shape
carat
color
clarity

Trying to find a certian ring design

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Volred

Rough_Rock
I am looking for a certian kind of design, I have seen close designs, but nothing matching what I am looking for.

I would like to get an engagement ring that has three stones (A 1/2 carat center stone, and two 1/4 carat side stones) I imagine the 1/4 carat side stones pointing at a different angle than the main center stone.

To add to this I would like to see a row of 4-0.05 carat stones down the band of the ring. (These stones would be 1.3mm wide, in a 2.5mm-3mm band)

This is a picture of what the 3 stones would look like, I do like the 4 prongs holding the diamonds in place.
3stonesideview.jpg
3stonetopview.jpg

And here is a picture of a nice ring that has a solitare stone, with a nice row of diamonds down the side.
frontggdgdgfgfg.jpg
frontsideftyh1010060.jpg

I guess that I could order the first ring, and get a jeweler to modify it so that I could place stones on the side. But that would be a little more costly than being able to buy the ring outright, completely built.

Does anyone know where to find a supplier of rings that has a ring similar to what I am looking for?
I have look on
stuller.com
siffari.com &
browsed through ingwers selection (thanks to goodoldgold.com

Brian Knox

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hi Volred,

Thanks for visiting our website.

Since we make those rings, and all of the other designs on our website,
it is easy to make the modification you mentioned.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I'm confused, Brian. Volred didn't mention going to your website.

cmcwill

Shiny_Rock
I think those exact pictures are from his website...unless they're name-brand settings and the vendors carry the same pictures of the settings...Not sure!
1.gif

Colleen

Volred

Rough_Rock
I have been collecting pictures from pricescope, diamondtalk, and dealers sites. I guess that I put up those 2 pictures from his site cause I liked the way those looked.

Brian Knox

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hi everyone,

I was very pleased & flattered to see our rings posted by Volred.

The three stone ring is one of my favorites. In fact, I like it so much, I just made one for my wife for our 10th Anniversary on Feb 25th.
love.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds like a custom order what you have in mind !

Those are Dvatche settings (with a three-stone version of the second style in existance too) - as you know - and do not come with extra stones down the sides. Depending on how you want those set, they could be 'inserted' in the premade setting, I would think. Otherwise... did you see the thread of "Appreciative of Expertise" about the ring-making? That's the way
1.gif

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 3/30/2004 12:59:30 AM valeria101 wrote:

Those are Dvatche settings (with a three-stone version of the second style in existance too) - as you know - and do not come with extra stones down the sides. Depending on how you want those set, they could be 'inserted' in the premade setting, I would think. Otherwise... did you see the thread of 'Appreciative of Expertise' about the ring-making? That's the way
1.gif

----------------

Well, they're either D. Vatche rings or a really close knock-off of a D. Vatche ring
2.gif
The first ring style looks like a D. Vatche "Truffle Setting" and the second looks like a D. Vatche style number 231 see the catalogue at http://www.dvatche.com they're not really accomodating when it comes to custom orders involving alterations, but who knows they might already have this concept in production (we didn't see it in their on-line catalogue however) or might be intrigued by it...

Volred

Rough_Rock
That dvache site is great. I found this ring here,
and I think this would be the perfect one to modify.

909-b.gif

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
We spoke with the designers at D. Vatche this morning and they are willing to discuss making the alterations to this ring design for you, however in order to provide you with a quote we would need more details about the specifics of the ring you would like... Alloy type, center stone quality, etc. Note that D. Vatche sets the selling price for their merchandise so the selling price will be exactly the same amongst authorized D. Vatche Dealers... The ring design pictured above which is similar to the D. Vatche ring style 231 is not a D. Vatche piece by the way, we didn't notice it last night, but D. Vatche channel sets their diamonds along the side for durability reasons and the diamonds pictured in the ring above appear to be bead set which provides a similar look, but it is less expensive to produce.

cushionsearcher

Rough_Rock
You mentioned GOG in your post. I'm not sure if you plan on working with them to get the stones, but if you are they might be able to help you with a custom setting as well. They made a 'custom' setting for me, which I love, although what I was looking for was admittedly less complicated than what you're looking for.

It might be worth a shot though. I wound up getting a $950 ring as opposed to a $1500 ring (the closest thing I found to what I was looking for).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results