shape
carat
color
clarity

Turquoise beads?

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Daisys and Diamonds yes I hear you on the tools. Sadly my husband despite being the most prolific diyer that I know only has one set of pliers as he is bizarrely tight about tools :lol:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds yes I hear you on the tools. Sadly my husband despite being the most prolific diyer that I know only has one set of pliers as he is bizarrely tight about tools :lol:

i feel your pain
i have had to buy all my own tools for any minor DIY project ive undertaken myself
but i don't have a Makita budget like him :mrgreen2:
but lucky over the years ive seen so many customer returns i got to know what cheap stuff is actually good value and doesn't get returned

don't tell anyone but i have a $28 palm sander :mrgreen2:
if i kill it, it will have died a valiant death :mrgreen2:

i guess, getting back to pliers a husband is less likely to try to lay claim on a pink set
how ever nail polish is also terribly useful !

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was just looking through some business cards and found one from a lovely ( very nice) dealer who specializes in Persian turquoise. I saw some amazing beads last Fall. they are not cheap, but he is connected with the mines and can advise or perhaps create custom strands...in case anyone is interested. I have not purchased from him but was impressed with the beads and cabs.
Www.top-turquoise.com

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just pulled the trigger on some beads :D

Last edited:

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Austina, I know nothing about stringing beads . I’m thinking about getting some pearls for my Mum so would have to learn for that too. Where’s the best place to get the things you mention from and any recommendations for how to vids?

A good place for tutorials is at firemountaingems.com and artbeads.com.

My favourite tools are Lindstrom RX or the OHM. The Lindstrom RX are quite expensive but if you plan on doing a lot of bead work they are well worth the cost. I like OHM short round nosed pliers for loops. I have arthritic and small hands so it was important to me to get ergonomic tools. :)

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I did put a smiley on that message but it’s disappeared
A good place for tutorials is at firemountaingems.com and artbeads.com.

My favourite tools are Lindstrom RX or the OHM. The Lindstrom RX are quite expensive but if you plan on doing a lot of bead work they are well worth the cost. I like OHM short round nosed pliers for loops. I have arthritic and small hands so it was important to me to get ergonomic tools. :)

thanks I will have a look!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Which beads did you go for @meely?

curiosity_thrills

Rough_Rock
Have you tried googling trading posts in AZ and NM? Or individual shops that specialize in turquoise? There are many that sell online, both new products and vintage. If you are wanting genuine Native American pieces these might offer better options than some more generic bead sellers.

Hi @EAB, do you havre any shops, in particular, you can recommend, preferably ones that sell online? I'm looking to purchase a few strands of turquoise beads and am finding it very difficult to find any trustworthy sources.

I'd also welcome any Etsy shop recommendations that anyone might have for turquoise beads.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results