shape
carat
color
clarity

Two ACA WhiteFlash Diamonds --Experts please weigh in!

hopefuldiamond

Rough_Rock
Hi there,

These 2 stones are both ACA stones from whiteflash. The .71 is an E color Si1, which I was almost ready to buy at $3,700. Then I went downtown again to the LA diamond district where reputable dealers and jewelers which dismissive of AGS and telling me a should never buy a diamond online.

Meanwhile, while looking at a similar .71 stone in one of these jewelry stores in a setting i was considering, I felt that was perhaps .71 was too small (having previously come down in my head from a .90, to a .80, etc to maintain high cut quality and color within my budget.)

I was all set to purchase the initial diamond but now I'm thoroughly confused and thinking of pushing my budget up a bit-- It seems that I can get a very nice stone from downtown probably around .80 triple X for roughly 4,500, but now I feel like I might be settling for less than amazing, considering all of the ACA Whiteflash reviews describing what sound like earth shattering diamonds! I've seen some triple X Gia diamonds, but they didn't seem earth shattering! I really want my diamond to be Totally Amazing (versus: hey man, that's really nice)
So my questions are:

1. Given these are both ACA, would you recommend diamond 1 or diamond 2, knowing I care about both color and size? I know it's preference, but I'm at a stalemate! Do they look equally awesome for what they are?

2. Should I just buy a diamond I can see in person and maybe get more size for my money? (Going with GIA, as no vendors I've met sell AGS diamonds downtown in Los Angeles)

Thanks!

Stone 1
http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-2145409.htm

The second stone is a little bigger, hopefully noticeably larger in size at .78 carats. However, it's a G color and $4,136.

Stone 2
http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-2680228.htm

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok, my thoughts- i don't know that .78 is going to be visually larger to the naked eye than a .71. We are talking mere mm- do if it were me I would take the higher color E as the visual difference between a E to a G will be noticeable to your eye when comparing the two, while all likely the .07 mm difference will not.

As for buying in LA- I would get the lab information off the report if any stone you are interested in and run the numbersbefore purchasing- or at least post the info for further input.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ditto to what Amysbling said...

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
tyty333|1315486159|3012602 said:
Normally I say go bigger but bigger in this case isnt very much so...for the money I would probably go with the E.

Here are more options...BGD also has outstanding stones

This gets you to the .75 mark, should be eye-clean but ask and still should be nice and white. Price is $3520.
http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamond/diamond-detail/?product_id=AGS-104052884012
another option
http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamond/diamond-detail/?product_id=AGS-104052377006

Agreed. Between the .71 E and .78 G I would save money and get the higher color for less money--- the size difference won't show.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd go for the G color stone at 5.9mm. Every bit of size counts in that size range.

hopefuldiamond

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for your comments. It turns out the .78 si1 G is not eye clean...being an ACA super ideal cut i guess i took for granted that it was! I've been looking at so many facts and figures that looking for the "eye clean" statement fell through the cracks. I'll be looking at in person stones today, to get a better idea of sizes and color differences. Tyty333 thanks for looking up those stones. One is si2, and I don't want to go below si1. with the other I think i'm better off with the E color but I appreciate your efforts :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results