shape
carat
color
clarity

Turquoise tourmaline setting inspiration !

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
A8B62D17-693B-4BF6-A2A1-BCC8D010EDE0.jpeg hi all,

I’d love to get some ideas on what kind setting I could get made for my incoming turquoise tourmaline. It’s about 6.8 mm each side. I’m looking for a white gold setting with just a few diamonds or better none. I want to let the stone take focus. I already have what I consider an ideal setting on a square stone which I’ll share here for inspiration. Please do share your inputs!

291C7D8A-D29B-4907-930D-C31B57805D5D.jpeg

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi, Gemobsessed! I absolutely love the pointed shoulders on your inspiration ring! They bring out the square corners of the tourmaline. An unexpected touch!

Have you looked at the designs on The Gemstone Project website? She has some beautiful prong and side details. Maybe something would strike your fancy.

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hey Gemobsessed! I don't have any setting ideas right now but just wanted to say that is a super nice stone.
I like the idea of maybe not any diamonds. I like plain and elegant simple settings.

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi, Gemobsessed! I absolutely love the pointed shoulders on your inspiration ring! They bring out the square corners of the tourmaline. An unexpected touch!

Have you looked at the designs on The Gemstone Project website? She has some beautiful prong and side details. Maybe something would strike your fancy.

Am glad you like it, you have impeccable taste :)

Thank you for the tip! I’ve been inspired by her designs already so do keep sharing your suggestions.

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hey Gemobsessed! I don't have any setting ideas right now but just wanted to say that is a super nice stone.
I like the idea of maybe not any diamonds. I like plain and elegant simple settings.

Thank you so much :) I have two amazing rings - one is very bling and the other is this one and I find myself reaching for this more often. I think on a daily basis I’m okay with a couple of small diamonds but not something as hard core blingy as a halo. Though for my small stones it really becomes a problem trying to find diamond less settings and still have enough finger coverage. No luck so far at all!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is my cheapo Amethyst from JD in a halo bezel setting. The stone is about 8 or 9mm, which suits me as I have chubby fingers.
IMAG1997.jpg

Not too blingy for daily wear for me.

DK :))

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here is my cheapo Amethyst from JD in a halo bezel setting. The stone is about 8 or 9mm, which suits me as I have chubby fingers.
IMAG1997.jpg

Not too blingy for daily wear for me.

DK :))

It’s lovely ! Great cut. I have one from him too

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love it, how about some little hot pink tourmaline sides...... happy to “sling” you some :appl:

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love it, how about some little hot pink tourmaline sides...... happy to “sling” you some :appl:

That’s so nice of you ! Really??? :shock:

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DF383B90-FEAD-41AA-932B-1CEB25469AF0.jpeg
That’s so nice of you ! Really??? :shock:
* Breaking news*
Sources have reported that there is currently a world wide shortage for small size Rubellite Tourmaline. An unidentified source reveals that it has become apparent that someone is hoarding large quantities and accordingly depleted supply for everyone else.
:wavey::wavey::wavey::wavey:
So how many were you wanting? I have, Er, Um, a few.

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
DF383B90-FEAD-41AA-932B-1CEB25469AF0.jpeg
* Breaking news*
Sources have reported that there is currently a world wide shortage for small size Rubellite Tourmaline. An unidentified source reveals that it has become apparent that someone is hoarding large quantities and accordingly depleted supply for everyone else.
:wavey::wavey::wavey::wavey:
So how many were you wanting? I have, Er, Um, a few.

Oh my god! If I were you I’d spend all day making pairs and sets and do nothing else=)2!!!
What sizes are they?

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love that stone. :love: If the stone was mine I would set it in a three stone setting with diamond bullets or half moons. I think these shapes compliment the cushion cut. I think I would use yellow gold.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my god! If I were you I’d spend all day making pairs and sets and do nothing else=)2!!!
What sizes are they?
The biggest ones are about 1/2 a carat each - 5mm ish cushion shape. Then there are 3mm rounds and 2 mm rounds and then little oval shapes.

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
A46D96EF-046D-4434-9B45-125010543B34.jpeg 98FCA646-514F-4158-8176-E52A1057E937.jpeg
I love that stone. :love: If the stone was mine I would set it in a three stone setting with diamond bullets or half moons. I think these shapes compliment the cushion cut. I think I would use yellow gold.

I’ve wanted that so many times - half moons especially. But never managed to find a reasonable pair.

But I am sorry to waste everyone’s time. Decided to return the stone. It’s pretty but similar to my existing ones IRL

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The biggest ones are about 1/2 a carat each - 5mm ish cushion shape. Then there are 3mm rounds and 2 mm rounds and then little oval shapes.

So this tourmaline purchase fell through, but thank you so much for your kind offer. I think you should make a loooong necklace out of some of these yum rubellites

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
A46D96EF-046D-4434-9B45-125010543B34.jpeg 98FCA646-514F-4158-8176-E52A1057E937.jpeg

I’ve wanted that so many times - half moons especially. But never managed to find a reasonable pair.

But I am sorry to waste everyone’s time. Decided to return the stone. It’s pretty but similar to my existing ones IRL

That's what I thought too about it being too similar. But didn't want to say earlier and rain on your parade.

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That's what I thought too about it being too similar. But didn't want to say earlier and rain on your parade.

Aww please feel free to tell me anytime! I would love your honest opinion.

I don’t know what it is about gems, but I really gravitate to similar colours. In this one I’ve made the sensible decision not to repeat but I haven’t always been so sensible .

I have two lovely mahenge spinels in the same colour range and I keep thinking I should sell one because they are similar, and I just can’t ! ;)2

Last edited:

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Now that we are here anyway I feel like I MUST share my latest jewelery purchase which I am so keeping. It’s my wedding band in the pics above and few new ones in this post! Ok so no gems but it’s truly a treasure and I can’t believe I got it for the price I Did! Highly recommend ThomasO jewelry.

So I’ve been married for two years but not had a wedding band because in India women wear their engagement rings as a sign of marriage. But when I moved to Singapore people wear bands so my husband decided to buy me one for our anniversary!

7F4B39A9-CBEE-4843-8B58-1FA0FAADBEE2.jpeg 0023F244-3BF7-4473-8AB0-6CAEEF561B24.jpeg
5C8E5A19-FA35-4A4B-9556-81AE0250E7DE.jpeg

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
E0BE05D4-9E14-4B2B-9532-B48F046D41C0.jpeg
So this tourmaline purchase fell through, but thank you so much for your kind offer. I think you should make a loooong necklace out of some of these yum rubellites
I did a layout, but I think the cost of creating such a necklace would be pretty prohibitive- I have 2 earring projects and 1 ring project to do first (plus another 3 ring projects if I want to utilize the rubies or other yellow sapphires).

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
E0BE05D4-9E14-4B2B-9532-B48F046D41C0.jpeg
I did a layout, but I think the cost of creating such a necklace would be pretty prohibitive- I have 2 earring projects and 1 ring project to do first (plus another 3 ring projects if I want to utilize the rubies or other yellow sapphires).

Looks like it’s make a pretty necklace ! Maybe alternate with the tanzanites. You could always sell some extra ones and use that to fund some projects =)2

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Now that we are here anyway I feel like I MUST share my latest jewelery purchase which I am so keeping. It’s my wedding band in the pics above and few new ones in this post! Ok so no gems but it’s truly a treasure and I can’t believe I got it for the price I Did! Highly recommend ThomasO jewelry.

So I’ve been married for two years but not had a wedding band because in India women wear their engagement rings as a sign of marriage. But when I moved to Singapore people wear bands so my husband decided to buy me one for our anniversary!

7F4B39A9-CBEE-4843-8B58-1FA0FAADBEE2.jpeg 0023F244-3BF7-4473-8AB0-6CAEEF561B24.jpeg
5C8E5A19-FA35-4A4B-9556-81AE0250E7DE.jpeg

Your husband is a sweetie! Happy Anniversary! Enjoy your beautiful new ring! :appl:

Miki Moto

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
5026357C-ADF2-4824-8B4E-D7B7E2254A51.jpeg @Bron357 Hi! You should do a whole thread with all your goodies! On those stones, which I am sure you have tons of other stones... here is a parure that I really like... clean and simple but makes a statement. I want to do something like this but with smaller stones, a clean modern setting is how it looks to me.

Maybe something like this for all you beautiful gems. I could probably stare at your gemstone case for days!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results