shape
carat
color
clarity

trying for the green alex...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

m76steve

Brilliant_Rock
on todays web im seeing a lot of alexandrite that people say doesnt show the green very well-im always testing with pics to get a good image of the green color-here goes again...

m76steve14.JPG

m76steve

Brilliant_Rock
this is the same item under daylight...

m7615.JPG

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Steve - I hope you don''t take offence at this.

It''s easy to photograph the green of a poor quality Alex. With good quality Alex that has superior colour change it''s almost impossible. It''s not about fluorescent lighting. In fluorescent lighting I still get the colour change showing and no green at all.

m76steve

Brilliant_Rock
no offence taken-i have seen lots of alex and a lot of it is good and apparently not-so-good--am finding that trying to capture the moment is harder than expected on pics-wil try different cameras and settings-the struggle continues-thanks for the input-as with most gems-they really pop in person than pics can show...

m76steve

Brilliant_Rock
lovingdiamonds-was thinkin about your reply and from the stones ive seen from many dealers from lots of shows-have seen some really great alexes that were presented with different light sources-usually a flourescent and a incandecent light because of the difference in light waves-frequences-or what have you-basically trying to duplicate day or candle light-ive seen plenty of alex? shown to me under these lights that dont do anything close to what a good alex should do. i think i have some pretty good stones with the appraisals to backup said stones that are impresive if i say so myself-still no offence but these lights are used as tools to start the process of identifying alex or any other light sensitive material-to be continued...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results