shape
carat
color
clarity

Tsavorite eternity band - what do you think?

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
So I purchased the tsavorite band that was talked about in this thread:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/anyone-with-a-4-75-5-0-size-finger-with-a-love-of-green.159419/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/anyone-with-a-4-75-5-0-size-finger-with-a-love-of-green.159419/[/URL]

I just received it today and I'm torn! :rolleyes: Don't get me wrong, the band is absolutely GORGEOUS and it fits my finger perfectly, but its a tad uncomfortable. The listing said the width is 2.2mm and the thickness is 1.5mm. However, it is almost 3mm wide (which I'm fine with) but its 2.2mm thick and with the milgrain on the edges, its rubbing into my middle and pinky fingers. I'm wondering if I will get used to this though? Does anyone else have this issue with rings with milgrain on them? I'm wondering if its just because the ring sticks out so far, I usually like bands that sit flatter on my fingers. The other thing is, it doesn't a 14K stamp anywhere on it, is this normal if it is maybe an older piece of jewelry? I don't really think its fake or anything, the seller is very well rated, just something I noticed.

Well, I'll stop yapping and post some pics. Let me know what you guys think. Am I being too picky? Or should I return it? I have 7 days to decide so I'm at least going to think about it for a few...

april 2011 033.JPG

april 2011 042.JPG

april 2011 043.JPG

april 2011 036.JPG

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
A few more...

april 2011 046.JPG

april 2011 047.JPG

april 2011 030.JPG

april 2011 031.JPG

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that ring is beautiful. Take it to a trusted jeweler and they can test the metal. It doesn't take very long at all. Do you plan on wearing it every day? That would matter to me as far as getting used to it. Is it painful or just funny feeling? Be really honest with yourself or it'll be wasted money.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Please get the band tested. That seller has been around a long time and they didn't always have such good feedback. In fact, the one time i emailed them about whether there is a stamp, i received a nasty response telling me not to bid on their item if i question their authority.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
If it is uncomfortable, then you should send it back. You shouldn't have to develop callouses to wear a ring.

then get some tsav melee from multicolour and have a non millgrain ring made jkt or DM or somewhere

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
texaskj - I will definitely make a point to stop at a local jeweler to have it tested, thanks for the suggestion. I don't think I'd plan to wear it everyday. Its not super painful, but I wore it for an hour or so at home after receiving it, and my middle finger is red from where it is rubbing.

ForteKitty - I'm glad you shared this. The ring feels so light that its almost weightless. I mean I know it shouldn't feel "heavy" but my other rings at least feel like they have some sort of substance to them. I won't assume anything until I have it tested though. Just something to think about.

VL - Thank you for suggestion! I didn't even think of that. I will check out multicolour's website. You're right though, I shouldn't feel like I need to convince myself to keep a ring that is uncomfortable. I'm going to try wearing it for a bit tomorrow and see if it still bugs me and I definitely plan to get it tested...

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
My ruby ebay win sits wide/high like that: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/wanna-see-my-epic-ebay-win.154051/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/wanna-see-my-epic-ebay-win.154051/..[/URL]. It's sort of uncomfortable, but after a while I don't notice it. I just don't wear it every day. If you love it and if you think it's an amazing deal, then it may be worth a little discomfort. Maybe you could talk to the seller about knocking a little off the price for misstating the size as well.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
My beaudry ring is 2mm thick, and when I first got it, I thought it was uncomfortable. It took a couple more wears, but then I totally got used to it and don't even notice it. However, I don't wear it when I have to grip anything or put my fingers close together, because then it REALLY hurts!

If it checks out OK, I think you should keep it...looks pretty!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
if its uncomfortable, its uncomfortable. i'd send it back.....and i'm loving the melee idea floated above!

MoZo

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have never gotten used to thick rings and I doubt I ever will. A good piece of jewellery should not only look beautiful, make you look beautiful but should also be comfortable for you to wear. More importantly, get the metal checked out at your local jeweller!

tsavvy

Shiny_Rock
It looks very pretty --- love the square step cut tsavs. Have you louped the stones? I purchased a *very* similar used tsavorite band and a number of the stones were chipped.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks VERY nice :love: But I agree with everyone. Get it checked out as you don't have a long return period. And also, if its not comfortable, don't keep it, send it back because you'll just end up not wearing it. *speaking from experience :nono: *

-A

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Stargurl, I agree with others that if it's not comfortable, return it. If you take it to be tested and it turns out not to be what it was represented as, please let us know. I'm going to feel terrible if my post led you to purchase from a seller that isn't on the up-and-up.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all for your advice! At least I won't feel bad if I decide to return it, which I am leaning towards doing. I didn't get a chance to get to my jeweler today but I'm definitely going to go tomorrow.

And yennyfire, I would not blame you at all if that were the case! But I will definitely let you all know if it turns out to be fake... Don't want to make any assumptions until I talk to my jeweler though.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring is pretty but if it is uncomfortable I would not wear it very much.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Although I like the engraving detail, it looks a bit awkward on you, due to the thickness. Send it back.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
It's really lovely, but I agree...if it's uncomfortable you won't wear it. So I'd send it back. Thanks for the pics!

ORRRRRRRR...you COULD keep it and put it on a chain to wear around your neck if you really like it. You'd see the beautiful engraving as a pendant, and those pretty tsavorites could peek out from the side every now and then...and still be protected from most damage. Just a thought.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
I thought I would update this thread to let you know that the ring was not fake, I brought it to a local jeweler to check it out. I did end up sending it back though because I just wasn't in love with it. And as TL stated, it really did look awkward on me.

The seller didn't seem to like it though when I told her that the band was thicker and wider than stated, telling me that I was incorrect and they use a caliper to measure the thickness and width. I did not receive a response when I told her I used the same device. However, once they received the band back, she confirmed that I was right. The band is now reposted if anyone is interested =)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Estate-Tsavorite-Etch-Eternity-Ring-Band-14K-White-Gold-/270744363080?pt=Vintage_Fine_Jewelry&hash=item3f099f2048

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad you returned it. It is so pretty too bad it was not comfortable to wear.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results