shape
carat
color
clarity

trying to find a diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

subjekt

Rough_Rock
Ok I know this topic is always around but i would appreciate some help as I really need to find a good diamond. I have a setting in mind ( a single solitaire ) but I am looking for a diamond no more than 12K ....I would like to find a great balance between quality and size of course as well ( I think thats the biggest battle ) I had found one on blue nile:
http://www.bluenile.ca/diamonds_details.asp?__fun_frm=b&pid=LD00162862&filter_id=0
however I was wondering a few things
1) Which is the best place to find loose diamonds online
2) Are there many scams out there and are many people dissapointed?

Thank you in advance for your replies / comments

oops, I am looking for a round diamond as well with really the best balance of cost/quality/size....my head is literally spinning from looking around
This is take 2 by the way for me as last time I just got to discouraged!!

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Hi Subjekt and welcome to Pricescope!
35.gif
Sorry you didn''t have much luck on Take 1 - we''ll all try to to better!

Here are a few diamonds that I found using "Search by Cut". They are SI-1''s, but a little larger than the stone you picked.

1.52 G SI-1, Ideal AGS 0, 1.2 HCA $11,638 (PS price)

1.51 G SI-1, H&A Ideal AGS 0, HCA 1, $11,380 (PS Price)

The one you picked from Blue Nile looks good. 1.4 HCA. Some may say the crown angle is a bit high. The stone diameter is roughly 7.25 mm.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
In terms of the best place to buy, I think all of the Pricescope vendors are honest and really want you to be happy with your diamond. One thing you may want to keep in mind is the "trade-up" policy, should you ever want to upgrade. I know WF has a good policy.

In terms of scams, I think the most important thing to do is educate yourself, which it seems you have. Even though there are probably honest vendors, I''d stay away from eBay. There are a ton of scam artists there. Also beware the local jeweler who tries to scare you or to make you second guess your purchase decision.

A good rule of thumb is to stick with GIA or AGS certs. They are the strictest of the bunch and you are more likely to get what you pay for.

Hope this helps!
1.gif

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
what size are you trying to get for your money?

are you trying to maximize size? color? or clarity?

i want to know so i can help you find the diamond that''ll work for you. i don''t want to find you a stone that i would want with that budget, since it might not be the stone that your gf might want.

12K is a VERY healthy budget. you can get a pretty nice stone for that money.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results