Scott Kay settings above but I cannot find the original paperwork! They have since changed their trade up policy from the time I bought the band 6 years ago (now you can only trade up one of their solitaires) but they would honor their policy then (trade it up for anything as long as I spend double) only if I can find the paperwork. I have torn the house apart and can''t find it.
39.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Why not have your rings soldered? That way you have the look of two and yet its only one

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
I see you found that other thread....that setting would be perfect as a stand-alone ring, IMO!!!!!
2.gif

(BTW, I have been toying w/the idea of doing something similar....getting a slightly larger/more substantial stand-alone piece....not right this minute, but eventually!)

35.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I think that you need to do whatever makes you happy, jelly. It seems to me that you are a one-ring kind of gal and you have not been happy with the eternity band since you got it.

Could you trade your SP eternity ring for another ring from them? I know that your 30 day return window is gone but I don''t know if they also have a trade-in policy.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Did you see Aggie''s new ering here? It''s exactly the ring you''re considering! I think it would look great as a stand alone ring if that''s what you''re really leaning towards...her ring is STUNNING!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/14/2005 6:07:19 PM
Author: Patty
I think that you need to do whatever makes you happy, jelly. It seems to me that you are a one-ring kind of gal and you have not been happy with the eternity band since you got it.

Could you trade your SP eternity ring for another ring from them? I know that your 30 day return window is gone but I don''t know if they also have a trade-in policy.

I pretty sure signed pieces does have a trade in policy...i think kaleigh did it..

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah -- I almost crapped when I saw Aggie''s ring! She said her''s is not a real SK but she got the idea from that ring.

I''ll check into the exchange policy at SP but I''m not sure what I would get there instead. Two half eternities maybe?

peachy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/14/2005 6:19:09 PM
Author: jellybean
Yeah -- I almost crapped when I saw Aggie''s ring!
Stunning, huh - and such a coincidence as you had just posted about it! If you really want the one ring, I think it''s to die for.
30.gif

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/14/2005 10:26:34 AM
Author: Sundial
You need to determine what works best for you and don''t worry about what other people think. Who cares if people think you are engaged or married? People who really know you already know.

Amen to this. I get the same question all the time, and yes, it bugs me, too! But at the end of the day, you have to be comfortable with what you have on. Sundial is right--the people who matter already know your story, and the people you will meet who will come to matter to you in the future will understand, too.

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/15/2005 8:22:24 AM
Author: Daniela

Date: 9/14/2005 10:26:34 AM
Author: Sundial
You need to determine what works best for you and don''t worry about what other people think. Who cares if people think you are engaged or married? People who really know you already know.

Amen to this. I get the same question all the time, and yes, it bugs me, too! But at the end of the day, you have to be comfortable with what you have on. Sundial is right--the people who matter already know your story, and the people you will meet who will come to matter to you in the future will understand, too.
The only reason why I got tired of people asking me if I was engaged or married was because I work with the public (as a pharmacist) and it was a daily occurrence. Now that it''s been a few months, I realize I was kind of hypersensitive to the issue. Now, I really don''t care if people will ask me if I''m married or engaged. I need to wear what''s comfortable, and at this point, it''s one ring.

Well, I can''t do anything until "next year" anyway, and unless I can find the paperwork, I don''t think we can afford that setting anyway. So for now I''ll just make do with what I have.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results