shape
carat
color
clarity

Tuscon

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So, nobody went to Tuscon this year? I know our favorite peeps are there- Yvonne, Desertrose, Jeff White, Gary... But none of us plain folk went? It looks so freaking fun!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, nobody went to Tuscon this year? I know our favorite peeps are there- Yvonne, Desertrose, Jeff White, Gary... But none of us plain folk went? It looks so freaking fun!

I plan to go in 2022 as part of my trip to Vancouver to visit my family, to make it less of a chore.

Hopefully, there will be a different president by then! :roll2:

DK :))

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'd love to go some time, @MrsKMB, but finances dictate that it's not this year. It would be super fun if a group of PSers could converge on Tuscon or Vegas one of these years :)

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@MrsKMB Hi, I am from the UK. Tuscon is definitely on my bucket list. For now I have to satisfy myself with youtube videos etc. ;)2We have very small scale events in the UK but nothing anywhere like the scale Tuscon. It is so totally unique.
I imagine myself just getting completely immersed, buying loads then wondering how the heck I am going to get it all back to the UK! :lol-2:

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm in So Cal, so it's just a 6 hr car ride for me, mainly on one freeway. Not bad! I would've gone this year, but I couldn't because of my mom. I'm hoping next year!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It should be fun, to meet the likes of Jeff and Gary in person, and to ogle at gems and minerals.

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gary is super nice. I've met him here a couple times when he was taking his GIA courses. I'm sure some of "the guys" would've let me tag along-I'm fun, darn it!

Curby311

Rough_Rock

I just moved back to Arizona so am now just a few hours away. I wanted to go but since I've never been I wasn't sure what part non-vendors can see plus I'm trying to hold back on spending money at the moment. If anyone is interested in going to one of the next ones let me know. Has anyone gone and know what parts us everyday folks can see?

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve wanted to go but wasn’t sure how to get in lol.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm determined to go next year! I always forget until it's already too late to plan.

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
First, I'm annoyed I misspelled Tucson. Spelling errors are a pet peeve of mine. :oops2:

Now that that's out of the way, I have spent a small fortune buying gems from the show via a seller who is there. Everything is so freaking gorgeous there! The prices are very good, too, unfortunately. :wall: There are so many awesome jewelry pieces on display, too. It just looks like something we all should do at least once, right?

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
Huh I assumed it was trade only for whatever reason. I’ll prob go next year as I’m not too far and always looking for an excuse to go on a short vacation. Did you take any photos?

chroman

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It’s on my bucket list.. Someday!

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@winnietucker I believe you need the be in the trade for some shows, or someone's guest. But, look! Our wonderful pal, Gene is there and we might be able to coerce him into taking us!

@PrecisionGem Holy crap! Those are insane! :kiss2:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I plan to go one day, as part of a trip to tour Arizona, to see the iconic scenery featured in so many films.

2021 may be too soon, more likely to be 2022 when my next trip to visit my folks in Canada is due.

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@PrecisionGem I am insanely jealous. Do you have a stand or are you there buying?
@dk168 yep would love to go too but will probably need to wait till my 8 year old is a bit bigger!
It would be incredible to meet up with some PS'ers there!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve always wanted to go because it looks awesome! I even had an invitation to go with one of my beloved PS friends (@suzanne2 ) but my work schedule doesn’t enable me to leave in February. :-o I’m still hopeful that I’ll be able to go one day. I might as well just start saving up my money now because I have a feeling it’ll start slipping through my fingers like water, once I get there.:lol:

I did enjoy watching all the Instagram posts from @Desertrose . She had a lot of fun & drool worthy videos from the show.

budmanbudman10

Rough_Rock
I’ve always wanted to go because it looks awesome! I even had an invitation to go with one of my beloved PS friends (@suzanne2 ) but my work schedule doesn’t enable me to leave in February. :-o I’m still hopeful that I’ll be able to go one day. I might as well just start saving up my money now because I have a feeling it’ll start slipping through my fingers like water, once I get there.:lol:

I did enjoy watching all the Instagram posts from @Desertrose . She had a lot of fun & drool worthy videos from the show.

Desertrose was able to get me a tiny but beautiful Malagasy ruby (in my favourite cut)! Highly recommend reaching out to her if there's something you want her to look out for at the show :)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If 2022 does not work out, then 2025 for a big multi-city tour as it will be a milestone birthday for me that year.

DK :bigsmile:

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
I want to go next year! Is it too late to go this year?

A friend of mine went to the Desert Gardens International Rock, Gem & Mineral Show and said it's the same vendors and they sell the gems and minerals for less there, then pack up and go to the Tucson show.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want to go next year! Is it too late to go this year?

A friend of mine went to the Desert Gardens International Rock, Gem & Mineral Show and said it's the same vendors and they sell the gems and minerals for less there, then pack up and go to the Tucson show.

It's nearly over for this year I believe.

shelovesinclusions

Shiny_Rock

JackTrick

Brilliant_Rock
Freshly returned from Tucson!

I picked up some cobalt spinel chips (just to collect), a rhodochrosite cab, Russian demantoid, hauyne, some grandidierite (camera made them go dark in the center), and an Ethiopian emerald (color is deeper IRL).

5D040BEA-5955-4DED-BA23-3BDA57F3A7B5.jpeg

voce

Ideal_Rock
Freshly returned from Tucson!

I picked up some cobalt spinel chips (just to collect), a rhodochrosite cab, Russian demantoid, hauyne, some grandidierite (camera made them go dark in the center), and an Ethiopian emerald (color is deeper IRL).

5D040BEA-5955-4DED-BA23-3BDA57F3A7B5.jpeg

I envy you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results