shape
carat
color
clarity

Trying to figure this out

Ted B

Rough_Rock
I found this item in my "old watch" box, I am trying to ID exactly what it is. I am not a Jeweler, I have no expertise in metals, precious or otherwise, I am really flying blind... I am hoping that one of you has seem something like this before.

It appears that this was a pendent of some kind, it is broken at the top. It is not an attractive piece, it is of four children. Actually, it appeared at first to be made of lead, and very rough. However, some of the "lead" appears to have broken away, and underneath it appears to be a piece of silver(?), it is non-magnetic.

Here are some pictures, I am hoping that someone out there has an answer, idea, opinion... pendent 1.jpg pendent 2.jpg pendent 3.jpg pendent 4.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality, I appreciate any help. Thanks, Ted

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks like a keepsake pendant. Hard to date this, but probably 1930s-50s.
The metal is some sort of soft alloy, judging by the way it is severely abraded on the back.
Unless you know those kids, it isn't of any real value.

Smith3

Shiny_Rock
I’ve seen this before!! my mom had this and the little pendants with the pictures on them were hanged on a little metal tree. It was a thing back in the 70’s I think. I don’t know what it was called but it was popular

Ted B

Rough_Rock
Thanks stracc12000 and Smith3 for your replies. I may see if I can remove the top coat and get a better look at the pendent itself. It just looked "disguised" to me, and I couldn't figure out why. I think, not sure, but that abrasion on the back appears to be fabricated, so if I can get the coating off, I expect to see a finished product...we will see.

Again, that you both for helping,

Ted

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The metal is some sort of soft alloy, judging by the way it is severely abraded on the back.

Yes! I thought either the dog got it or its an etched meteorite with Widemanstatten lines =)2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results