Tucked or Untucked?

• 1. Tucked

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • 2. Untucked

Votes: 29 76.3%

• Total voters

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
FH and I disagree on making the bed. I like the covers tucked while he likes them untucked. So we end up leaving his side of the bed untucked and tucking mine in. How do you feel about this?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Un

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SO needs more sheets/blanket length on his half of our bed than I. He used to complain that I was a blanket hog, so I tried to resolve the situation when making our bed by making it basically uneven with an extra 6" of over hang on his side. It's been working so far. We don't tuck in the sheets, neither of us like feeling "stuck."

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Untucked for us!

For whatever reason though.. when I go to hotels, I looooove when its tucked!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Autumnovember|1313650351|2993190 said:
Untucked for us!

Ha! Me, too. I think I love knowing that someone else has made the bed!!!

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
monarch64|1313651001|2993195 said:
Autumnovember|1313650351|2993190 said:
Untucked for us!

Ha! Me, too. I think I love knowing that someone else has made the bed!!!

Yes! That too! They tuck it so much better than I can!

P.s. I've missed you :halo:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Un!

DH is bizarrely picky about how he sleeps. His feet and arms *must* be uncovered, and his chest and stomach *must* be covered. He'll pull a blanket 'round his middle even in the middle of summer, it's so strange!

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
its not strange... its snug!

But I can sleep in the woods in a ditch half filled with rain on a rucksack if I NEED to. I'd rather not of course. Snug is nice...

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Both of us like to roll up like burritos, so we end up splitting the blankets in the night usually- I snitch the thick comforter, he takes the thinner top blankie. Sometimes we fight over them though! Pointless to tuck them, one of us will invariably yank them out very quickly.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't vote... I like tucked he likes untucked... I would say because he is tall but I am tall too... Maybe I am lazy. It's easier to make in the morning. At least on my side!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Untucked!!!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
mayerling|1313648636|2993180 said:
FH and I disagree on making the bed. I like the covers tucked while he likes them untucked. So we end up leaving his side of the bed untucked and tucking mine in.

What a good compromise -- I'm impressed! You guys have a great future!

Untucked for us, but we have a latex foam mattress -- I LOVE it for my back, except it is so incredibly heavy, forget tucking things in every day.

DH likes heavy layers of blankets. Won't hear of an electric, etc., one. Down here in Dixie he's had to do without them even in winter, though grumpily.

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
I always make a bed tucked but when we're sleeping it is untucked because our feet move around. I just think a tucked, nicely made bed looks so pretty.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Definitely untucked! I hate when sheets are tucked in because it makes me feel trapped and squishes my feet. I untuck the covers at a hotel the second I get into bed!

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
Why bother making the bed? I don't. It's not like anybody will be allowed to tour my bedroom and I would see my effort exactly three times - when I make it - when I change clothes - when I tear off the covers for bed. My time is better used on my makeup :cheeky: But, since you like a tucked in side which requires making it - I like untucked so that I can fling my feet around and tuck everything tightly under my feet :cheeky:

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Flat sheet tucked but all blankets,throws and comforters definitely untucked.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
We leave ours untucked. We are tossers. Also, our bedspreads both have patterns with detailing on the outside that should be seen.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
I can't sleep if I'm too free, and DH can't sleep if he's tucked in, so we leave his side untucked and tuck mine in. We actually started setting up the bed like two beds. We have one bottom sheet, but separate top sheets and duvets. We make up the bed as two and then put one big duvet over the top to hide our weirdness!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't make our bed, we have separate top sheets and blankets, and nothing is tucked or anything. We don't have houseguests or host any sort of events in our home besides maybe 2 or 3 times a year my mother in law comes. I make her bed, but she doesn't remake it at any time during the stay. We are a bunch of slobs I think.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I can't even recall the last time I made my bed. When I leave in the morning DH is still passed out, and he hates having a sheet at all (an argument I have finally lost...sigh), so he leaves the top blanket just sort of rolled up wherever he left it. Good thing no one ever sees that room but us!

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Untucked...it has nothing to do with being comfortable when we sleep...I'm just too lazy to tuck it all in.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Untucked.

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
As the daughter of a nurse, when I make a bed I tuck in the sheets and blanket (and I make a mean hospital corner too). Sadly, our bed goes unmade during the week since DH is still in bed when I leave the house.

maplefemme

Brilliant_Rock
stephb0lt|1313686175|2993462 said:
As the daughter of a nurse, when I make a bed I tuck in the sheets and blanket (and I make a mean hospital corner too). Sadly, our bed goes unmade during the week since DH is still in bed when I leave the house.

That's funny, we are the opposite. Between our medical/military careers we completely rebel at home...
No mitered bedsheets in our house allowed!!!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do not make the bed or even fold the sheets when I put throw in the cupboard.
I see no reason to.

I do, however fold towels, but only because that's the only way to get all of them to fit in the cupboard.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1313654457|2993211 said:
Un!

DH is bizarrely picky about how he sleeps. His feet and arms *must* be uncovered, and his chest and stomach *must* be covered. He'll pull a blanket 'round his middle even in the middle of summer, it's so strange!

that's exactly how i sleep!! :-o

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
kenny|1313686792|2993472 said:
I do, however fold towels, but only because that's the only way to get all of them to fit in the cupboard.
I fold them in half lengthwise and then roll em.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
As long as the comforter is longer than the mattress and it drapes down nicely, we leave the top sheet and blanket untucked on the sides. We tuck them in at the foot of the bed though. We've had a few comforters that were short on the sides and it really bothered me.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Zoe|1313687760|2993478 said:
As long as the comforter is longer than the mattress and it drapes down nicely, we leave the top sheet and blanket untucked on the sides. We tuck them in at the foot of the bed though. We've had a few comforters that were short on the sides and it really bothered me.
Same. I make the bed and usually tuck, but then untuck when I turn down the sheets at night...when I've bothered making the bed. I require a sheet around my middle, even if it is just a topsheet. I prefer one foot outside the sheets, even in the dead of winter, and that typically just gets stuck out the side.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I tuck my side and leave his untucked. He's 6'7" so a tucked sheet would give him enough room.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results