shape
carat
color
clarity

Tsavorite garnet price quote?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sarahthewarrior

Shiny_Rock
Hi guys,

After reading a lot of the material in the forums on here and looking at pictures of all your gorgeous rings, I''ve decided to go with tsavorite garnet sidestones for my engagement ring. My diamond is just over half a carat (my boyfriend just got it yesterday--I''ll try to post pictures in RockyTalky later today), so we''re looking for a matched pair of tsavorite garnets in the 4mm range. We''ve called several jewelers, but prices for these sidestones have ranged from $165 each to over $500 each. Could anyone tell me what we should expect to pay? Also, is it worth trying to find a pair ourselves? He is currently in Michigan, and I''m in New York City--all we have left to get is this pair of stones.

Thanks so much,
Sarah

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
$500 each sounds very pricey. $500/carat should get you some very nice tsavorites. The price of tsavorites is going to depend largely on what shade of green you want.

This pair is $325/carat (at acstones.com)
TG-4967B.jpg

And this pair is $475/carat (again at acstones.com)
TG-5599C.jpg

I''m sure a part of the price increase has to do with the cut, but I''m betting that most of it has to do with the color.

sarahthewarrior

Shiny_Rock
We''re looking for the darker shade like in the second picture you posted--possibly a bit lighter. The $165 quote did specify that they were for a lighter color, but $500 each sounded outrageous to me, considering the size of these stones. They''re not going to be anywhere near a carat. Does anyone know of any vendors in the NYC area that might be willing to find just this pair of stones for me at a reasonable price? I''d hate to make my boyfriend spend nearly as much on the sidestones as on the diamond. (Pictures of my diamond and future setting are posted in RockyTalky now, too.)

sarahthewarrior

Shiny_Rock
Sorry, I forgot to mention that I''m looking for a round pair.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
cherrypicked.com has some gorgeous tsavs. They don't have anything currently that small, but I have heard that they're super nice to work with and the quality is fantastic. Couldn't hurt to give them a call...

ETA: Don't know if they would let you go to their offices, but they are in NYC.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Richard M also has several matched pairs of russian demandtoid garnets. They have the light return of a diamond and could be beautiful as well, just throwing this option out there!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Wink found my 1.42ct tsavorite for me.

Good cut and quality will cost, so you probably need to decide what is important to you. Do you just want pretty green stones or do you want amazing green stones with great cut?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results