Trump's Betrayal of the United States

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screen Shot 2019-10-29 at 4.54.37 PM.png

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The base and republicans are unmoved Deb. David Brooks said that 90% of republicans are not in favor of impeachment, 90% WTF. I have to say @Dancing Fire has been correct, unless Trump screws up the economy royally - and I think he has, face it, growth sux under Trump, the DEBT IS OUTRAGEOUS, millenials are disenfranchised, but none the less, Trumpeteers keep honking their horns and accept, lying, cheating, using another country to try and screw a political opponent!, Bill Clinton was impeached because he lied under oath (by the House) and we have a pussygrabber in charge and it's ho hum... I shake my head in disgust. Republicans are despicable, not because they are poor (many aren't) not because they are druggies (most aren't) but because their ONLY VALLUE IN LIFE is money.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

upside:

DF, there's bad news coming, just slower than projected, which is par for the course as cycles are taking longer than formerly.

T, unless this is another lie the Dems have zero chance of beating Trump as the economy continues to grow.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DF, there's bad news coming, just slower than projected, which is par for the course as cycles are taking longer than formerly.
[/QUOTE] I'd agree that this economy will not continue at this pace. This up cycle has lasted much longer than everyone had expected, but unless our economy/stock market crashes within the next 12 months Trump will be re-elected in 2020.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I have become a bit more optimistic lately regarding Trumps defeat in 2020. As I've heard it explained, if the Dems target campaign funds in the swing states like Wis., Minn., etc, and go all out with the Democrats message they can win those states, which have moved away from Trump due to the trade war and farm issues and his horrible behavior..

While I like Eliz Warren , I tthink she is a bad choice. I have decided Joe Biden or Amy Klobucher would be our best bet. Bernie Sanders, I would lake over E>W. She has gone over the deep end in moving so far left.IMO She also has a blind spot. She is unable to work with business.

She is worth 18 million herself. How does a college professor become a 1 percenter. I hope she explains where she got her money. She may not be a billionaire, but she is rich.

Annette

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

While I like Eliz Warren , I tthink she is a bad choice. I have decided Joe Biden or Amy Klobucher would be our best bet. Bernie Sanders, I would lake over E>W. She has gone over the deep end in moving so far left.IMO She also has a blind spot. She is unable to work with business.

Annette
We finally agree on something... :lol:

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I have become a bit more optimistic lately regarding Trumps defeat in 2020. As I've heard it explained, if the Dems target campaign funds in the swing states like Wis., Minn., etc, and go all out with the Democrats message they can win those states, which have moved away from Trump due to the trade war and farm issues and his horrible behavior..

She is worth 18 million herself. How does a college professor become a 1 percenter. I hope she explains where she got her money. She may not be a billionaire, but she is rich.

Annette

Just on the net worth point - this article says that she and her husband together have a net worth of $12 million. That includes a house in Cambridge Mass worth $3M. They also own a condo in DC. In my experience, two professionals (one of which has earned money from best-selling books) having a net worth that high is not that unusual. I have friends worth at least that much that own businesses that most people would consider ordinary. They made great investments, especially in real estate.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

Its just that she seems to unilaterally criticize those that have money. I do believe most people aspire to become wealthy, but her views seem to heap scorn on that idea. Yes, small businesses can produce good income and wealth, but she doesn't distinguish between them and billionaires. I'll keep listening.

Annette

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi,

Its just that she seems to unilaterally criticize those that have money. I do believe most people aspire to become wealthy, but her views seem to heap scorn on that idea. Yes, small businesses can produce good income and wealth, but she doesn't distinguish between them and billionaires. I'll keep listening.

Annette

I guess it depends on how you define "those that have money." She is certainly after the 0.1%. Her website claims that taxing 75,000 households with net worths of over $50 million an additional 2% on amounts above that (and an additional 3% for amounts over a billion) would bring in $3 trillion in revenue.

It's an interesting proposition - should wealth be taxed? As an example, an unemployed heiress worth $51 million would be taxed $2000 a year over and above whatever tax they usually pay on investment earnings. Is that so terrible? Would it ever even go through? Or will it be like "and Mexico will pay for the wall..."

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results