• 1. Tucked

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • 2. Untucked

Votes: 29 76.3%

• Total voters

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I have a goosedown quilt, in a white cotton cover. Nothing else, there's nothing to tuck in, just the quilt. I don't like extra sheets and stuff and I don't like the bed to be made when we get out of it. I prefer to air out the mattress for a good few hours every day. I'm almost obsessively picky about how and where I sleep, though.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Hubby makes a bed really well. He prefers tucked.

Unfortunately, bedmaking is my department and I could care less, I just kind of toss stuff around.

Yup.

When guests are coming, he makes the bed. :bigsmile:

soocool

Ideal_Rock
Untucked...it's going to be untucked later anyway for the dog to hide under the sheets.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
thing2of2|1313671664|2993268 said:
Definitely untucked! I hate when sheets are tucked in because it makes me feel trapped and squishes my feet. I untuck the covers at a hotel the second I get into bed!

Ditto.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
untucked all the way! oddly, both DH and i don't like sheets - we get all tangled up in 'em. and we each like our own cocoons, so i finally gave up fighting with him over the comforter and got him his own! i just lay them on top of each other and throw a decorative quilt over it that hangs nicely and covers the comforters - then at night it is a flurry of blankets as we get settled. :cheeky:

Yssie|1313654457|2993211 said:
Un!

DH is bizarrely picky about how he sleeps. His feet and arms *must* be uncovered, and his chest and stomach *must* be covered. He'll pull a blanket 'round his middle even in the middle of summer, it's so strange!

I sleep like that too! Except in the winter I sometimes burrow and cover my head.

My legs get soooo warm. Plus I feel claustrophobic in sheets. This year was the first year in probably 15 years that I slept with a flat sheet.

Dh and I CAN NOT share blankets, so we each have our own set on our king bed. We make it so they are all on the bed, but at night we divide up the blankets. It's completely weird, I know, but I tend to yank and pull them and twist and turn in my sleep. When we tried sharing he would always end up with a tiny corner.

Just easier this way.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
bean|1313712778|2993830 said:
Yssie|1313654457|2993211 said:
Un!

DH is bizarrely picky about how he sleeps. His feet and arms *must* be uncovered, and his chest and stomach *must* be covered. He'll pull a blanket 'round his middle even in the middle of summer, it's so strange!

I sleep like that too! Except in the winter I sometimes burrow and cover my head.

My legs get soooo warm. Plus I feel claustrophobic in sheets. This year was the first year in probably 15 years that I slept with a flat sheet.

Dh and I CAN NOT share blankets, so we each have our own set on our king bed. We make it so they are all on the bed, but at night we divide up the blankets. It's completely weird, I know, but I tend to yank and pull them and twist and turn in my sleep. When we tried sharing he would always end up with a tiny corner.

Just easier this way.
Haha, yes that's exactly it. The blankets appear to be a huge pile but they're split up between us in the night. I often roll myself up like a mummy. Apparently I do all sorts of weird stuff in my sleep besides the blanket-snitching, who knew?

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
mayerling|1313648636|2993180 said:
FH and I disagree on making the bed. I like the covers tucked while he likes them untucked. So we end up leaving his side of the bed untucked and tucking mine in. How do you feel about this?

We do this. Exactly.

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
When I make the bed, I tuck in the bottom and do a modified hospital corner. If I didn't tuck in the bottom of the sheet, it would end up on the floor as DH kicks it to the bottom of the bed.

DRIVES ME CRAZY.

I'm ordinarily a very neat sleeper. I don't really have to make the bed except to pull the sheet and duvet up. He, on the other hand, twists and turns sheets and they end up nowhere near where they started.

I'm hoping when we have a king-sized bed it at least makes things somewhat better...

BTW - wouldn't it be cooler if a full-sized bed was a Jack and a twin was an Ace?

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
sillyberry|1313714682|2993859 said:
I'm ordinarily a very neat sleeper. I don't really have to make the bed except to pull the sheet and duvet up.

::snip::

BTW - wouldn't it be cooler if a full-sized bed was a Jack and a twin was an Ace?

1) I am the SAME as the bolded. So is DH. So we don't bother making the bed because there's nothing to sort out, straighten, or fix. We can just hop right back in the next night.
2) YES, that would be SO much cooler. I STILL don't know why the smallest bed is called a twin when it's CLEARLY only meant to sleep ONE person.

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
vc10um|1313716235|2993869 said:
sillyberry|1313714682|2993859 said:
I'm ordinarily a very neat sleeper. I don't really have to make the bed except to pull the sheet and duvet up.

::snip::

1) I am the SAME as the bolded. So is DH. So we don't bother making the bed because there's nothing to sort out, straighten, or fix. We can just hop right back in the next night.
2) YES, that would be SO much cooler. I STILL don't know why the smallest bed is called a twin when it's CLEARLY only meant to sleep ONE person.
The plague of college freshmen everywhere!

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
I wish I could modify the poll because I realise that my question is not very clear; when I say "tucked", I mean tucked at the bottom, not on the sides like hotel beds or hospitals.

Also, like many of you have said, one of the reasons I liked tucked is because I'm such a neat sleeper that when things are tucked I can hop in and out of bed without needing to make it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results