shape
carat
color
clarity

Trying to create a shocking and unique proposal

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

romanticcop

Rough_Rock
I want to create a breath taking moment for an unsuspecting girl, however I lack in the creative department. Let me know what you think.

We have never had our pictures taken or created any lasting tangible memories of the two years we've been together so I thought maybe I could kill two birds with one stone. I considered taking her to a nearby botanical garden where a local photographer uses the back drops for wedding pics, senior pics etc. I thought of spending the day with her and her 4 year old little boy(Tyler), at the garden while creating lasting memories such as a black and white family photo album. I considered pics of she and I holding eachother, kissing, etc. and then possibly asking the photographer to take one last pic. (i.e.) me dropping to one knee and holding the box while her eyes fill with tears and her mouth drops.
... I also thought of Tyler kneeling down beside me as if we were both asking her to marry me. (provided I could synchronize it with Tyler)

What do ya think? Is it any good? Can I add details to highten the moment?
confused.gif

shaneyboy

Rough_Rock
appl.gif

sounds good man...i must say, use your son, just practice with him before the day arrives. But you must be careful that he doesn't blow your whole engagement. you could promise to buy him something he always wanted if he does this. You could even incorporate him even more by letting him hold the ring and while on bended knee, he gives you the ring (be sure that she sees it), it's almost like HE is giving you permission to marry her. This should be cute! and um... you could maybe try blind-folding her and lead her to a private spot and set little tyler on his knees first then you do the same, and at this point, you could ask her to take the blind-fold off...don't forget to pay a photographer to take pics of your proposal.

romanticcop

Rough_Rock
Thanks alot, I like the idea of the blind fold and tyler carrying the ring until the moment. I'll try to take this idea and run with it!

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
That does sound cute. And you don't have to practice with the kid before hand. Toddlers love to mimic... just gesture over to him to copy you. Slip the box in his pocket while you help him get situated, then ask him to reach in and bring it out.

Should make for a great day.

carrieq

Rough_Rock
Fantastic Idea! Be careful...most 4-year old boys are not too good at keeping secrets, so don't tell him too much in advance. Also, make sure you tell the photographer ahead of time...and have him get a great pic of the surprise on her face at the moment you ask her (what a great memory to have in permanent form). Good luck! I wish my husband had been so creative.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results