shape
carat
color
clarity

Twitter & Finewater

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
I''m guessing everyone got the email about Finewater using Twitter. I didn''t see any posts about it. What do you all think about that? I didn''t have a twitter account before. I signed up though. Then I opted to have text messages from Finewater sent to my phone. I opted for that because I don''t twitter so I didn''t expect to log in often. There haven''t been many updates. Though I gotta say I was annoyed by the text that came through last night just as I fell asleep. I thought about disabling that - but then I''d never see the tweets. So who else is using it? Are you getting the texts?

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
What does he "tweet" about?

FinewaterGems

Rough_Rock
Trade
Sorry about that hoofbeats! I should let you know that ALL of the responses that I received from my customers requested that I keep my newsletters, so the emailed newsletters will remain my primary means of communication. My Twitter tweets will focus on "what I''m cutting now" or trip reports for anyone who''s interested.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
That''s awesome! I like it
1.gif

FYI, you can tweak your Twitter settings to not alert you after a certain hour of the day/night.

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/10/2009 3:35:52 PM
Author: MonkeyPie
1.gif

FYI, you can tweak your Twitter settings to not alert you after a certain hour of the day/night.

But then if a tweet happens during those times would it be put in a queue so I would get a text when the time was appropriate.

Oh I wasn''t terribly annoyed at the text. I''m more annoyed when my friend texts me after I am asleep and expects a reply. At least with tweet texts I don''t have to reply.
1.gif
I was just curious what every one else though and was doing. I signed up for twitter just for this and so I am not experienced in the world of tweeting!

I was all excited that I''d get a text if/when you posted new stuff. That was pretty cool. But since I''ve signed up I think there have only been 3 tweets maybe. I''d be all over text that tell me when you post something new that I can buy!
2.gif

FinewaterGems

Rough_Rock
Trade
I had initially wanted to tweet about new gemstones for sale, but lots of people were upset at the prospect of missing out because they didn''t use (or didn''t want to use) Twitter. So I''ll continue to use email - it''s not perfect but it''s probably the most equitable way of reaching everyone.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/10/2009 4:03:23 PM
Author: hoofbeats95
Date: 6/10/2009 3:35:52 PM

Author: MonkeyPie

1.gif

But then if a tweet happens during those times would it be put in a queue so I would get a text when the time was appropriate.

No - they will just be there when you get up! You won''t suddenly get a slew of texts at 6am lol.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Gary. I don’t tweet so keeping the newsletter is greatly appreciated.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
I haven't been able to find him on Twitter -- I've tried searching by name AND searching by email, and nada. Multiple times on on different days, too, in case it was a timing glitch. It's pretty annoying, but whatever.

FinewaterGems

Rough_Rock
Trade
I''ve complained to Twitter but this is apparently a common issue. Lots of users don''t show up in their searches, and Twitter cannot seem to resolve this problem.
14.gif

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Sorry, Gary, I didn''t mean to sound upset with YOU! I know it''s a Twitter problem, it''s them I''m annoyed with. For now, I think the Twitter/email combo sounds good, and I hope that they''ll let you stop being incognito soon
1.gif

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
I have no idea how Twitter survives. I cannot find people that I know are on there! I think to find Gary I added his email to my yahoo address booked. Then I used the email hook in that twitter has where it searches for people in your address book. However, I tried this yesterday to find an Etsy vendor and it didn''t work at all. I never could find her. She found me though. I''m a SW Developer and to be quite honest a simple search is NOT that hard! There is no reason why the email search cannot be reliable. This is unacceptable. They really need to fix this issue.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Can we post Gary''s Twitter address here? Is that allowed? I want to follow him.

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Would it not be allowed? Why not?

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/11/2009 9:08:34 AM
Author: Chrono
Thank you, Gary. I don’t tweet so keeping the newsletter is greatly appreciated.

Ditto from me!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results