shape
carat
color
clarity

Two Jeff White stones set!

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Purple garnet is around 2 cts, 7.3 or 7.4 mm (I really need to keep better track of this stuff). It's set in a customized Eternity by Yoni setting that I bought preloved from Elle W at The Gemstone Project. The stone is darker than I tend to go for in most lighting, I'll admit, but it's so dang saturated, it's forgiven.

The vanadium beryl ([URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/jeff-white-vanadium-beryl.213096/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/jeff-white-vanadium-beryl.213096/[/URL]) is set in a custom setting from Julia B on Etsy. I thought the rose cuts would somehow complement the lower RI of the beryl, if that makes sense. I was a little worried about the halo overpowering the narrow stone, but I think it turned out okay. And certainly helped with the finger coverage. :naughty:

img_9498.jpg

img_9499.jpg

img_9501.jpg

img_9503.jpg

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium

img_9505.jpg

img_9506.jpg

img_9507.jpg

img_9508.jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
They are divine NKOTB. Is that one of Julia B's ring boxes? I don't mind darker tones as long as they don't black out. Great choices on the settings. :love:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, those are both gorgeous! Great rings, especially the beryl--it's so glowy and unique.

Hope you love them!

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous rings, I love both of them! And the stones are stunning of course. Congratulations!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are both lovely. I just love the vanadium beryl. You've showed us that the purple garnet goes dark from time to time, but what is the vanadium beryl like? Is it always on, or does it have "moods"? I know so little about vanadium beryl...

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Your taste is always excellent!! I really like what you did with both of them, each setting is so different but well suited to the individual gems. They both look to have great presence - while the garnet setting is more in keeping with my typical tastes, I also love what you chose for the beryl. Well done, as usual :). You're making me want to set something now!!

katharath

Ideal_Rock
minousbijoux|1443838636|3934313 said:
They are both lovely. I just love the vanadium beryl. You've showed us that the purple garnet goes dark from time to time, but what is the vanadium beryl like? Is it always on, or does it have "moods"? I know so little about vanadium beryl...

+1, tell us more!

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
NKOTB. I'm soooooo happy to see these rare and spectacular gems set. I love your choice of setting for the garnet. It's a perfect way to highlight the stone without distracting from it's personality. Though purple garnets are super rare, a vanadium beryl is even rarer and unknown to most of us (except Marlow. I miss Marlow). So please tell us more and of course post many more pics

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two amazing stones and rings :love: :love: :love:
I love the glow of the beryl and the soft and romantic feel of the setting.
The purple garnet is such a classic. I love the deep colour. We are stone sisters: I have a purple cushion from Jeff from the same rough. I am glad to see it looks so good 8-)

Enjoy wearing your besutiful rings.

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
The Beryl's setting is to die for WOW they are both sensational :love: :love:

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovinggems - thank you. Yes, it's one of Julia's boxes. :)

Thanks, lovedogs and ricezo!

Minoubijoux - the vanadium beryl is pretty consistent, like an emerald - but it definitely is more "on" some times more than others. The shot where my hand is resting on the table, for example - I was out for dinner with hubby, and thought it actually looked kind of blah there.

katharath - thank you for the compliments. I went outside my norm with the rose cuts. They don't really photograph well, so I never saw the big deal about them, until I saw some in person at Tiffany's a few summers ago. They have a nice flash without over the top sparkle, if that makes sense. I think if they were ideal cut rounds, the setting would have been over the top for the stone. I actually have a blue sapphire that I had originally considered the setting for, and I popped it in when I first got it, then waffled on which one to put in. Perhaps I should get a second one? :lol: Now, go set something! ;-)

Sungura - thank you. Vanadium beryl, some call "Nigerian emerald" - my understanding is that there has been some debate about whether or not an emerald has to be coloured by chromium to be a "true" emerald. *shrug* I don't know too much about them, either - just that when I saw the rough, I said "MINE!" hahaha

Acinom - thank you. I actually had considered yours, too, but had a smaller budget. I'm so glad it went to you. I need to go looking around to see if you've set it yet, I'm sorry I don't know (haven't had a lot of time on PS lately). :oops:

Sphene - thank you!

picante27

Shiny_Rock
Wow! Both of those rings are gorgeous! I am also getting a JW garnet from the same rough, it's nice to see how fantastic yours looks in its setting. They are both so stunning :love:

katharath

Ideal_Rock
NKOTB|1443883367|3934453 said:
katharath - thank you for the compliments. I went outside my norm with the rose cuts. They don't really photograph well, so I never saw the big deal about them, until I saw some in person at Tiffany's a few summers ago. They have a nice flash without over the top sparkle, if that makes sense. I think if they were ideal cut rounds, the setting would have been over the top for the stone. I actually have a blue sapphire that I had originally considered the setting for, and I popped it in when I first got it, then waffled on which one to put in. Perhaps I should get a second one? :lol: Now, go set something! ;-)
!

I hear you about the rose cuts, and I really like that you went for it. I personally think it was a great choice. I also enjoyed reading your extra info on the beryl :). Oh and I love Tiffany's, I was there over the summer and got an everyday bracelet that I love...it's fun to look for inspiration there.

I will try to set something soon, I just had a crazy expensive spring and summer! I set about 7 things in 3 months and bought lots of new gems too, lol. While I am excited to move onto setting something new soon, tbh I'm actually enjoying the break a bit!! Deciding on settings is very fun but stressful for me too, due to my over-anxious personality. I know that sounds silly, but it's true for me :)

I haven't even been on PS much for the last week or so, which isn't like me, but this is always a super busy time of year (back to school plus birthdays for both of my sons in the same month, etc etc). And I ALWAYS get sick this time of year, the whole family does bc of back to school...without fail, at least once between Sept-Oct we are ALL sick. Ugh, I hate it. This is day 10 of my ridiculous congestion/cold thingy and I'm tired of my rattly chest and stuffiness and cough.

Ok rant over, I'm sorry...

But you see this is why I love seeing pics of YOUR new things, I can just enjoy them and not have to do anything else but that! Lol :)

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
More inspiration from NKOTB :love:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely stones and rings, thanks for sharing!

DK :love:

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful rings that show off each stone really well. :love: Yeah, it is really hard to photograph rose cuts, but are a more subtle way to enhance your main stone without overpowering it. I have a vintage ring with a tiny ruby and rose cuts surrounding it like a cluster. It is foiled back too.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!! I can't wait to pop in on you and try them on!! lol! :lol: :wink2:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh, both are stunning rings! I can't decide which I love best. I have to say though, the color on that garnet is amazing!!! :love:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful rings, enjoy.

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you for sharing! Beautiful rings. I'll admit that I never could see a use for rose cut stones with a non-rose cut center. But you've swayed me and I see the potential now. Something to keep in mind for future projects. :D ;-)

pinkgem2522

Shiny_Rock
So beautiful! In love! :love:

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Omg the color of the purper/violet stone is amazing!

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
picante27 - Thanks! I look forward to seeing yours. What shape will it be?

katharath - hope you're feeling better! I know that scene very well. We've managed to escape the plague so far, but usually have a good bout or two during the winter. And I always have a bit of anxiety around setting, too. First, to commit to one, then I worry about the process hurting the stone, etc.

Thanks, lilmosun, dk, and lovesvintage (your ring sounds lovely!).

Enerchi - anytime! ;-)

Thanks, catmom and TL!

SparkliesLover - thank you. I have another ring with rose cuts (but not a halo) arriving today. :Up_to_something:

Thanks pinkgem, cravingdiamonds, and Sungura (great purple garnet thread, btw, and thanks for doing the work of posting mine - I can't do those collage pics)!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
oh wow- these are beautiful!!!!! I can't decide which one I like better they are both so pretty!!!!!!

SapphireStyle

Shiny_Rock
I love both your rings . I am not normally a purple person, but that garnet has me captivated! :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results