shape
carat
color
clarity

Tsavorite from Tan finally set!

Jeweljunke

Shiny_Rock
It took me a while to do it, but I finally got my finished ring back today. I took photos real fast so nothing artsy or even that good photo wise. And I have to admit that I copied TL in my choice of rose gold for the tsavorite. I did my fav of making puddles of gold chains in different colors and setting the stone on top, and I had to agree with TL that rose gold so compliments a tsavorite. Here are some fast photos.

img_0208.jpg

img_0212.jpg

img_0210.jpg

And old lady hands:
img_0045_0.jpg

jbkhere

Brilliant_Rock
BEAUTIFUL!!! All my favs! Halo, rose gold, pear love it :love: Congrats!!

Jeweljunke

Shiny_Rock
Thank you JBK. This is the LAST pear shape for me for a while. The last 3 or 4 stones I set were all pears. I need to move on. What next?

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is GORGEOUS, Jeweljunke!!! I love the RG with the green tsav - it really makes it pop! And that setting --- love the euro shank, the halo and the pave - awesome! Did you mention where the setting was from and I missed it on another thread??? It is a beauty!

(and your hands look lovely!!! What's this 'old lady stuff'???)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful and we need more close ups of the gallery too. Why does it have little beads at the squared off shank? I thought sizing beads are inside so what are these?

Jeweljunke

Shiny_Rock
Dear Enerchi, you are always so positive and supportive. Thank you so much for your kind words (about old lady hands; I still can't get used to looking down and seeing my 'mother's hands' :errrr: ).

And Chrono, I am always so thrilled to get your thumbs up. I do feel the stone is a little darker than I had hoped, but I can always look for another ;)) Maybe in a cushion? Oh, and here are some vendor photos of the setting. I had it done in 18k rose gold, and asked for just three prongs instead of the five they show, and they did a really nice job, although the 'air line' that was in the vendor's photo is missing in my finished ring, maybe because they changed the prongs for me. But I think I'm liking they way they did change it. But I still wonder if more light would have reached the stone if the 'air line' was kept.

Almost forgot, the beads you are seeing are bezel set diamonds. The full diamond weight for the setting is .95ct.

613.jpg

613__1_.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
That setting is a beauty! I love the colour RG metal they used - 14K or 18K? - and the little details on it are amazing! The gallery and the surprise diamonds - PERFECT!! That can't possibly be an LOGR setting --- please tell us it's a custom order from someone special!! (and you got it for a STEAL of a deal :naughty: )

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a beautiful ring, and it sits so well on your hand! Rose gold looks amazingly well with the green of the stone. Congratulations.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very very pretty and as a fan of pears I must insist you carry on buying more! Wear it in good health.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It turned out great and is very substantial for a tsavorite. Isn't it over 2 carats or around that size if I remember correctly.

Quite lovely.

Jeweljunke

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Arkteia!

LOL Enerchi. I did get what I consider a deal on it. It is 18k rose with almost full ct of vvs diamonds. The vendor is diamondmounts on ebay, they are listed in the PS ebay vendor list, but they did not have this particular mounting. I saw it elsewhere and asked diamondmounts if they could do it and they could. Funny, but I have never bought one setting from LOGR. And, I'm sorry ;( , but not even for you Enerchi will I buy and set another pear. I've done an emerald pear, ruby pear, mahenge pear and now this. Ugh! enough with the pears already!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jeweljunke|1344732122|3249945 said:
Thank you Arkteia!

LOL Enerchi. I did get what I consider a deal on it. It is 18k rose with almost full ct of vvs diamonds. The vendor is diamondmounts on ebay, they are listed in the PS ebay vendor list, but they did not have this particular mounting. I saw it elsewhere and asked diamondmounts if they could do it and they could. Funny, but I have never bought one setting from LOGR. And, I'm sorry ;( , but not even for you Enerchi will I buy and set another pear. I've done an emerald pear, ruby pear, mahenge pear and now this. Ugh! enough with the pears already!

Awesome about the diamondmounts info - thank you! I'll check that out... I bought 2 settings that have both had problems from 2 different eBay vendors. I know one was Jewellryhoo and can not remember who the other one was. Your setting totally rocks - I am in lust over it!

and no, not me about the pears, it was LD who wanted you to keep on with the pears!! I'm happy to see anything that anyone wants to post!! (i'm kind of "non-monogamous" when it comes to my bling interests - :lol: :lol:) I'll look at and admire anything and I always enjoy a good picture or two or TWO HUNDRED, I have no limits!!! :bigsmile:

peasypeas

Rough_Rock
that color and that rose gold just beautiful!

Jeweljunke

Shiny_Rock
Oh my oh my....see what happens when you get old...you mix up the post comments. Well, to LD, nope...no more pears! I want...let's see... round and cushion, and maybe trillion....

Hi TL. It's just over 2cts.

Justin_Cutter

Brilliant_Rock
Wow!!! That setting is absolutely beautiful! I love it!

~Justin

txgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Did you send your stone to the ebay vendor to set or did someone close to you set the stone?

Jeweljunke

Shiny_Rock
I did send it to the vendor to set. They did a great job.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are certainly brave to send a 2 carat tsavorite to China! (Is that where it was sent?) I think it is the very enclosed gallery and side-around halo that is blocking the light. Perhaps the slight air-line might have helped.

Jeweljunke

Shiny_Rock
Yep Chrono, I sent it to China. But I had to take a deep breath on that one when I put it in the hands of the USPS. :o

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results