shape
carat
color
clarity

Trying to stay calm...anyone have advice?

kt

Shiny_Rock
So I have posted on here that I finally sent my peachy-pink spinel to DaneilM and Caren to set into a halo...so excited! I sent the spinel off Priority Mail, insured (thank goodness), but stupid me forgot to get a tracking number. At the same time, I also sent my LOGR setting back to Boston for a return (Priority Mail also), since I was having DanielM do it.

Well, the LOGR setting arrived on Tuesday after the hurricane, and I promptly got my refund - great! HOWEVER, my spinel STILL hasn't arrived in Salem, MA, which is NE of Boston. Caren has been checking the mail every day, but no luck.

I'm trying to stay calm, but I have NEVER had anything go missing from USPS. Expensive handbags, jewelry, beads - i've shipped it all and I've never had something get lost. Do you think it's because of the hurricane? But the Boston package already arrived...

Does anyone know, if I have an insurance tracking #, but no actual delivery confirmation #, can the PO still do anything to try to find my package? I am kicking myself at how dumb I was not to get a delivery confirmtion # but I can only plead I was trying to get a million things done before the hurricane on Saturday!!!! HELP!!!! Has anyone ever had a Priority Mail package take something like a week vs. the 2-3 days they say it should??? And while i have some comfort that the stone's value is covered, i've never seen another one like it, plus it was precision cut, and I absolutely loved it. ;(

THANKS...walk me off this cliff!!!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kt|1314926867|3007884 said:
So I have posted on here that I finally sent my peachy-pink spinel to DaneilM and Caren to set into a halo...so excited! I sent the spinel off Priority Mail, insured (thank goodness), but stupid me forgot to get a tracking number. At the same time, I also sent my LOGR setting back to Boston for a return (Priority Mail also), since I was having DanielM do it.

Well, the LOGR setting arrived on Tuesday after the hurricane, and I promptly got my refund - great! HOWEVER, my spinel STILL hasn't arrived in Salem, MA, which is NE of Boston. Caren has been checking the mail every day, but no luck.

I'm trying to stay calm, but I have NEVER had anything go missing from USPS. Expensive handbags, jewelry, beads - i've shipped it all and I've never had something get lost. Do you think it's because of the hurricane? But the Boston package already arrived...

Does anyone know, if I have an insurance tracking #, but no actual delivery confirmation #, can the PO still do anything to try to find my package? I am kicking myself at how dumb I was not to get a delivery confirmtion # but I can only plead I was trying to get a million things done before the hurricane on Saturday!!!! HELP!!!! Has anyone ever had a Priority Mail package take something like a week vs. the 2-3 days they say it should??? And while i have some comfort that the stone's value is covered, i've never seen another one like it, plus it was precision cut, and I absolutely loved it. ;(

THANKS...walk me off this cliff!!!

You should have a tracking number on your receipt from the post office. They can take up to a week. Be patient, they will get!

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Salem is a small town, and I think disasters hit their PO hard. DanielM sent something to me in Jan the day before the blizzard and it took 13 days to get here.

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm in Canada, but I've had packages arrive from the same location in Arizona in anywhere from one week to three weeks. I have almost panicked several times. They usually arrive the day after I start to panic, so I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that Caren gets it tomorrow!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
If you have the insurance number you can call USPS but I think all they can tell you is if it has arrived or not. However, I wouldn't start to worry yet, I think USPS definitely takes better care in making sure insured or registered mail items arrive where they are supposed to go.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
herekittykitty|1314927564|3007891 said:
Salem is a small town, and I think disasters hit their PO hard. DanielM sent something to me in Jan the day before the blizzard and it took 13 days to get here.

I agree - sounds storm related. Have you called USPS? They can probably tell you whether the area was more impacted.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My package to VA has arrived, my package to WI has not. You'd think that WI is closer and was not hit by a storm. Sometimes it, really, depends on the post office and the size of the town. Small towns have slow mail. Let us hope things are fine.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you contacted your post office? Sometimes, the PO works in mysterious ways where I've had a package sent to a town 5 hours away by car take an entire week. :confused:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I sent something priority a while ago to Daniel M and after a month it was returned to me because teh address was scratched off....at least I got it bacK! Take a breath...I'm sure it will get there in a few days.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Don't panick. Everything I have sent or received via USPS Priority has been late!

Coco914

Shiny_Rock
Hi there,
I live in New York and the agency I work for mails out a large number of checks each month... I can tell you that a lot of different post offices in this state and nearby states have been rendered non-functional by Hurricane Irene. We've been assured by the US Postal Service that they have set up methods to make certain that the mail going to the affected post offices will make it to its destination. I think it might just be taking a bit longer due to the re-routing.

On a side note, I had a package due here on August 30th (from Gemfix) and it has not arrived yet. Even with the tracking number, it doesn't show much at the moment. The last time it shows movement was on August 29th. Soooo, I'm trying to be patient as well. Not easy....but hang in there!!

kt

Shiny_Rock
I think NKOTB hit it on the head. I stressed all last nite, thinking oh no, it's gone, but caren just emailed me today to say that she got it!!! BIG sigh of relief!!! Thanks for all the perspective and helping me thru this!!

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phew! Thanks for letting us know. :)

melave

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for staring this thread NKOTB i have the same problem

A ring was supposed to come from USA in 1 week (USPS international express) and it only made it into Australia yesterday :( I am a bit disappointed as i leave for holidays today and won't see it for a month now :(

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results