carat
color
clarity

Trump's Betrayal of the United States

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trump Asks Ukraine’s Leader to ‘Do Us a Favor’ and Also Urges Inquiry of Biden

The excerpted story below was run in very dramatic print on the front page of "The New York Times". In my opinion, it does not do justice to the egregious actions of Donald Trump; Rudy Giuiliani; William Barr; and The State Department as managed by Donald Trump, however. As today has passed, the actions of the people named above have become clearer and they appear to be totally beyond the bounds of normalcy. In fact, they seem to represent a conspiracy to extort Ukraine to support Donald Trump personally or be deprived of the military equipment to fight its war against Russia, which has invaded it and annexed its terrirory (Crimea). Trump was withholding $390 million of aid that has been appropriated by Congress when he made this phone call asking for the "favor" of having President Zelensky meet with Giuliani and talk to Barr about Vice President Biden!

"WASHINGTON — President Trump urged the president of Ukraine to contact Attorney General William P. Barr about opening a potential corruption investigation connected to former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr., according to a transcript of a July phone call at the center of accusations that Mr. Trump pressured a foreign leader to find dirt on a political rival.

'I would like you to do us a favor,' Mr. Trump said in response to President Volodymyr Zelensky of Ukraine raising the prospect of acquiring military equipment from the United States. The president then also asked for another inquiry: that the Ukrainians examine an unsubstantiated theory about stolen Democratic emails.

After a whistle-blower raised concerns about Mr. Trump’s dealings with Ukraine, the director of national intelligence and the inspector general for the intelligence community each referred the complaint for a possible criminal investigation into the president’s actions, according to a Justice Department official.

(snip)

During the call, Mr. Trump told Mr. Zelensky that he should be in touch with both Mr. Barr and the president’s personal lawyer Rudolph W. Giuliani, according to the transcript released by the White House on Wednesday.

'There is a lot of talk about Biden’s son, that Biden stopped the prosecution, and a lot of people want to find out about that,' Mr. Trump said to Mr. Zelensky during the call, according to the transcript. 'So whatever you can do with the attorney general would be great.'

The five-page document distributed by the White House includes a cautionary note indicating that it was 'not a verbatim transcript' but instead was based on 'notes and recollections of Situation Room Duty officers' and national security staff. But senior administration officials said voice recognition software was used in preparing the 'memorandum of telephone conversation,' which included long, direct quotations.

The Justice Department said Wednesday that Mr. Barr was unaware that Mr. Trump had told Mr. Zelensky that he would contact him. The department said that Mr. Barr has never spoken with Mr. Trump about working with Ukraine to investigate anything related to the Bidens and that he has never spoken with Mr. Giuliani about 'anything related to Ukraine.'

Though rooting out widespread corruption in Ukraine has long been an American foreign policy goal, Mr. Trump referenced Mr. Biden, a leading Democratic candidate for president, during the call. Mr. Trump and Mr. Giuliani have long pushed for Ukrainian officials to examine whether there was any improper overlap between Mr. Biden’s dealings with Ukraine while in office and his son’s position on the board of a Ukrainian energy company."

Point of Information. There are references Trump makes to "the prosecutor" Vice President Biden wanted fired. Trump words his statements as if the firing of a prosecutor in Ukraine were some nefarious plot to protect Hunter Biden who was on the board of a Ukrainian corporation. Trump's rants are about a corrupt prosecutor general, Viktor Shokin, whom Vice President Biden insisted be fired while he he Mr. Biden was publicly representing President Obama. All our European allies agreed with this firing.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/25/...action=click&module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage

Last edited:

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I want in writing - each republican senator to swear it will be 100% ok for the next democrat president to blackmail foreign nations to get info on the republican senators own children when they run for office again .

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

Professor Laurence Tribe of Harvard called this both "treachery and treason". To conspire with a foreign Gov't to win an election is treason in my book. Where have I heard this before? Oh, Russia, can you hear me now?

I remain convinced Trump is an Illegitimate Pres. But I remain unconvinced the Democrats can bring impeachment charges just for a House vote. The Senate brings other conditions into focus. The Mueller report was such a let down that I can say, I am only hoping.

Annette

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He hasn’t only betrayed the United States- he has betrayed this planet.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The whitehouse sent the democrats their talking points on this scandal...
talks2222.jpg

https://nationalpost.com/news/world...-talking-points-to-the-democrats-no-seriously

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found this an interesting read on our society

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/25/opinions/impeachment-inquiry-of-trump-opinion-granderson/index.html

"When the euphoria from the announcement that the US House will pursue an impeachment inquiry of President Trump wears off for Democrats and others who oppose Trump's administration, and all the talking heads have spoken, remember this -- it's important: Trump didn't change the country; he revealed it."

Removing him won't fix things, if anything Trunp ascending to the presidency should show us how broken our system is and how little we seem to care about our society as a whole. Hopefully we change this.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I believe removing trump from office will fix a lot. Who knows what other countries he’s successfully shaken down.

His actions in regards to world politics and trade and our economy and climate change scare the crap out of me. Removing him from office and having someone of sound mind running our country would solve a lot.

As for the issue of what has been revealed to us, I call it a blessing. Now we can get to work on the truths that divide our country.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Removing him won't fix things, if anything Trunp ascending to the presidency should show us how broken our system is and how little we seem to care about our society as a whole. Hopefully we change this.

Sometimes I think this way. Then I am reminded that President Nixon was backed by stalwart Republicans right up until the last minute. It took Barry Goldwater and a group of other Republicans to convince him that he would be impeached and removed from office to get him to resign. His Silent Majority backers were with him right up until the tide of public opinion had turned so far that there was no water left for him, only sand.

AGBF

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
C347987F-1EC4-4BFD-A450-D352B7F548BB.jpeg

Meowingtons

Rough_Rock
This is NOT a full, actual transcript, but a memo based on the recollection and notes of White House officials and staff during the conversation Trump had. The memo is written to look like a transcript, but it is not.

"The text in this document records the notes and recollections of Situation Room Duty Officers and NSC policy staff assigned to listen and memorialize the conversation in written form as the conversation takes place.”

I don't know if there's stuff that's omitted or cleaned up.

Release the full, verbatim transcript released, or the audio tape recording.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You know what I don’t get?
Trump tried to throw his vp under the bus!:confused2:?

Now, I may not be a “ very stable genius “ but when he is forced out of office and getting charged for his seemingly countless crimes, who exactly does he think is going to issue his pardon he will be begging for???
If he gets pence impeached too, has NO ONE mentioned to him that Pelosi is put in charge???

Either he would rather Pelosi run the show, or he has not thought this through very well. Attacking Pence or implicating pence in any of this is beyond idiotic on his part. For a man who cares for himself above all others, he sure has not thought this through.

granted I think they ALL belong in jail if they know what he is doing and are covering crimes for trump.

I’d be fine with a president Pelosi until the next election.

And you could have bet me a VERY substantial sum 10 years ago that I would NEVER utter those words.
This whole thing is insane.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DF is going to come in any minute now to parrot these with some Hillary bashing for good measure. :lol:
I thought you have me on your ignored list? :P2

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If he gets pence impeached too, has NO ONE mentioned to him that Pelosi is put in charge???
AOC is in charge of the D party.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WASHINGTON — The whistle-blower who revealed that President Trump sought foreign help for his re-election and that the White House sought to cover it up is a C.I.A. officer who was detailed to work at the White House at one point, according to three people familiar with his identity.

The man has since returned to the C.I.A., the people said. Little else is known about him. His complaint made public Thursday suggested he was an analyst by training and made clear he was steeped in details of American foreign policy toward Europe, demonstrating a sophisticated understanding of Ukrainian politics and at least some knowledge of the law.

The whistle-blower’s expertise will likely add to lawmakers’ confidence about the merits of his complaint, and tamp down allegations that he might have misunderstood what he learned about Mr. Trump. He did not listen directly to a July call between Mr. Trump and President Volodymyr Zelensky of Ukraine that is at the center of the political firestorm over the president’s mixing of diplomacy with personal political gain.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/26/us/politics/who-is-whistleblower.html

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am embarrassed for Chairman Schiff. What a joke! I am so disappointed that he used “parody” (his word, an hour into the hearing) to start things off.

Who told him that was a good idea? :doh:

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are we to interpret that to mean that his complaint is based on other actions or just that he obtained information from transcripts?

I do not know all of his sources, but he spoke to "eyewitnesses", he did not simply rely on transcripts when it came to the phone call. There is more to the whistleblower's complaint than what was heard in the phone call, however. For example, there was the activity of White House staff who scurried around after the phone call endeavoring to hide the verbatim transcript in a server reserved for classified information (for which this phone call did not qualify). It is like Nixon trying to hide the Watergate tapes. There was a conspiracy to cover up the president's extorting phone call which shows a consciousness of guilt. The Inspector General has already interviewed some of these witnesses.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG this part:
Prior to serving the main course, guests should be seated at the table according to political affiliation. Keep it simple: liberals on the left, Russian sympathizers to the right. Bernie Sanders supporters will sit at a separate children’s table where they will share all foods in equal proportions whether they like it or not. Jill Stein voters will be served dog bowls of shredded recount money.
:lol:

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG this part:
Prior to serving the main course, guests should be seated at the table according to political affiliation. Keep it simple: liberals on the left, Russian sympathizers to the right. Bernie Sanders supporters will sit at a separate children’s table where they will share all foods in equal proportions whether they like it or not. Jill Stein voters will be served dog bowls of shredded recount money.
:lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results