shape
carat
color
clarity

Two more juicy cushion cut emeralds for your eyeballs....

floozybean

Rough_Rock
Google album with video: https://photos.app.goo.gl/JLRgSigF5wWuPBCi9

(first video shot in natural light, second under yellow indoor light)

larger *14.92 on left ($1100 per carat) and *10.01 on right ($2400 per carat). Both Columbian. Both seemingly much better cut than the stone I posted the other day ;-)

Both have a fair amount of jardin (doesn't bother me) and nice color. These come from a dealer who almost exclusively deals in six-figure "investment" stones (which these are not under those standards....) but hopefully you'll think one or the other is worthwhile enough to create a stunning piece of jewelry from. He rated the bigger stone a 6/10 and the smaller a 7/10. He's definitely stressed personal preference while shopping and doesn't consider either of these stones to be top tier and knows what I'm looking for, and I'm inclined to trust him.

Please let me know what you think. No offense taken no matter your opinion! I'm not shopping for a "perfect" emerald....I'm hoping for a great one in a large size in a range I'm comfortable spending and am crowd-sourcing PS's unbiased and experienced eyes :) TIA.

Last edited:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you post the videos on another medium? Google makes us log in and most of us are probably not keen to log in.

floozybean

Rough_Rock
oh bummer! I thought I'd set the folder to public (anyone with a link can view):

Last edited:

floozybean

Rough_Rock
vimeo links to two separate videos:

Avondale

Brilliant_Rock
The videos are public, I can see them without being logged in.

For future reference, another very convenient way to share videos is imgur.

These two emeralds look a lot nicer than that previous - don't take it personally - disaster. You actually have colour and glow. I can see why they're on the cheaper side - both have prominent inclusions which are very visible from the table.

You probably already know that the smaller stone is better, it's reflected in the price. It doesn't have a window, it's cloudy on one end, but it's not terribly noticeable.

The larger stone has a window, but it's small and doesn't detract too much from the beauty. Smaller windows are usually easier to hide when set, too. However, it has a large, very prominent, very distracting inclusion or, idk, an entire system of inclusions. I personally prefer its colour to the smaller one, but I just can't take my eyes off this inclusion on the table. So that stone would be a no go for me.

In the end it boils down to what looks better in your eyes. Just keep in mind that (in my personal experience) even though many vendors will say that inclusions are more visible and prominent in videos and photos, I find the exact opposite to be true. Photos and videos lack the depth perception of your eyes and will more often than not deceive and hide flaws. So be ready for any jardin and cloudiness to be more noticeable to you in person.

I imagine you already know to be mindful of type and level of treatment, so no need to chew on that subject again.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely the smaller one. It’s beautiful!!! Lovely glow and colour.

The inclusion in the bigger one is very prominent and looks like no trick of light will disguise it whereas in the smaller one, at certain angles, your eyes might be able to bypass it on account of the lovely colour and glow.

The inclusion in the bigger one looks like a foreign piece of rock embedded in it.

I’m a huge fan of giant rings and a giant emerald definitely stands out and is very satisfying to wear. Do let us know what you end up deciding on!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The smaller one for sure! I love the color and glow

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results