carat
color
clarity

Tuscon

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Freshly returned from Tucson!

I picked up some cobalt spinel chips (just to collect), a rhodochrosite cab, Russian demantoid, hauyne, some grandidierite (camera made them go dark in the center), and an Ethiopian emerald (color is deeper IRL).

5D040BEA-5955-4DED-BA23-3BDA57F3A7B5.jpeg

The emerald is gorgeous! May I ask how large it is?

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock

I picked up some cobalt spinel chips (just to collect), a rhodochrosite cab, Russian demantoid, hauyne, some grandidierite (camera made them go dark in the center), and an Ethiopian emerald (color is deeper IRL).

Living vicariously through you!
That rhodo & emerald.....mmm mmm good! Hell, they're all good!!
I went 3 years ago for my bday and it was absolutely amazing, although at that time I was more into collecting crystals and sterling silver jewelry. I need to go next year looking for some gemmy cut stones!

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock

That hauyne! :kiss2:

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@JackTrick Do you mind saying what vendor had that beautiful emerald? Making notes for next year...

JackTrick

Brilliant_Rock

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For full discretion, the emerald wasn’t from a booth but from a favorite lapidary of mine who was in Tucson purchasing rough.

He (and a few other great lapidaries like @mvmgems and Lisa Elser) offer precision gems and gem enthusiast content here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Shinypreciousgems/

I love their work :)

I shall refrain from joining for fear of not being to control myself!

Your Emerald caught my eyes too, great find!

DK :))

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
I just moved back to Arizona so am now just a few hours away. I wanted to go but since I've never been I wasn't sure what part non-vendors can see plus I'm trying to hold back on spending money at the moment. If anyone is interested in going to one of the next ones let me know. Has anyone gone and know what parts us everyday folks can see?

Yeah that is my concern, but it looks so amazing

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jeff W has not posted his loot from Tucson this year yet, however, he said it was a "big haul" this year.

No Tsarvorite and no Asscher-worthy medium blue Sapphire, as I was asking for a friend if he found any! :lol-2:

Just as well as my CS budget is spent for this year as Jeff found me a suitable pink Sapphire for recut while he was there, whoop whoop!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My sister in law goes every year (she has a shop in Australia) and buys a pallet load of rocks and crystals.... She invites me every year. *Sigh* One day.....

Imagine the stones we'd collectively buy if a big group of us all went!!!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jeff W has not posted his loot from Tucson this year yet, however, he said it was a "big haul" this year.

No Tsarvorite and no Asscher-worthy medium blue Sapphire, as I was asking for a friend if he found any! :lol-2:

Just as well as my CS budget is spent for this year as Jeff found me a suitable pink Sapphire for recut while he was there, whoop whoop!

Oh man, I can't wait to see what he starts rolling out. :love:

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I was very naughty. I purchased these and they arrived yesterday.
IMG_2405.jpeg

Here are some single photos of spessartine, grandidierite, autumn tourmaline, and shattuckite (no clue what to do with it, but I love the colors!):
IMG_2421.jpeg IMG_2426.jpeg

IMG_2445.jpeg IMG_2407.jpeg

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_2405.jpeg

Here are some single photos of spessartine, grandidierite, autumn tourmaline, and shattuckite (no clue what to do with it, but I love the colors!):

Woah! You got lots of goodies and we’re definitely going to need more pics. :love:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jeff has posted the pic he shared with me on his FB page.

One of the Mahenge Spinel, the one in the front on the left of that group of 4 is mine.

Sadly the cuprian Tourmaline, the deeper colour of the 2, is out of my budget for this year.

kimberlyqkim

Shiny_Rock
IMG_2405.jpeg

Did that grandidierite get set?!?!?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The show has officially been cancelled for 2021. :(2

Roll on 2022!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results