shape
carat
color
clarity

Two Florists?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

basil

Brilliant_Rock
I know people probably think I''m psycho for planning all this out 1.5 years in advance, but since the next 2 weeks are probably the ONLY time I''ll be in the state of my wedding except for holiday weekends, I want to get as much done as possible.

I want to keep our flowers <$1000, but I don''t want to compromise on my bouquet. My mom keeps hearing of friends of friends who "do flowers". But I''m a little wary or their experience and ability to source a variety of quality flowers.

Do you think it would be acceptable to hire one florist for the bouquets/bouts only? And a separate, cheaper florist for the centerpieces?

I figure if I budget $500 for bouquets ($250 brides bouquet, $50x2 bridesmaids bouquets, $25x2 mother''s corsage, $15x5 groom, groomsman, father''s boutonierres) that should get me a quality florist. Then $500 for 10 centerpieces from "person who does flowers"?

Are those reasonable prices for somewhat standard flowers? I''m thinking of centerpieces of hydrangeas and roses mostly. But fancier flowers for my bouquet - orchids maybe. Corsages of some type of berries.

Am I insane for even considering this?

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it's fine.

A friend of mine was good with flowers and offered to do the centerpieces for me if I paid for the flowers. She didn't want to risk not doing a good job on the bouquets and told me to have a florist do the bouts and the bouquets. Honest to God - her flowers were better than what the florist did (he didn't listen to me even though I gave him an exact picture of what I wanted) and I wish she had done the whole thing!

ETA: I got my flowers from a flower mart (where the florists go, but the florists get access 2 hours before you do) and $500 got me all the centerpiece flowers.

kimberlina13

Shiny_Rock
Is your fiance''s family willing to help pick up the cost of the florist? Traditionally, the groom''s side picks up the bride''s bouquet and a few other things as well. Your price will also heavily depend if your chosen flowers are in season at the time of your wedding. But to your original question, there''s nothing wrong with using two florists if they will be able to take care of what you want.

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/4/2007 8:54:02 PM
Author: kimberlina13
Is your fiance''s family willing to help pick up the cost of the florist? Traditionally, the groom''s side picks up the bride''s bouquet and a few other things as well. Your price will also heavily depend if your chosen flowers are in season at the time of your wedding. But to your original question, there''s nothing wrong with using two florists if they will be able to take care of what you want.

Well, I think my fiance would rather pay $10,000 for flowers than ask his parents to pay for my bouquet
1.gif

We''re just trying to keep to a budget cause honestly, I don''t care that strongly what the centerpieces look like, just that my bouquet looks great in the pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results