shape
carat
color
clarity

Trying to find Hand shots of James Allen Common Prong setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LBug75

Shiny_Rock
I have been looking on the board for a hand shot of this setting, does anyone have one of these settings ? Thanks !!

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Sorry no pictures but I think it''s a gorgeous ring. Good luck in your search
35.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
LBug, sorry I can''t help, but I wanted to comment - it''s so funny because I''m in the middle of buying that same setting (in white gold for my sapphire). So I doubt you''ll want to wait
1.gif
but I might have something for you in a few days!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I was looking at that one too if I reset my ering! I hope someone can come on here with some hand pics ...

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
This isn''t the same setting but it''s still a James Allen with sidestones. It''s a gorgeous ering!

Hope that helps!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Just to check in with you, LBug, I did end up ordering the common prong setting! I''ve sent my sapphire in so they can custom-fit the head and modify the prongs a bit, so I won''t be getting it for a couple weeks, but if you''re still wanting hand shots then, let me know!
1.gif

LBug75

Shiny_Rock
Oh definately browneyedgirl ! It always helps to see it on a hand ! Thanks for the link Beachrunner, that is a gorgeous ring as well.

chipp

Rough_Rock
I was looking at the same ring too! I was thinking about the 6 prong, but there are not any pics of that on the James Allen website. I emailed the James Allen rep and he said that it''s a new ring and they don''t have pictures of the 6 prong to show me!! I thought that was kind of weird. Can''t he just take a picture of it? Oh well...my search continues.

LBug75

Shiny_Rock
Yeah, you''re right, they don''t show that but I wouldn''t think that the 6 prong would be too different, I could be wrong though. Maybe browneyedgirl''s ring will be 6 prong and we can check it out LOL

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Aw sorry to disappoint - mine will be four-prong! But hopefully someone will get a 6-prong and can show us - Chipp maybe?
1.gif

Or someone will have mad Photoshop skills!
2.gif

chipp

Rough_Rock
I hope to have something VERY soon! just not sure what yet! :)

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would love to see this as well, I have been looking at this setting for my princess, I think it looks beautiful, but would love to see it on someone''s hand.
2.gif

LBug75

Shiny_Rock
They also have this setting as well, it''s kinda hard to tell but it almost looks like a fishtail pave. If I can just decide on the carat size for my diamond LOL At first I thought around .33 because I would be able to wear it without worry, then I thought around .63 cause of shrinkage, now I''m wavering. I mean you can upgrade but you can''t really downgrade ya know

piper12

Rough_Rock
Hello. I am new, but I have the fishtail pave ring in yellow gold-with a .91 round center. It''s a very pretty ring and the stones are very white and brillant. The center stone is set pretty low, lower than it looks in the photo. I''m sure it would look great in white gold as well.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/12/2008 11:33:33 PM
Author: LBug75
They also have this setting as well, it''s kinda hard to tell but it almost looks like a fishtail pave. If I can just decide on the carat size for my diamond LOL At first I thought around .33 because I would be able to wear it without worry, then I thought around .63 cause of shrinkage, now I''m wavering. I mean you can upgrade but you can''t really downgrade ya know

I actually thought about that one too! I ended up going with the common prong since I wanted a more cathedral-like setting, but the french pave is lovely. What is your finger size LBug? If you end up with the .33, you''ll still have the bling factor of the diamonds on the band...but if you think shrinkage may happen, and your budget allows for it, I''d go with the .63
2.gif

Piper, we''d love to see pictures of your ring if you have time!

LBug75

Shiny_Rock
My ring size is a 5- 5.25, I went to some B &M stores today to get an idea of what different sizes would look like on my finger and I just came away disgusted !

And yes Piper ! Hand shots please !! Would love to see it !!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/13/2008 5:03:26 PM
Author: LBug75
My ring size is a 5- 5.25, I went to some B &M stores today to get an idea of what different sizes would look like on my finger and I just came away disgusted !

And yes Piper ! Hand shots please !! Would love to see it !!

Disgusted? What do you mean?

And I bet either .33 or .63 will look amazing!

piper12

Rough_Rock
I adjusted the file size of this photo, so I hope it turns out alright and not too big or fuzzy.

DSC00293.JPG

piper12

Rough_Rock
I wear it with a half carat channel set curved band. Hope this helps!
37.gif

DSC00301.JPG

piper12

Rough_Rock
Here is one more.

DSC00311.JPG

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
That''s beautiful Piper! Thanks for sharing the pics with us. I love that thin band and how it makes the diamond POP - gorgeous!

LBug75

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous Piper ! I guess I was just disgusted because of the size discrepancy I saw. I have been using what I remember about my cousin''s Tiffany e-ring as a point of reference. It seems like they would show me 3/4 carat rings that looked more like 1/3-1/2. Of course, that''s why I won''t be buying anything from them LOL

LBug75

Shiny_Rock
Hey Piper, I forgot to ask, is that the one from James Allen ?

piper12

Rough_Rock
Hello! Thanks for the compliments!
21.gif
My engagement ring setting and center stone are from James Allen. My wedding band is from a local jeweler. The ring runs true to size and the inside is really smooth and comfortable. The details in the pave setting (profile view) are not as noticeable as they are in the pictue online. The ring is easy to clean too!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/15/2008 9:56:13 PM
Author: piper12
Hello! Thanks for the compliments!
21.gif
My engagement ring setting and center stone are from James Allen. My wedding band is from a local jeweler. The ring runs true to size and the inside is really smooth and comfortable. The details in the pave setting (profile view) are not as noticeable as they are in the pictue online. The ring is easy to clean too!

Piper, I LOVE your engagement ring!! The setting is so delicate and really shows off your beautiful centre stone. I have a soft spot for JA and Jim!
1.gif

Could you share more details of the specs of the stone and also your ring, if you don''t mind? I can''t believe it''s a 0.91ct stone. It looks HUGE. I *honestly* thought it was closer to 1.5-2ct!
1.gif
, and beautifully white!
1.gif

LBug75

Shiny_Rock
Oh I totally agree Phoenix, that looks much bigger than a .91. That setting looks totally different on Pipers hand than on the site. I can see that I''ll have a hard time deciding between the fishtail and the common prong. Let me ask you this Piper, do you feel that the diamons in the pave are pretty secure ?

piper12

Rough_Rock
Hello! Thanks! I tried to make this photo bigger so you can see the details. The center stone is a GIA .91....you''ll never guess...J color! It''s an excellent cut and VS2 clarity. I don''t remember any of the other numbers, I would have to look them up. I would have never been able to have a ring this beautiful if it weren''t for this site. I have learned so much here.

picresized_th_1221642792_DSC00284.jpg

piper12

Rough_Rock
Here it is on my cat''s paw. The pave is very secure, I like the pave rather than the common prong because the stones do not stick out on the sides and rub into the wedding band. The tiny prongs are a little "scratchy" but I think I only notice because I had a channel set ring before.

picresized_th_1221643229_DSC00299.jpg

piper12

Rough_Rock
side view

picresized_th_1221643547_DSC00302.jpg

piper12

Rough_Rock
this photo shows the details of the pave
2.gif

picresized_th_1221643784_DSC00313.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results