shape
carat
color
clarity

Turquoise cabs from gem show today

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I posted in the hangout section about a gem show in San Francisco this weekend. If you''re in the area check it out! There''s an educational room and a room with things to buy. I was on a strict budget but wanted to find some cabs to play with in class. Wound up finding some nice untreated American cabs for super cheap ( will need to be backed ). Two with a matching matrix for earrings and an oval for a ring. Plus I discovered I really like sugilite! Bought two of those for $10.00 each! Plus a $5.00 moonstone. Now I can still afford the pink tourmaline cab I''ve been wanting and I have stuff for class :) Yay!

turquoise cabs312.jpg

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Sorry about the bad pics.

sugilite12.jpg

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!!

I love turquoise, and the moonstone is gorgeous too. I didn''t know sugilite was purple, I wasn''t expecting that!

What are you planning to do with the moonstone?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
very pretty! I too love that moonstone. what size approximately? and what will you do with it?

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies! The moonstone is 12mm and it''s shaped like a gum drop. I''m pretty sure I''ll make it into a ring or a pendant. I''d been wanting one for a long time.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Cool stones, innerkitten. Your class sounds like so much fun. You''ll have to show us what you make.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i''m a fan of sugelite and your pieces look good!

mz

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a fun time you must have had. I love sugilite and moonstones and you have both!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock

Icekid, It''s such a fun class. I just wish it was more than once a week.

MZ and Chrono, I''m new to sugilite and love the color. But I hardly saw any at the gem show. So weird. One dealer had ( and I probably should have bought one because I never see it anywhere) was hydrogrossular garnet in pretty peachy melon colors.

One dealer had the largest collection of benitoite I''ve ever seen in person. It is our state stone after all!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes, you should have gotten that garnet! and posted pictures here!

mz

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Love them, Michelle!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous stones, I LOVE that moonstone.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results