shape
carat
color
clarity

Tundra Diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

troonie

Rough_Rock
I am going to Canada and would like to pick up
a Tundra mined diamond. I figure that the exchange
rate should yield me a great deal. What are your
thoughts? I'm in the market for 2-3 carat.
I was in Halifax last week and was quoted
$12,000 Canadian for each carat. Seems way pricey.
Help

geo10000

Rough_Rock
Hello Troonie, tell us some more about the diamond you were quoted...clarity, color, cut percentages.

troonie

Rough_Rock
I wish I could. She showed me one, the only one
she had. There was a big jewelry show in Montreal
and all the diamonds were there. I'm pretty sure
she figured I wanted A1 color and quality and then
said that in general, it's about $12K per carat.

Have you had experience with any of the Tundra
diamonds in Atlanta?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Give him a call. He is a great person and used to post on this forum as StevL[/u]

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hello,

Yes I was one of the first to sell the Tundra diamond. It is Canadian but sold from a NY diamond dealer. He started the Tundra concept. Yes I could still get Tundra for anyone.

The NY dealer I love like a brother. I have dealt with them for many years and spent 100s of thousands with them. I do not stock the Tundra at this time, I decided (a business decision) to carry the Canadia brand instead. It is exactly the same product as the Tundra just not as expensive.

It has the NWT Certificate, a GIA or AGS report, and is Gemprinted. A very minor thing but I like the Maple Leaf inscription better than the word Tundra inscribed (I certainly wouldn't buy it because of this).

Just to note, I do not believe either of these brands have a 2 to 3 carat diamond of any quality. The diamonds coming from Canada to cut this size are very rare. Last I spoke with Tundra I do not remember anything over about a 1.25 carat and I know as of a couple weeks ago Canadia had a couple just over 1.5 carat diamonds.

Hope this help, and we are only 3 hour from Atlanta :)

Not sure if it is up yet but check out www.canadiadiamonds.com

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I quickly check the Canadia inventory and they have some AGS Ideals (000) on the 1.50 to 1.60 size and they have some premium cuts (they call them this, we need more info) in the same size ranges.

ps: this inventory list could be a little out dated

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
leonid,

Check out my new web site, just put it online a few hours ago :)

Not as nice as yours but I'm trying :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results