shape
carat
color
clarity

Twining Wisps and A Stone to Review

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

p1jlc2

Rough_Rock
I have recently come across a very pretty stone at a reputable B&M store in my area. Here are the stats:

Round Brilliant
1.43 G SI2
$8400
"Ideal Hearts and Arrows"

Dimensions: 7.18-7.22 (.7%)
Depth: 62.2
Table: 57.2
Crown: 34.7
Pavillion: 41.0
Culet: .2
Girdle: .9-3.2 (2.5%)

First, any opinions on this stone? I realize it is somewhat more expensive than stones online, but I really would like to have a relationship with a local jeweler. Does it fall into the same ballpark as online pricing?

Secondly, the GIA cert. comments on twining wisps. Are they a serious flaw? Do they impact the light performance/color grading, etc? I was very suprised when I saw this stone under the microscope. It was incredibly clean for a SI2. Since it was so clean (there is nothing else plotted on the cert except the wisps), I am somewhat concerned that the wisps make it a less desirable diamond.

Thanks so much.
Jason

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have seen SI2 diamonds with few obvious inclusions that have clouds or wisps that can very slightly dull the stone. This is rare.
You can do your own search for price comparisons on the Search by Cut quality on the top left of the front page.

the cut should be very nice.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results