shape
carat
color
clarity

Tulipset shots...before and after

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, here is my diamond in the YG tulipset with the 12,3,6,9 o''clock prongs...

tulipset side a.jpg

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
And after, in WG with the prongs rotated...I like it better this way

MVC-024F.JPG

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
another shot

MVC-031F.JPG

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
and another

MVC-030F.JPG

abbott

Shiny_Rock
Very... pretty, Very....dainty..... Abbott

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks great, good job!!!
36.gif

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
looking straight down

MVC-029F.JPG

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
I agree, very nice! Also, while I know the new prong position was a surprise, I am so glad you like it better...I think I do too!

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
Here is my new garnet ring with the tiny diamonds. It''s done with both white and yellow gold in the mounting.

MVC-027F.JPG

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks guys. I''m pleased with it. Now my next thing to deal with is what to put with it??? After the fiasco that was my white gold diamond band, I''m a bit gun shy! Should I just go with a plain white gold band, try again with getting my diamonds set, or just buy a new one? What to do?
33.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think the wg tulip setting with the rotated prongs looks great! Glad it turned out well for you. If it were me I might try getting someone else to reset the diamonds in a band again...are there any other local prospects that come well recommended? I''d be hesitant to give someone the job having never seen any of their work.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I love those tulip prongs! I agree that they look better rotated like they are now.

You know my opinion on the band....
11.gif

I think you should try again to get a 5-stone white gold band made.

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
I love your re-set and the new prong postions- perfection!!!!

please don''t give up on your diamond band- the jewelry gods
3.gif
are sure to smile on you now, after all that you''ve been through!!!!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Looks great!
30.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Oh I love it! I am really loving tulip set rings!!
30.gif
30.gif

Glad everything came out okay!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Rotating the prongs DID make it even better!
9.gif
So pretty & feminine!
30.gif
Congrats!
1.gif

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/26/2005 8
6.gif
6.gif
2 AM
Author: Jennifer5973
Rotating the prongs DID make it even better!
9.gif
So pretty & feminine!
30.gif
Congrats!
1.gif

Thank you. I am glad that I like the prongs rotated this way...although it's not the standard way that tulipset rings are done. The jeweler took a risk by doing this, cuz I didn't ask him to and was expecting the prongs to look just like the typical tulipset prongs for a RB solitaire. It was a fortunate cooincidence that I ended up liking it this way. I asked the mananger, out of curiosity, why he had done this, and she had no clue! THIS time it worked out, but I am not happy with this jeweler anymore. This is the second time he's done things "his way" instead of "my way". The other time, with the diamond band ring, I didn't like the way that he set the ring. His refusual to redo it and make it the way I wanted it upset me a lot. And even though in this instance everything turned out ok, it bothers me that this guy thinks he can just do whatever he wants with people's jewelry and they are supposed to like it! He's only got a 50/50 chance of making his customers happy when he does this. I know sometimes the jeweler probably has a better idea of how something should be done than the customer. But I honestly think he owes it to the customer to explain why he thinks things should be done differently, and at least get the customer's input and blessing before he changes anything.

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
Love, love, love the tulip setting. AND your garnet is fantastic!!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results