shape
carat
color
clarity

Twin Parents

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
So as many of you already know, i had twin babies 3 months ago and i am still trying to figure out how to manage! how do you all do it?...nannies/babysitters, family help, on your own? also pending twin parents, how do you plan on tackling 2 babies at once??

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
All I can say is ... wait it out! For us, it got noticeably better at about 4 months, and then once they could sit up at six-ish months, it got *drastically* better. Those first three months though were exhausting for sure, and I remember being so so frustrated. Two infants require an incredible amount of work, so you will - and should! - feel overwhelmed at times. Unfortunately, that''s just par for the course of parenting.

We never had any help, and I am at home with them all day long and have been since day one. It''s hard but amazing, and even though it''s hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel those first few months, I guarantee that in the next few weeks it''ll get better ... and then in the following weeks, even better .... and in the following weeks, even better ... :)

Good luck, and enjoy those li''l babies!!

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/25/2009 6:23:54 PM
Author: ellaila
All I can say is ... wait it out! For us, it got noticeably better at about 4 months, and then once they could sit up at six-ish months, it got *drastically* better. Those first three months though were exhausting for sure, and I remember being so so frustrated. Two infants require an incredible amount of work, so you will - and should! - feel overwhelmed at times. Unfortunately, that''s just par for the course of parenting.

We never had any help, and I am at home with them all day long and have been since day one. It''s hard but amazing, and even though it''s hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel those first few months, I guarantee that in the next few weeks it''ll get better ... and then in the following weeks, even better .... and in the following weeks, even better ... :)

Good luck, and enjoy those li''l babies!!
6.gif
o my goodness..let me bow down to u first and foremost!! how in the world do u do it?? both are crying..both need to feed, both need to be put to sleep... theres no minute to eat, sit, pee etc....plz details, details! i know that it is possible but good grief i am losing my mind and im not alone with them! did u choose to not have any help or there was no choice?

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, to clarify - I''ve got an awesome husband who is incredibly helfpul with the babies ... er, kids (almost 20 months old now!). I am alone with them during the day, but he''s great with them in the AMs before work and when he gets home - always helped with feedings, baths, etc. I am very, very lucky!

As for feeding, not sure if you''re BFing or bottle-feeding or both, but I did both for three months but then stopped BFing b/c I had a low supply and basically wasn''t giving them anything anyway. If you''re BFing or doing both, then yes, it''s exhausting and you feel like all you''re doing in the beginning is nursing and pumping, nursing and pumping around the clock. Once I switched to all bottle feeding, my life got a lot easier! (That said, I really wished that BFing had worked for me, and it was really hard to stop even though I knew I had to.) If you''re nursing, def. try to tandem nurse b/c that will save SO much time.

As for crying, sleeping, etc., have you read/watched The Happiest Baby on the Block (I rec. the video b/c really, you don''t have any time to read right now!)? I definitely suggest following his tips. Swings saved our lives and sanity, and my babies slept in them more nights than I care to admit. Hey, whatever works! Don''t worry about forming bad sleeping habits right now; if they''re happy sleeping in the swing or a bouncy seat, then let them. At this point, sleep itself matters more than *where* they''re sleeping.

I remember that I kept hearing about the "magical" three-month mark, and honestly nothing got better for us at three months. It did at four months though, once my son started sleeping on his belly (we put him on his back but he was rolling onto his belly). I promise you things will fall into place soon. Soon they''ll be sleeping better, any colic (if they have it) will start to ease, they''ll start eating solids and getting onto more of a schedule, etc.

The first few months seem to last an eternity - I remember that feeling well. Though I don''t remember too much else about that time, I absolutely remember feeling overwhelmed and like there was no way it was ever going to get easier. But I swear to you it will. I wish I had some "do this and everything will get better" advice for you, but really all I can say is grin and bear it and take lots of photos of this time because your babies will be sitting, crawling, standing, walking, talking before you know it!

Oh, and the forums at twinstuff.com helped me a LOT. There''s a first year forum and also a BFing one that should be helpful to you ...

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
The first three month were like, "What in the hell did I get myself into?!" After that, it exponentially better. I stay at home and for the first month, my MIl came up from Atlanta to help out. She definitely taught me a lot and my SIL lives a few minutes away, so she also gave us a lot of help.

I let my twins schedule themselves. I didn''t want to try to make them go opposite of their own clocks. Our daughter, Savannah, was a dream baby. She was the best infant ever. We never had any issues with her, she''s kind of tough. She didn''t do a lot of crying, she just ate slept and pooped in regular intervals. Now, our son, Grayson, is a different story. He was and still in a needy baby. Since they started walking, he''s gotten a bit more independent, but for the most part he''s attached to me in some form for most of the day.

I mentioned in the other thread that we have a part-time nanny. It was something that I didn''t necessarily want, but it''s turned out to be a blessing. My SO is a doctor and he''s not at home for many hours of the day, so having someone around to watch them while I could do laundry or run a few errands was needed.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
+1 to everything Ella said. She was my twin mentor and knows of what she speaks!

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/25/2009 9:31:21 PM
Author: ellaila
Oh, to clarify - I''ve got an awesome husband who is incredibly helfpul with the babies ... er, kids (almost 20 months old now!). I am alone with them during the day, but he''s great with them in the AMs before work and when he gets home - always helped with feedings, baths, etc. I am very, very lucky!

As for feeding, not sure if you''re BFing or bottle-feeding or both, but I did both for three months but then stopped BFing b/c I had a low supply and basically wasn''t giving them anything anyway. If you''re BFing or doing both, then yes, it''s exhausting and you feel like all you''re doing in the beginning is nursing and pumping, nursing and pumping around the clock. Once I switched to all bottle feeding, my life got a lot easier! (That said, I really wished that BFing had worked for me, and it was really hard to stop even though I knew I had to.) If you''re nursing, def. try to tandem nurse b/c that will save SO much time.

As for crying, sleeping, etc., have you read/watched The Happiest Baby on the Block (I rec. the video b/c really, you don''t have any time to read right now!)? I definitely suggest following his tips. Swings saved our lives and sanity, and my babies slept in them more nights than I care to admit. Hey, whatever works! Don''t worry about forming bad sleeping habits right now; if they''re happy sleeping in the swing or a bouncy seat, then let them. At this point, sleep itself matters more than *where* they''re sleeping.

I remember that I kept hearing about the ''magical'' three-month mark, and honestly nothing got better for us at three months. It did at four months though, once my son started sleeping on his belly (we put him on his back but he was rolling onto his belly). I promise you things will fall into place soon. Soon they''ll be sleeping better, any colic (if they have it) will start to ease, they''ll start eating solids and getting onto more of a schedule, etc.

The first few months seem to last an eternity - I remember that feeling well. Though I don''t remember too much else about that time, I absolutely remember feeling overwhelmed and like there was no way it was ever going to get easier. But I swear to you it will. I wish I had some ''do this and everything will get better'' advice for you, but really all I can say is grin and bear it and take lots of photos of this time because your babies will be sitting, crawling, standing, walking, talking before you know it!

Oh, and the forums at twinstuff.com helped me a LOT. There''s a first year forum and also a BFing one that should be helpful to you ...
i shall say it again..u are one AMAZING mama!...

swings buy me some time anywhere from 10-20 mins lol...i can pee, grab a bite etc...but they dont sleep in there anymore...when they were about 2 mos they slept in there and that was a blessing but i guess i should be happy for any time i get
4.gif

i am not bf''ing...feeding is pretty easy and jon burps a lot and is fine, our girl jackie on the other hand is a project to say the least...we give her the Podee (the bottle that has a tube and she can self-feed at her own pace. its a lifesaver at nites with her bc she isnt the best sleeper and my sis takes her at night bc dh works nites.,,and like i said..i cant do it alone...esp nights!
7.gif

jon generally takes naps during the day and for good stretches...from 1-3 hrs but jackie is just practically up all day and MIL has to tend to her all the time! MIL is a hero to me too (even tho i dont like her much) ...she raised 3 kids of her own and isnt scared to tackle 2 at a time..she would prefer someone to be with her but never complains if i wanna take a nap or so smthg etc.

sleeping: does anyone have to rock or has rocked their babies to sleep? i am very upset that i am forming bad habits by rocking them to sleep...jon will not sleep on his own...i rock and pat him and then right on tummy (he only sleeps on tummy as well)..jackie is able to fall asleep on her back or side but tummy is better too. Jon hates sleeping in his stroller and doesnt like to be outside for too long...i wonder if its bc we dont use that stroller as much....we use the snap n go and they love it. i def dont have them on a schedule...i work with whatever flows ...now jon is sleeping better at nite and i am trying to work out a schedule for bath, food, sleep..but it still varies day to day. did everyone bathe both babies every day??

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/25/2009 9:42:56 PM
Author: pennquaker09
The first three month were like, ''What in the hell did I get myself into?!'' After that, it exponentially better. I stay at home and for the first month, my MIl came up from Atlanta to help out. She definitely taught me a lot and my SIL lives a few minutes away, so she also gave us a lot of help.

I let my twins schedule themselves. I didn''t want to try to make them go opposite of their own clocks. Our daughter, Savannah, was a dream baby. She was the best infant ever. We never had any issues with her, she''s kind of tough. She didn''t do a lot of crying, she just ate slept and pooped in regular intervals. Now, our son, Grayson, is a different story. He was and still in a needy baby. Since they started walking, he''s gotten a bit more independent, but for the most part he''s attached to me in some form for most of the day.

I mentioned in the other thread that we have a part-time nanny. It was something that I didn''t necessarily want, but it''s turned out to be a blessing. My SO is a doctor and he''s not at home for many hours of the day, so having someone around to watch them while I could do laundry or run a few errands was needed.
ditto...i said there is no way in gods given earth that i would ever do this again
20.gif
....but dh wants more...i cant believe it! but ppl say..o u will get over it once it gets easier and forget all the hardships....so i decide to write them down, take pics and video
2.gif

did any of u have meltdown moments and depression days? i have a lot of those where i just cry bc i lost myself and i get angry that i cant take care of my kids on my own and always need to ask for help...i wonder if dh had a regular daytime job if it would be different but i duno.

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/25/2009 10:17:02 PM
Author: jas
+1 to everything Ella said. She was my twin mentor and knows of what she speaks!
how did u cope jas? what was it like?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
We don''t have help either. We just take one day at a time!

Another thing to remember NYC is that your babes were born 2 months premature IIRC. That means you need to dial back the clock for development-meaning you might have a few more rough months than those of us who had full term babies.

And also remember that it won''t kill them to cry for a few minutes and just remind yourself that you are doing your best. We "triage" here if both are crying and attend first to whoever is more upset. Might sound harsh but it is what you have to do if you are alone with crying twins.

I really believe that babies can also pick up on your vibes so if you are stressed and tense they will pick up on it and have a harder time. I know my boys seem to have bad weeks when I am also having a bad week.

Hang in there it gets better!

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
nycbkgirl - i just wanted to extend my belated congratulations on your twins! i don''t have any children myself however, my aunts (i have a set of twin boy cousins on my mom''s side, and twin girl cousins on my dad''s side) basically echo what ellaila said whenever they''re asked the same question.

i also just wanted to say that i''m in awe of all the mommies of multiples here! i don''t know how you do it, but you all sure are amazing!
36.gif

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/25/2009 10:41:49 PM
Author: nycbkgirl

It''s funny, I would never have thought to use the word "cope." I believe, to paraphrase Ginot, that I am the decisive element in my babies'' lives at this time. Mine, like others have mentioned, pick up on my state of mind. Loving babies can sometimes be hard work, but it''s important work. I plan my day out like I was doing a lesson plan. I look for places to laugh. I talk and sing to my babies all the time. At those times when both are teething and fussy and tricky, I remember how much I wanted them, how excited I was for them to come into the world, how I''ve been given a sacred charge. It''s not about me anymore. Not to say I don''t take me time...after 7PM it''s all about me...I recharge. But 14 hours a day, nonstop, is my job and my joy right now. And, like others have mentioned, they cry sometimes when I can''t get to both. The funny thing is that now, at almost 11 months, they don''t fuss too much. They see if I''m tending to the other twin and they are pretty patient. They have each other and they also are pretty darned independent. That helps.

In more stressful times, I do ask myself what will matter in 5 minutes, 5 days, 5 years. Keeping my cool will matter in 5 minutes, 5 years. Cheerios crushed into the dog will not matter.

I''m only speaking for me, but I can only control my attitude and perception of things. When they squawk it''s because they need something, when they scream they are frustrated because they can''t use words (mine are older than yours).

I know I sound very new-agey, but every moment with my babies is a choice. Sometimes my choice is to call for backup -- yea Grandma! -- but more often than not, my choice is to be present and in the moment and know, when it''s bad, that this too shall pass. The more I can stay like that, the fewer stressful moments there actually are.

I never thought I wanted kids and was actually told I couldn''t have them. These were a double surprise. It''s been the hardest job in my life, just in terms of responsibility and energy needs. But as I see their wee personalities develop, I''m pretty darned happy with the choices I''ve made on a daily basis. SO much more often than not, it''s been a delight.

As others have mentioned, you are just about over the tough hump. Brace yourself for the fun!

Mrs

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/26/2009 8:50:48 AM
Date: 7/25/2009 10:41:49 PM

Author: nycbkgirl

It''s funny, I would never have thought to use the word ''cope.'' I believe, to paraphrase Ginot, that I am the decisive element in my babies'' lives at this time. Mine, like others have mentioned, pick up on my state of mind. Loving babies can sometimes be hard work, but it''s important work. I plan my day out like I was doing a lesson plan. I look for places to laugh. I talk and sing to my babies all the time. At those times when both are teething and fussy and tricky, I remember how much I wanted them, how excited I was for them to come into the world, how I''ve been given a sacred charge. It''s not about me anymore. Not to say I don''t take me time...after 7PM it''s all about me...I recharge. But 14 hours a day, nonstop, is my job and my joy right now. And, like others have mentioned, they cry sometimes when I can''t get to both. The funny thing is that now, at almost 11 months, they don''t fuss too much. They see if I''m tending to the other twin and they are pretty patient. They have each other and they also are pretty darned independent. That helps.

In more stressful times, I do ask myself what will matter in 5 minutes, 5 days, 5 years. Keeping my cool will matter in 5 minutes, 5 years. Cheerios crushed into the dog will not matter.

I''m only speaking for me, but I can only control my attitude and perception of things. When they squawk it''s because they need something, when they scream they are frustrated because they can''t use words (mine are older than yours).

I know I sound very new-agey, but every moment with my babies is a choice. Sometimes my choice is to call for backup -- yea Grandma! -- but more often than not, my choice is to be present and in the moment and know, when it''s bad, that this too shall pass. The more I can stay like that, the fewer stressful moments there actually are.

I never thought I wanted kids and was actually told I couldn''t have them. These were a double surprise. It''s been the hardest job in my life, just in terms of responsibility and energy needs. But as I see their wee personalities develop, I''m pretty darned happy with the choices I''ve made on a daily basis. SO much more often than not, it''s been a delight.

As others have mentioned, you are just about over the tough hump. Brace yourself for the fun!

THANK YOU JAS, Your post really resonated with me and it was the perfect reminder to enjoy every moment I have with my LO! I have been feeling somewhat conflicted about staying home with her ever since I was laid off week before last and I have been wallowing in some silly self pity when in reality I am the most fortunate person I know to have the opportunity to spend more time with my perfect (though certainly challenging) baby! THANK YOU for putting in to words exactly how I want to approach each day with her now that I am home!

Mrs

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
And, like others have mentioned, they cry sometimes when I can''t get to both. The funny thing is that now, at almost 11 months, they don''t fuss too much. They see if I''m tending to the other twin and they are pretty patient. They have each other and they also are pretty darned independent. That helps.

Honestly I think this is a great skill that we "teach" our twins by just not being able to get to them right away sometimes! My boys are also very chill and don''t fuss much at all. They never had the chance to be spoiled because often it was only one person with two babies and you just can''t hold both of them all the time!

It seems like twins are often like this...obviously this is just speculation but I do wonder if these are inherant traits or learned "skills". And I would tend to think that at least some of it is learned skills making me think that a bit of CIO every now and then just can''t be too scarring or else all twins would be really messed up.
3.gif

softly softly

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/26/2009 9:50:36 PM
Author: neatfreak

And, like others have mentioned, they cry sometimes when I can''t get to both. The funny thing is that now, at almost 11 months, they don''t fuss too much. They see if I''m tending to the other twin and they are pretty patient. They have each other and they also are pretty darned independent. That helps.

Honestly I think this is a great skill that we ''teach'' our twins by just not being able to get to them right away sometimes! My boys are also very chill and don''t fuss much at all. They never had the chance to be spoiled because often it was only one person with two babies and you just can''t hold both of them all the time!

It seems like twins are often like this...obviously this is just speculation but I do wonder if these are inherant traits or learned ''skills''. And I would tend to think that at least some of it is learned skills making me think that a bit of CIO every now and then just can''t be too scarring or else all twins would be really messed up.
3.gif

I don''t have twins, but from my experience with my two kids, I''d be inclined to agree with you Neat that being able to self sooth is a ''learned'' skill. Often people say that their second baby is much more easy going than their first simply because they are unable to always respond as quickly to their crying because they are dividing their attention between two children. I definitely found this to be the case. And more often than not my older child would win out because he was verbal and mobile and able to communicate his needs/demands more forcibly. Now that they are older I definitely notice that my daughter is more self-sufficient and independent than her older brother.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/26/2009 9:50:36 PM
Author: neatfreak

Honestly I think this is a great skill that we ''teach'' our twins by just not being able to get to them right away sometimes! My boys are also very chill and don''t fuss much at all. They never had the chance to be spoiled because often it was only one person with two babies and you just can''t hold both of them all the time!

It seems like twins are often like this...obviously this is just speculation but I do wonder if these are inherant traits or learned ''skills''. And I would tend to think that at least some of it is learned skills making me think that a bit of CIO every now and then just can''t be too scarring or else all twins would be really messed up.
3.gif
Our last baby was adopted from China at age 5.5 months. She almost never cried. Our assumption is that the crying didn''t get results in the orphanage, so she learned to wait for what she needed. She truly was and still is the best natured child I have ever seen. So my opinion is, it really does not hurt a baby to have to wait a few minutes for something. In fact, it may result in them becoming less demanding than if someone runs every time they start to whimper. I am sure the vast majority of moms with twins do not have daily help after the first week or two home.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
What a great thread NYC!!!

To answer your question for mommies of twins to be...I HAVE NO IDEA!!! haha.

I just think I will take it one day at a time. I have been reading books such as the Happiest baby on the block and some twin books that talk about schedules....but I really think I have to go into it with an open mind and adjust as necessary. It helps a lot to read what other moms of twins recommend. On my local group, the women were recommending "Babywise" (I guess it''s another book).

You can do it...and you''re almost over that hump!...so hang in there
9.gif

I do have a question for the twin mommies...

Did you guys breastfeed?. I really want to because I think it will make a lot of things easier (some harder, but some certainly easier!). Do you have any tips?. I''m taking a class in August but I know breastfeeding is not easy (my sister had a REALLY hard time)...so if there''s anything you can share let me know :)

M~

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Mrs you made my day!

Mandarine -- i breast fed for less than 3 months...i just was not keeping up with the demand. However, I enjoyed it. One thing i wish people had told me was how much time you are breastfeeding! 30-45 minutes sometimes. In some ways, it does force you to sit and just be. I was all "oh, 10 minutes per baby" so I was a little shocked when that wasn''t always the case.

Take advantage of whatever advice and consultation you can get. my hospital had lactation consultants who specialized in multiples come and help me, as did the nurses. you can do 2 at once. i also supplemented with some formula, but the babies preferred ol'' mama moo moo.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/27/2009 10:27:08 AM
Author: Mandarine
What a great thread NYC!!!

To answer your question for mommies of twins to be...I HAVE NO IDEA!!! haha.

I just think I will take it one day at a time. I have been reading books such as the Happiest baby on the block and some twin books that talk about schedules....but I really think I have to go into it with an open mind and adjust as necessary. It helps a lot to read what other moms of twins recommend. On my local group, the women were recommending ''Babywise'' (I guess it''s another book).

You can do it...and you''re almost over that hump!...so hang in there
9.gif

I do have a question for the twin mommies...

Did you guys breastfeed?. I really want to because I think it will make a lot of things easier (some harder, but some certainly easier!). Do you have any tips?. I''m taking a class in August but I know breastfeeding is not easy (my sister had a REALLY hard time)...so if there''s anything you can share let me know :)

M~

I do but honestly I don''t think it''s easier when you are dealing with twins. When they are little and you are at home all the time you can feed them both at once and it''s easy. Once they get too big for feeding them 2 at a time you spend an inordinate amount of time feeding them. And forget about it when you are out and about because BOTH will be crying and you can''t feed them both at once without your arsenal of pillows you have at home!

So my opinion is be prepared to supplement with formula or else be prepared to be absolutely chained to your house for however long you plan to BF. Just be flexible would be my best advice.

We do a combo still and it works out great for us. Some kids might not take as well to swapping around but it doesn''t bother my boys at all.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Jas and Neat!!

I defintiely intend to keep an open mind and don''t go into it with a preset mindset of how it should work. I definitely think supplementin with formula will be a must....even if you have enough milk! just to make sure they get used to everything (breastfeeding, pumped milk in bottle and formula!)...that way they also get used to someone else other than myself feeding them.

I guess that was more of my question....when I mean tips I mean tips to make the whole feeding process easier. Not necesarily tips for breastfeeding 100% for x amount of time
2.gif

Girlrocks

Brilliant_Rock
Well, my twins are 9 so it''s been a while since they were babies, but here''s what I remember:

I breastfed/pumped for 14 weeks. Worst 14 weeks ever. I have since breastfed 2 singletons for 12-14 months, and it was a piece of cake. My twins were 2 months early, and 1 was in the NICU from the start, and was bottlefed (although I pumped for her) for 6 weeks. So when she came home, she would not latch on, she wanted a bottle. I pumped and bottle fed her, and breastfed her sister. I swear there were somedays that I wondered why I even put a shirt on, I was always pumping or nursing. It became really inconvenient because I had to take my pump when we going to be gone longer than 3-4 hours because I produced enough for 2, and if I didn''t pump while or shortly after nursing the one baby, I would EXPLODE! Once I stopped and just gave them formula, life became much better.

The first 6 months for me were really hard. Once they could sit up or go in there excersaucers, it became easier, and gradually became easier and easier as the months went on (until time to potty train, those were a tough few months as well).

The nurses in the hospital recommended that I put them on the same schedule, and I was so glad I did. If one woke up to eat, I woke the other up. It just makes sense to me to feed/change/diaper/dress/playtime/nap, etc on the same schedule.

Bathing...I only bathed them every other day, but yes, at the same time. There rears are getting cleaned every few hours, and my babies had dry skin so every other day worked for us. I would bathe one while the other sat in a bouncer seat, then switch.

Feeding...when we went to bottlefeeding, I sat in the middle of the couch, and propped a baby on either side of me in a boppy pillow and fed both at the same time. The bouncer seats were my best friends. I dragged them all of the house. At times I felt the opposite of you...I felt like I was never getting to hold and cuddle them, but I just told myself I was doing the best that I could.

I stay at home and had no help other than the occasionally relative dropping by to visit.

My house got much dirtier (and still is!), the laundry piled up, we ate a lot of microwave meals, but somehow we got through it and I went on to have 2 more kids, so either I am insane or I realized that the pros outweighed the cons (but I have to admit, I was TERRIFIED with both pregnancies that they were going to be twins again!).

Good luck to you!

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
sorry ive been MIA for a while..jackie is sick and im so pooped as always ...i love reading all your posts and will respond to them as soon as i have some down time lol...but just quickly...

to me it is coping somewhat bc its a huge adjustment for me to go from A-Z (self centered to all kids centered) it is a labor of love dont get me wrong but im just so not used to being this tired and the effects really get to ya. everytime i look at my kids i get reenergized but its still an adjustment stage and i know i can take care of them on my own and i do feed them side by side on boppies, i hold them together when they cry , i use swings and bathe 1 after the other etc...but my physically and mentally im just pooped
15.gif
...i am relying on u guys that it does get better lol ...so hopefully i will get used to things...if dh was home at nites and had a regular schedule..it would make things easier...esp emotionally..bc i feel like im doing this alone and that isnt a great feeling bc i want dh to be a part of it and its so nice when we raise our kids together on the weekends....

anyhoo...off to catch some zzzz''s...please keep the posts comin!

Mandarine- thought u might like it
9.gif
...lots of twin moms around here...i hope u detail your coping techniques once the bundles arrive!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results