shape
carat
color
clarity

trustworthy place to set and appraise ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

steve913

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,Well i winding down to a final decision about the diamond purchase.. here are my two options:1. Purchase the ring complete at Mondera (but they don't have a 0.5x/D/VVS2+ available yet)2. Purchase the 4-prong setting w/ box and buy a diamond separate. This would mean I would need to get it set somewhere and appriased.#1 is easy (yet, the diamond probably won't be as good as I would like it to be), but I was thinking of #2. Are there any places in the Baltimore/DC area that do both of these and that won't swindle me or anything? And is this the best option in your opinions? thanks

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Give a call to Jim Schultz, www.dirtcheapdiamonds.com . He is in MD and you will be able to see the diamond before paying. He also should help you with setting and appraisal.

steve913

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the reply.I was thinking actually, of getting a diamond from Superbcert and then getting that set in a ring from Mondera. Do you think because he is a diamond vendor, there might be some 'friction'?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Oh! Then you better ask your vendor to make the settings for you.

Looking

Rough_Rock
It is hard to find a jeweler who will do the work when neither the stone nor the setting came from their store. I would suggest that you ask whomever you buy the setting from to set the stone. However make sure they will be accountable in case of damage to the stone. You might also try I. Gorman and Sons jeweler in Washington DC. I have never purchased from them but received wonderful service while I was looking for my ring. They have been around for a long time and have a wonderful reputation. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results