shape
carat
color
clarity

Trying to understand........

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, english is not my mothers tongue. Just want to make sure I understand the following correctly:

"........ will not be held liable for any damages to client''s property (such as, but not limited to diamonds, gemstones, jewelry)
while being worked on or as a result of being worked on."

Does it mean jeweler will not take responsibility for any damages to diamonds, gemstones during mounting?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/26/2009 5:45:59 AM
Author:megeve
Ok, english is not my mothers tongue. Just want to make sure I understand the following correctly:

'........ will not be held liable for any damages to client's property (such as, but not limited to diamonds, gemstones, jewelry)
while being worked on or as a result of being worked on.'

Does it mean jeweler will not take responsibility for any damages to diamonds, gemstones during mounting?
Hi Meg!
Basically to my understanding, yes that is what it is saying to include settings etc. So basically you have any work done at your own risk.

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Lorelei,
Thanks, you are such a dear. You are always there, when I need help! Okay, I will know how to proceed from here.

Another question:
If an appraiser made a typo on the clarity, typed in VS2 instead of VS1 as stated in GIA report and has told you that its a mistake, actually, appraised it as high VS1 on boderline to VVS2, but the appraiser report is still not corrected to VS1, how would you rate it? Leave it as such or get new report retype? How important is the report for the insurance, in case of future claim? Thanks, if you can answer this.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/26/2009 7:07:38 AM
Author: megeve
Hi Lorelei,
Thanks, you are such a dear. You are always there, when I need help! Okay, I will know how to proceed from here.

Another question:
If an appraiser made a typo on the clarity, typed in VS2 instead of VS1 as stated in GIA report and has told you that its a mistake, actually, appraised it as high VS1 on boderline to VVS2, but the appraiser report is still not corrected to VS1, how would you rate it? Leave it as such or get new report retype? How important is the report for the insurance, in case of future claim? Thanks, if you can answer this.
You are most welcome!

As to the second question, I would personally want this corrected and as it is a mistake the appraiser should do this without cost to you in a timely manner.

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, I thought so, too, just wanted to hear from another opinion. I am waiting to hear from the appraiser, hopefully soon.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2009 7:10:26 AM
Author: Lorelei

You are most welcome!

As to the second question, I would personally want this corrected and as it is a mistake the appraiser should do this without cost to you in a timely manner.
Absolutely. Because if you ever went to sell it, or had to replace it, that cert will determine price/replacement stone.

blastdoor

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/26/2009 7:07:38 AM
Hi Lorelei,

Thanks, you are such a dear. You are always there, when I need help!

ditto, ditto, and ditto...
21.gif

How important is the report for the insurance, in case of future claim? Thanks, if you can answer this.

it is especially important for insurance... since many insurance policies replaces stones based on what is stated in the appraisal used when underwriting the policy...

unless your policy specifically pays you back the amount stated on the appraissal instead of replacing the stone, the "appraised it as high VS1 on boderline to VVS2" part only results in a higer insurance premium you pay... and won't help you much if you ever need to make a claim..
8.gif

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Ellen,
Thats a good point! Will keep that in mind!

Blastdoor,
This is where I am not sure about. The insurance will replace on the GIA Report or on the Appraisal Report?

blastdoor

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/26/2009 9:32:39 AM

This is where I am not sure about. The insurance will replace on the GIA Report or on the Appraisal Report?

hmmm.. that is a good question... somehow the idea of the replacement being done based on the appraisal has always been stuck in my head, but your question made me realize i haven't done enough research on it to know the answer specifically yet, and neither have i made a claim before personally... so i could well be wrong..

but taking a step back, that is really one more good reason why you should get the appraisal set right, so that there won't be any dispute should there be a case of claim, no?

let's see if anyone else can chime in with more info, or alternatively you might want to call up some insurers and talk to them...

sorry i am not able to be of more help...
7.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2009 9:32:39 AM
Ellen,
Thats a good point! Will keep that in mind!

Blastdoor,
I believe they replace on the appraisal report (assuming there is one, if there was only a grading report, they would use that to replace), which usually includes the grading report info. If there is a discrepancy, it''s going to cause confusion/delay at the very least I would think.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results