shape
carat
color
clarity

Tsavorite with Cat's Eye Emerald?

Desertrose

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Has anyone ever done a tsavorite/emerald combo? I have this cats' eye emerald cab, and a few round tsavorite, and was thinking of using them together. I'm kind of liking how the light green of the tsavorite picks up the flash of schiller in the emerald. (It doesn't have a real strong line of a cat's eye, so maybe someone can correct me if this effect has a different name.)

Just wondering if anyone has done something like this and how it turned out, photos would be great!

Here are the stones under incandescent light, trying to show the emerald's sheen:

img_13664.jpg

img_13665.jpg

img_13666.jpg

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have an imperial jade with emerald side stones. I bought it from the store that way. Maybe it is close to your idea. Your tsavorites look lighter so I think it would look even better.

image_1238.jpg

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
Hi Desertrose,
I think your combination of stones looks great, and will make for a very nice ring. The emerald and tsavs have just enough contrast to create interest, and the colours go well together. Will love to see what you come up with for a design.

And Seaglow, your ring is really lovely!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Desertrose
I really like the combo.They go well.

Desertrose

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hi Seaglow, Garnetgirl and Rfisher - thanks for your input! It's nice to have another set of eyes to check things out and make sure it's a good idea. It seems fun to have a green-green-green ring! I'll post pics when it gets done, though it might be awhile, have several projects in the pipeline :naughty:

Thanks!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results