shape
carat
color
clarity

Trying to stay patient...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skychick

Rough_Rock
I am trying hard to be patient, but it isn''t my strong suit. In fact, I should have been engaged a year and a half ago, but my patience got the best of me
7.gif

For my b-day in 2008, SO told me that my present was something I did but I had to be ready for it and he would know when the time was right. Long story short, I waited as long as I could before flipping out from waiting and told him this was wrong, I am in control of my life and I should make the decisions of when I am ready to do anything, blah, blah, you get the point. He just said ok.

A few months later I told him he was wrong because most women think e-ring and that was mean. He said okay again.

So, this Chritmas he tells me to let him know 3 reasonable things I want for Christmas. I just said I want something sparkly. He again tells me to give him 3 things. He says he could get me a cz fish bowl because those are sparkly. I told him that he is intelligent, I want something sparkly.

Then I ask if I was still supposed to be getting ready for whatever it was I was supposed to get ready for and he would know when I was ready. He answered yes, but maybe I was already ready. I asked if I was ready and he said I would know soon enough. I asked if I would know that''s what I was waiting for at the time and he said yes. Then he said that if I didn''t figure it out, he would tell me when he gives it to me.

So, I could be totally off base, but I think it is getting close. I also think he is going to get me something stupid for Christmas and do it the week after.

Oh yeah, our 6 year anniversary is today - but he is out of town.

I am SOOO not patient. My head is going to explode.
29.gif

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
It is so hard, isn't it? For me, I know it is coming soon, and I had really hoped it would be before or around Christmas, but now I'm not so sure. The other day he was asking me what I wanted for Christmas, and I wanted to say, "I want a ring," without actually having to say it. I said something about only wanting him, and he said, we both know that I'm going to get you something for Christmas, so it would be nice if you'd give me a few ideas and I can get you something you'd really like. I didn't want to give him ideas, because, like I said, all I want is the ring. I said something like, there's only one thing I want . . . . I hope he takes the hint, but I think he thinks I was just being coy and expect Christmas presents.

Anyway, I know how you feel. We should be happy that it is happening soon, but for some reason the more imminent it feels, the more impatient you get.

ETA: In my case, I know he ordered a ring awhile back, and I've got to think he has a ring in his possession....

rierie26

Shiny_Rock
LOL. Waiting does suck, especially if you know it''s coming. I would rather have "something stupid" for Christmas and then a ring a week after if it meant that I would be getting a ring in a few weeks! Besides if your bf is really going to do it that way, then you get a present and a ring!
36.gif

I''m so not shy about asking for the ring. When dear bf asked me what I wanted for Xmas, I told him a ring with meaning and a "question" to go with it. The second time he asked me, I said something that comes in a small, velvet box. That way if he doesn''t get me a ring, maybe I''d get a nice pair of earrings!
31.gif
Knowing him though, he''s probably going to get me chocolate. Blech.

perfect10

Rough_Rock
I understand exactly how you feel. I am not patient either and not really one for surprises, yet last night S told me last night that I need to just decide on a setting by tonight. But he''s done this before and then doesn''t do anything with the information. So I''m not really thinking to much into our situation.

I hope your SO does the right thing and gets you something sparkly!!!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results