shape
carat
color
clarity

tungsten rings w/precious metal inlay

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pivotalrex

Rough_Rock
I''m trying to decide what type of tungsten wedding ring to get. Does anyone have one with platinum, palladium, or white gold for an inlay? How is the inlay holding up? I know tungsten should hold its shine but I''m curious about the inlay and how well it holds up over time.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can''t help you with platinum, white gold or palladium but my hubby wears one that has an 18kt yellow gold inlay [see below]. He''s had it for about a year now and it is holding up perfectly. No marks or scratches at all and he is very hard on his rings. He loves it.

Attachments

• tungstenwr02.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 182

pivotalrex

Rough_Rock
thanks catmom, that''s a nice looking ring!

soggylumber

Rough_Rock
The gold inlay will scratch much easier than your tungsten, but you can change your style a bit to limit how much it gets scratched. For example I made my inlay grooved instead of flat across the ring like this one from www.thetungstenring.com

tungstenring1.jpg

pivotalrex

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the link soggy. I like your idea regarding the inlay. I actually had ordered an Artcarved "corona" ring with the white gold inlay. Believe it or not the white gold inlay was scratched when I opened the box. The jeweler was good at giving me a full refund but said this was a common problem with this type of ring. But before I even wore it?

For some reason I really like the inlayed rings, just don''t want to have a scratchproof, polished ring with a beat up inlay either. Maybe the Halo ring is the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results